Date: 20-05-24  Time: 21:56 pm

Author Topic: my vibration has disappeared  (Read 1513 times)

fazersteve1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
my vibration has disappeared
« on: 11 June 2014, 07:16:06 pm »
I have owned my fzs1000 since march 2006[it was one of the last of the gen 1] at 2000miles I fitted a hyperpro front & rear springs which I was quite happy with until last year when at 21000 miles it was time to spend a bit of money on the best bike I ever owned,so last june I fitted a the upgraded r6 shock together with a set of Avon storms xm & a genuine chain & sprocket kit,the one thing I was disappointed with was the vibration thru the handlebars as I remember fitting chains kits to XS650s/CB750s/Z1 etc & it was like having a new bike but after fitting the original sprocket kit I was a bit disappointed that the bike felt  no smoother than before,when I was over the classic tt last August I asked a friend to take my bike out to see what he thought & he confirmed there was to much vibration there so when I got home I reved it up to 4000rpm on the mainstand to confirm how much vibration was there,i then slackened all the engine bolts off & restarted it on the main stand & reved it to 4000rpm & all the vibration had gone,i was so happy it had just gone & this bike has not been fitted with the ivans kit yet,i did then torque all the bolts back up to the correct figures but the vibration had come back,i then undone the bolts again & just done then up by hand & it has been super smooth since then,i just come back from the tt where I clocked up 1000miles & it still super smooth & all the bolts are tight so hope this has helped someone

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: my vibration has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2014, 07:32:03 pm »
I had some information in the service folder that came with my bike that was all about loosening the engine bolts, running the engine for a little while and then re-torqueing them to reduce vibration.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2014, 08:02:31 pm »
Mine is vibrating a lot more than it did do. I might have to try loosening the bolts. Did you loosen all of them at once?
Did you retorque them to the correct tightness or slightly looser?

Mickey
« Last Edit: 11 June 2014, 08:06:09 pm by fireblake »
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2014, 09:00:59 pm »
The info I have suggests you loosen all mounting bolts, run the engine and rev gently to 3k ish and then re-torque.

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2014, 10:00:22 pm »
For anyone new to the fzs there's no better resource than the following:
http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/ including contributions by the UK guru Mike.
It's been around for well over 12 years & been linked thousand of times & yet it's still ignored by many.
There's no need to reinvent the wheel, it's already round & spinning.