Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:49 pm

Author Topic: NCS BIKE ALARM  (Read 846 times)

sparky88

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
NCS BIKE ALARM
« on: 15 April 2021, 10:10:27 am »
Hello just bought a 99 Fazer it is in great shape, my only problem as I see it, is it has a alarm fitted which I am not a fan of. It is a NCS which from what I can make out from Google is a cheap Chinese job, can anyone in simple words tell me are they easy to disconnect or any info would be helpful, all the best Sparky.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: NCS BIKE ALARM
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2021, 01:48:06 pm »
Hello just bought a 99 Fazer it is in great shape, my only problem as I see it, is it has a alarm fitted which I am not a fan of. It is a NCS which from what I can make out from Google is a cheap Chinese job, can anyone in simple words tell me are they easy to disconnect or any info would be helpful, all the best Sparky.

It should be simple, disconnect the power/neg wires red/black leading into/from the alarm box to the battery.  Now it's possible who's ever fitted it has been a bit cleaver and tapped into another permanent live somewhere else on the bike, or run longer leads to the box from the battery depending on where the box is.  Others will go the the starter relay, ignition switch and indicators, the unit can also have a protection loop i.e. topbox.

Find the unit trace the wires, if it's been done properly it will be a real pain tracing the wires.  Likelihood is it will be a owner fit (look for scotch connectors) as they're crap alarms, any pro that I know of wouldn't touch them.

You can either just disconnect all the above or rip the whole unit out.   ;)
Later

sparky88

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2021, 02:33:23 pm »
Thanks for that Gnasher, I think I'll take to a mate, who is a bike mechanic, as it does look well installed with no mass of tape or bare wires to be seen. That being said he will provably tell me where to go as unless they are decent alarms he wouldn't touch them, just trouble waiting to happen.

bald_pig

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2021, 09:54:47 pm »
NCS have a couple of different styles of alarm, I have one on mine which is just a 2 wire job, works well for what it is, loud and sensitive. Easiest way to tell should be the remote, I believe the immobilizer models have 4 buttons whereas the 2 wire version has 3.