Date: 19-04-24  Time: 17:06 pm

Author Topic: Fazer's vs XJ6 Diversion F  (Read 1276 times)

M.A.N.

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - KTM E-XC electric
    • View Profile
Fazer's vs XJ6 Diversion F
« on: 05 April 2021, 02:27:21 pm »
Really like my FZS600 from 2003 but time to find something more modern with ABS and a bit more adopted to touring, even if city commuting is what I use it for daily. Love the smooth 4-cyl engines but don't really need the power of FZ1-S or similar. Considered the GSX 650 F but too heavy! On the paper the 2009 XJ6 Diversion F seems to tick most boxes but not really sure it brings any added value apart from the ABS?  Anyone with experiece of how the XJ6 compares with the Fazer's in terms of easy-handling and decent touring capabilities? Thx!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Fazer's vs XJ6 Diversion F
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2021, 04:14:38 pm »
Not tried one personally, but they have less power than the FZS600
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2021, 11:09:35 pm »
Not ridden one, but a friend had one and said it was a bit of a bore. He sold it and bought a Street Triple  :lol

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2021, 09:09:38 am »
The FZS is impossible to beat with anything new of a similar size even the FZ6 doesn't cut it.  Time and time again my customers wish they'd never sold theirs or end up getting another, there's just nothing out there.  All the newer stuff has bit's that better the FZS, like ABS or emission standard to get you into to cities etc, but none can match what the FZS can do, size, power, performance, weight, comfort (2up), running and service costs it was pretty well right straight off the drawing board.

You need to look at the adventure type bikes, but to match the FZS power/performance you'll have to look at 1000's which will hike the insurance and they're mostly bigger bikes all round. 

FZS is as mentioned is unbeatable, good luck mate.     

« Last Edit: 06 April 2021, 09:12:56 am by Gnasher »
Later

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2021, 09:09:44 am »
Really like my FZS600 from 2003 but time to find something more modern with ABS
Not thought about an FZ6..? these came with ABS from 2007/08 onwards -

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6

M.A.N.

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - KTM E-XC electric
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2021, 10:16:05 am »
The FZS is impossible to beat with anything new of a similar size even the FZ6 doesn't cut it.  Time and time again my customers wish they'd never sold theirs or end up getting another, there's just nothing out there.  All the newer stuff has bit's that better the FZS, like ABS or emission standard to get you into to cities etc, but none can match what the FZS can do, size, power, performance, weight, comfort (2up), running and service costs it was pretty well right straight off the drawing board.

You need to look at the adventure type bikes, but to match the FZS power/performance you'll have to look at 1000's which will hike the insurance and they're mostly bigger bikes all round. 

FZS is as mentioned is unbeatable, good luck mate.     

I am afraid your statement is very true  :) . No matter what I look at, the FZS seems to be an unbeatable concept within the money range I am prepared to spend. Guess I have to manage without the ABS and see if I can find a bigger fairing for my FZS to improve the motorway touring capabilities. Find the knee angle to be a bit sharp for long distances but I have seen that some mount extra foot pegs on the crash bars to be able to stretch the legs. Only have 8700 miles on my bike so makes sense to invest in some upgrades....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2021, 11:12:52 pm »
Not thought about an FZ6..? these came with ABS from 2007/08 onwards -

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6

Err, my S1 FZ6 (2004-2006) has ABS :thumbup