Date: 17-05-24  Time: 20:55 pm

Author Topic: Recommended Panniers...  (Read 2542 times)

Kermit

• Cager in Training
  • Rule 10
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Recommended Panniers...
« on: 17 March 2014, 10:19:07 pm »
Hi Guys and Girls.

Looking for some recommendations on some soft luggage.

Have been looking at some of the soft Givi panniers and the givi easylock tank bags. Not keen on having any framework, just want to be able to fix em on via the seat and bungees. Not too worried about size, as I have a yamaha 50L topbox already.

Any suggestions or reviews will be gratefully appreciated.

L&R
Kermit
Kermit

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Panniers...
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2014, 08:02:46 pm »
I've got older Oxford Lifetime panniers and they dont sit too well on the back to be honest due to the share of the rear panels and grab rails. Maybe it was because they were extended out, but the drooped down like spaniels ears. They did stay on though which over Romania's roads was an achievement. Maybe later versions (x60?) which look deeper would work better.

I think the Blaze panniers would do the trick, but I cant fit the metalwork as the adjusters for the Ohlins rear shock are in the way. http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/SW_Motech_BLAZE_Motorcycle_Pannier_Sets.html

Before I got the topbox I just strapped a 60l kit bag to the back seat. The straps go around the grab rails. A piece of plywood in the bottom of the bag acts as a solid base and it sits nicely on top of the grab rails. A bungy from the bag under the rear mudguard fittings stopped it sliding forward. Its a nice narrow solution for easy filtering and takes less time to put on than panniers.

« Last Edit: 18 March 2014, 08:05:17 pm by Phil »

Kermit

• Cager in Training
  • Rule 10
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2014, 11:54:16 am »
thanks Phil.

Have been looking at the oxford ones. Hopefully ill get some that fit the bike well.

Thanks
Kermit

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2014, 12:13:12 pm »
I have SW Motech Blaze saddlebags that have 'click on, click off' bag stays, stops the bags flopping in  :)

My shocks remote preload unit isn't in the way either.

« Last Edit: 19 March 2014, 12:19:41 pm by Mattsplat »

Kermit

• Cager in Training
  • Rule 10
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2014, 10:50:10 pm »
thanks guys, i bumped into a salesman from sw motech today, he said the blaze system was really popular.

Have you ever carried a pillion whilst using them? and where did you get yours?

thanks

Kermit