Date: 08-05-24  Time: 02:28 am

Author Topic: The joys of being a learner!!!  (Read 3592 times)

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
  • Me and my fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
The joys of being a learner!!!
« on: 21 January 2013, 05:13:02 pm »
All thou i love my cg125 lola alot, i hate being stuck on l plates. Am counting the months till my birthday and my grandparents cough up the other half of my money so i can book my das. The best part of all this crap weather, i've got loads of study time for my theory test which i'm taking in febuary. Am so looking forward to rehoming a diserving fazer and introducing her to you all!!! :'( :'( :angel
My and my beloved fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!!!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: The joys of being a learner!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2013, 05:21:31 pm »
Greetings tourx4, and welcome. It seems like you have a good tast in machinery. Good luck with the das buddy, and even though she's only a 125, she's still your ride, and nothing to be ashamed of.

So.........

:useless

Show us your pride and joy matey. And when the fazer is-a-comin you can show us thatone too
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2013, 05:42:30 pm »
welcome and good luck with ur test. the fzs is an excellent bike to learn on. bit like a cb500 but 100 times better.400 if u get a litre :thumbup
« Last Edit: 21 January 2013, 05:45:02 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2013, 05:43:03 pm »
you only start once so try and enjoy it while it lasts!

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2013, 08:38:03 pm »
I remember commuting on a borrowed cb100, was drafting a lorry on some back roads and managed to build up enough speed for an overtake.

However, half way along the wind resistance had bled all the extra power and I started losing ground.

This happened 3 times before I finally got pissed off with the lorry driver laughing at me in his mirrors  :'( :rolleyes

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
I really really can't wait to rehome a diserving fazer, i really want a 03 fzs600 in either blue, silver or yellow. Then i would mod it slight for little me(lowering kit and seat, givi top box, good brakes, great st tyres, super bright headlight bulbs and the loudest horn known to bikerkind) and love her totaly and have a adventure every weekend!!!. Just got to pass my theory test and my das but i'm bloody determined as hell. Fazer and full bike licence you will be mine!!!! :thumbup

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2013, 11:03:35 pm »
Sounds like a great attitude to me bud. All the best with it!  8)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2013, 09:37:40 am »
hopefully you are over 24 now Tourx4 or you will have to get a restrictor fitted :(
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2013, 04:43:43 pm »
I'm the grand old age of 33 and still misbehaving :thumbup :lol :lol

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2013, 04:44:52 pm »
Just stick at, stay calm, be confident and you'll be fine when it comes to the tests.
Last July I had never been on a bike before, then did Theory, CBT on CG125, 2hr 1-2-1 training, then 3 days of DAS on CBF500. Passed the lot first time and bought myself a lovely Fazer 600 in blue in the September. Been commuting into London every day since - loving it. Never bothered getting my own 125 to practice on, so you've got way more road experience than I had back then, just don't get stuck into any bad habits and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2013, 06:14:35 pm »
Just stick at, stay calm, be confident and you'll be fine when it comes to the tests.
Last July I had never been on a bike before, then did Theory, CBT on CG125, 2hr 1-2-1 training, then 3 days of DAS on CBF500. Passed the lot first time and bought myself a lovely Fazer 600 in blue in the September. Been commuting into London every day since - loving it. Never bothered getting my own 125 to practice on, so you've got way more road experience than I had back then, just don't get stuck into any bad habits and I'm sure you'll be fine.

That is practically identical to what I did but a year before you. CBT on 1st of August then DAS and got my licence and Fazer in the September ^^

Buzz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2013, 10:25:52 am »

That is practically identical to what I did but a year before you. CBT on 1st of August then DAS and got my licence and Fazer in the September ^^

+1, CBT/DAS April '12, Passed first time, 03' 600 in May, just in time for summer.  Can't wait for the spring.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

Jazz999

• Weekend Warrior
  • Mellow Yellow!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2013, 11:54:14 am »

+1, CBT/DAS April '12, Passed first time, 03' 600 in May, just in time for summer.  Can't wait for the spring.

All sounds familiar lol - CBT july '11, DAS Aug '11 onto a 1979 GS550E then bought my fazer in October - New yrs resolution was to do a lot more miles than i did before xmas, so when this snow clears and my back heals i'll be out as much as possible!
Nothing Fazes a Foccer!

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2013, 02:48:47 pm »
Thanks so much everyone, it Means so much being able to finaly ride a 125 on l-plates. As i've got a rare heart problem and a pacemaker plus i've had alot of shit from some nasty bikers saying i shouldn't be even be riding. As for getting the dvla to cough up a medical provisional licence, well that took 2 years but here i am finaly and i can't wait to get my full licence and fazer!!!!!!.  :eek :eek :eek

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 February 2013, 02:13:34 pm »

All too familiar! I'd been delaying it for years (Parents disapproved..) but due to the law change, and me turning 21 in October, I did my DAS and was riding my FZS600 in early November!

Unfortunately now I'm off the bike due to a knee injury, the next few months are going to be very long.

All the best though TourX, I've been bitten by the bug now, and and am loving my Fazer, I bet you will too when you get around to it! Good luck with the test!
« Last Edit: 01 February 2013, 05:21:36 pm by Steve1rc »

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2013, 04:49:00 pm »
All too familiar! I'd been delaying it for years (Parents disapproved..) but due to the law change, I turned 21 in October, and had bought and was riding my FZS600 in early November!

Which law was it that prevented you from turning 21??? :eek

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 February 2013, 05:13:09 pm »
Feck, the nanny state really is getting ridiculous  :eek

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 February 2013, 05:20:29 pm »
All too familiar! I'd been delaying it for years (Parents disapproved..) but due to the law change, I turned 21 in October, and had bought and was riding my FZS600 in early November!

Which law was it that prevented you from turning 21??? :eek

Haha yeah, caught me by surprise too! Had to delay the party and everything!

I'll quickly rewrite that now  8)

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 February 2013, 04:36:07 pm »
Have finaly put up a pic of lola if anyone want to see her in her glory, she's the blue cg125!!!