Date: 20-05-24  Time: 00:59 am

Author Topic: Done ....... ish  (Read 4926 times)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
Done ....... ish
« on: 07 March 2017, 07:01:43 pm »
I reckon that it's just about finished  ;)

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
Re: Done ....... ish
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
Absolutely love it........but not sure about the red hoses (too bright, maybe too tacky when the rest of the red bits go so well).

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2017, 08:05:35 pm »
I dunno, I quite like the red hoses? But then again I would have put the red engine bolt kit on too so maybe my taste leans more towards tacky haha
Also loving that seat.
Imo just needs a nice carbon pipe on it now 🖒

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2017, 08:16:52 pm »

Absolutely love it........but not sure about the red hoses (too bright, maybe too tacky when the rest of the red bits go so well).

I can see where your coming from but I'll go with just the right side of tacky. ;)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2017, 08:21:00 pm »

I dunno, I quite like the red hoses? But then again I would have put the red engine bolt kit on too so maybe my taste leans more towards tacky haha
Also loving that seat.

Again I can see where your coming from but a carbon can might just tip it over the edge carbon wise, I've had Staintune cans for a few years they are top top quality sound superb without being offensive.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2017, 08:50:51 pm »

Also loving that seat.

Again I can see where your coming from but a carbon can might just tip it over the edge carbon wise, I've had Staintune cans for a few years they are top top quality sound superb without being offensive.

Yeah I can appreciate that and at the end of the day as long as your happy with it mate then it's perfect 👏👏

Disky

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • Driving Instructor Training
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2017, 10:18:17 pm »
That seat would just suit my arse perfectly :)

Lovely

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2017, 08:25:31 am »
A beautiful job there! :lol

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2017, 08:04:57 pm »

It looks really good to my eyes, I especially like the red wheels and caliper inserts. Good work!

How did you make the caliper inserts red?
is it clean enough?

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 March 2017, 08:58:29 pm »
loving the black fork tubes mate, is that just cosmetic or do they work better with less stiction?

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 March 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

It looks really good to my eyes, I especially like the red wheels and caliper inserts. Good work!

How did you make the caliper inserts red?

Taken out and anodized.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 March 2017, 09:06:29 pm »
loving the black fork tubes mate, is that just cosmetic or do they work better with less stiction?

It's called diamond hard coating.
Had to wait ages to get them done as the place that did them were busy doing F1 cars
« Last Edit: 08 March 2017, 09:10:41 pm by Mick-H »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2017, 09:11:52 pm »
Very nice, Mick  :thumbup

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 March 2017, 09:16:32 pm »
Sorry ...... diamond like coating.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 March 2017, 10:08:27 pm »
Stunning looking machine, I personally like the can that's on it.
Good job well done
, it looks light and sleek.
I had to go back and look at the caliper inserts as I did not notice them, nice touch, red hoses look great, but then I like those touches, Bling!   :sun   Bling! :thumbup
« Last Edit: 10 March 2017, 05:58:07 pm by tommyardin »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2017, 06:18:32 am »
Yes that sure is smart, well done :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2017, 08:46:56 am »
That seat would just suit my arse perfectly :)
Lovely

Done by Digger custom seats

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2017, 02:04:59 pm »
I'm liking that  :)  some really nice but subtle changes mixed with some bright ones , I'm a +1 for liking the hoses gives it a bit of bling , also liking the seat , I want a seat like that and all of them seem to come with piping and the fazer logo on in in bright colours ( sorry anyone who has one but I think they're tacky ).
But I have to ask the forks ?? I'm assuming mucho £££ as soon as you said F1 cars I saw ££ signs but me likey likey , what are the pillion hangars done in ? I'm slowly changing mine to black/carbon and the pillion hangars being polished metal really stand out on mine now.
Excellent transformation 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2017, 03:23:44 pm »

Fork stanchions were done by
http://www.reactivesuspension.com/services.php
Around 2 years ago, they also did the red anodizing on the callipers. Your right with the £££ + ££

Seat was done by
http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html
Sent him a standard seat and it came back spot on, wanted it black as I reckon it'd be easier to sell if I ever sell the bike.
I had a Corbin before this one but a well known seat customizer in Huddersfield made a mess of that one after I sent it to him to be lowered and recovered, cost me £80 for the privilege.

Rear foot pegs, wheels,  front forks and any other powder coating were done by
http://www.triple-s.co.uk/ 

Got the windowed cases from Luke who has someone he knows make them, the one in the pic is steamed up due to condensation, a good run and they clear up.

Carbon is from gbmoto ebay and a place in Germany, I'd say the German stuff is slightly better quality, but over the past 12 month their prices have gone through the roof.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fur-Yamaha-Fazer-FZS-1000-01-05-Carbon-Verkleidung-Kanzel-/182101125799?hash=item2a6612aaa7:g:wnYAAOSwKfVXGNB-

So now I have to either stick with 2 different types of carbon or take the plunge and buy some more gbmoto parts, we shall see.

Landed luck with an Ohlins shock on ebay, less than half price as new  :D

Luckily I have a very good mate who owns his own garage (Bolton Motorcycle Workshop) and comes up with a lot of the ideas and does the bits that I can't.
Which is most of it  :lol 
I get all the stuff sent there saves the Mrs finding out cause she'd kill me if she ever did.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2017, 07:56:40 pm »
I got carbon bits from GB moto , fairing infills , rad guards, air box covers and side panels and every piece had to be altered to fit properly, the rad guards were the worst and fairing infills were not a copy of original fittings, He offered me a discount on future purchase or part refund as they were so poor, I opted for the part refund.

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2017, 09:09:07 pm »
Seeing the comment about gb moto I've noticed the right hand fairing inner panel on mine has cracked around the mounting bolt near the tank, has anyone had any dealings with this company's products? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332118348018?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI332118348018.N36.S1.R5.TR7

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2017, 09:51:48 pm »

Fork stanchions were done by
http://www.reactivesuspension.com/services.php
Around 2 years ago, they also did the red anodizing on the callipers. Your right with the £££ + ££

Seat was done by
http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html
Sent him a standard seat and it came back spot on, wanted it black as I reckon it'd be easier to sell if I ever sell the bike.
I had a Corbin before this one but a well known seat customizer in Huddersfield made a mess of that one after I sent it to him to be lowered and recovered, cost me £80 for the privilege.

Rear foot pegs, wheels,  front forks and any other powder coating were done by
http://www.triple-s.co.uk/ 

Got the windowed cases from Luke who has someone he knows make them, the one in the pic is steamed up due to condensation, a good run and they clear up.

Carbon is from gbmoto ebay and a place in Germany, I'd say the German stuff is slightly better quality, but over the past 12 month their prices have gone through the roof.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fur-Yamaha-Fazer-FZS-1000-01-05-Carbon-Verkleidung-Kanzel-/182101125799?hash=item2a6612aaa7:g:wnYAAOSwKfVXGNB-

So now I have to either stick with 2 different types of carbon or take the plunge and buy some more gbmoto parts, we shall see.

Landed luck with an Ohlins shock on ebay, less than half price as new  :D

Luckily I have a very good mate who owns his own garage (Bolton Motorcycle Workshop) and comes up with a lot of the ideas and does the bits that I can't.
Which is most of it  :lol 
I get all the stuff sent there saves the Mrs finding out cause she'd kill me if she ever did.

Mick - I hope I have money in the bank if you ever decide to sell the bike. Knowing more about the bike and the bits now, I think it's my favourite Fazer 1000 ever (even with the red hoses 😀).
« Last Edit: 09 March 2017, 09:53:19 pm by Millietant »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 March 2017, 11:18:29 pm »
Seeing the comment about gb moto I've noticed the right hand fairing inner panel on mine has cracked around the mounting bolt near the tank, has anyone had any dealings with this company's products? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332118348018?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI332118348018.N36.S1.R5.TR7

No but for that money buy the GBmoto, the ones I had fitted but needed to dremel out a bit at the side that wasn't cut and one of the front fittings wasn't  there ( makes no diff ) see the photos the second one shows the bit that wasn't on mine but they still fit and my vibration buzzing has gone

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 March 2017, 11:31:10 pm »
Graham53 thanks for the photos, I've looked on the GB Moto website but couldn't see them listed so I presume they've stopped a lot of the Gen1 stuff.

Tatters

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2017, 02:12:30 pm »
 Looks cracking , I like the idea of moving the mirrors down to the bar ends . Where did you get the infill  to fill / hide the whole where the old stock mirrors went ?