Date: 16-04-24  Time: 16:32 pm

Author Topic: Clutch dragging when hot on a GEN 1 1000  (Read 503 times)

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
Clutch dragging when hot on a GEN 1 1000
« on: 31 March 2019, 12:15:43 pm »

Since i bought my second Fazer ive noticed that the clutch is not as reliable on the bite point as my last Gen 1. As the bike gets hot the bite point comes further and further towards the bar until (if im in traffic on a hot day) it no longer disengages, i can ride along with full drive with the clutch fully into the bar.

Now the last owner (on this site) told me that he had put in a clutch kit (EBC i think) with heavy duty springs. I have since been in touch and he has thrown the removed plates and springs away.

Ive been told two things.

1. Change the oil and filter, as the oil that's in it may be causing the issue. Im going to do this and see if it works before i move onto .........

2. Fit a new original clutch kit with springs, friction plates and steels. I got a price on this genuine kit yesterday and i'm looking at around £250+ for the kit, not including any labour or gaskets. I could do it myself, but if i get my local (very trustworthy) bike shop to do it,  and still doesnt work, i can take it back and they can fix it for free seeing as they told me that this would fix it.

The third option is to put an ad on here for a complete original clutch basket and fit the lot, or see if anyone has a good complete clutch kit with springs, frictions and steels.

Any advice please??