Date: 01-05-24  Time: 09:26 am

Author Topic: IVAN’s Dynamic TPS setting with 3 degree advancer.  (Read 1362 times)

Capt

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
IVAN’s Dynamic TPS setting with 3 degree advancer.
« on: 30 August 2012, 02:51:42 pm »

Having read many threads on setting the TPS 'Ivans dynamic way' with his full Monty fitted, I tried the same a few days back after fitting Holeshots 3 degree advancer.

I was surprised to find my fastest rpm was achieved with the TPS turned fully anti clockwise. Its initial static TPS position was approx ¾ clock wise with the tacho reading 5K as per normal TPS setting!

Dose this sound right with the advancer fitted?

It seams to start much better with no choke two days running, hope to get out on it tomorrow for seat of the pants test ride.

Just wondering if anyone has the same set up, what you found your TPS position to be set the ‘Ivans’ way?

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: IVAN’s Dynamic TPS setting with 3 degree advancer.
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2012, 09:23:33 pm »
i have the same set up (ivans, KnN, Blueflame can, 3deg advancer. plus a 2 tooth bigger rear sprox) but for the life of me i cant remember what method i used on the tps lol i know i did check it after a talk with mike on a thread a while back.

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2012, 09:54:06 am »
I was thinking of giving Mike's method a go. Hmmm, might do it tonight  :)
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Capt

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2012, 07:08:29 pm »
Well, after a test ride today finally got the sweet spot using the Ivans TPS method as originally explained, all the vibration I must have got used to has all gone.  It starts better, pulls better from lower down & even sounds better noticeably, I don't know what the tacho static reading will be, will check it next time I take the tank off, but well chuffed now.  I can't say if it's improved any in the upper rpm range, to be honest Im not bothered, how it feels now low down & in the mid range is much, much better.