Date: 20-05-24  Time: 07:53 am

Author Topic: Who gets out early on Sundays  (Read 4125 times)

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Who gets out early on Sundays
« on: 05 August 2012, 08:01:21 am »
I live 100 yds off the main road which is a major A road into Wales cominf from Worcester and the west midlands,,all day on a Saturday and Sunday i hear vvvrrrroooooommmm,vvvrrrooooommmm, the village center has a bypass,two lanes up the hill to. well it would be rude not too bash up it, and the bikers do,,lovely to listen to them coming over it, the road is 80 ft higher up the field from my house so we get the noise.

This morning,Sunday i took the dogs down the orchard andthe first bike went through at 7 oclock,hell he gets out early, cant blame him really as to the roads ahead of them are awesome,

i dont know if any of you have been into the Brecon beacons national park,cafe vans around the laybys,,lots of bikes all day,great mountains to see,huge open bends,,smooth tarmac,SHEEP, haha.

There sure is some great sounds go up our bypass,them twins booming are good too.

I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Who gets out early on Sundays
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2012, 09:03:47 am »
7 is a real fanatic !              ;)

Davidjw

• DAS Born Again
  • thought i would do it , so here I am !
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - push bike !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2012, 09:24:28 am »
Yep been known to do a breakfast run along the A44 to Crossgates and leave around 6:30 to 7 as roads still quiet   :)
its only me !   :-)

Janet

• DAS Born Again
  • Mad woman
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
    • Torque Monsters Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2012, 09:29:38 am »
7 is a real fanatic !              ;)
Errr ... I've been out at six sometimes in the past, though I'm not as good at getting up early as I used to be. Round our way the roads are already starting to get quite busy by eight or so, so unless you get up really early you only get half a ride before the traffic seriously limits your fun.

The attached photo was taken at the end of a breakfast run last Saturday ... at 7:58, so I think we must have been on the road by seven, if not earlier.

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2012, 10:27:23 am »
Well done there Janet,breakfast run  :eek

David, i often use the Crossgates cafe on the way to Aberwystwyth, a mecca on a Sunday, Promenade cafe, bikes along the seafront pavement.

I have just been into Leominster for a tub of greenfly spray, my Dahlias are getting them,messing the flowers up,,motorists flashing lighs denotes speed camera van on A44 Monkland,,they even put out signs to tell you they are there,nice policeman.

Nice morning for a ride,,now get ready to go to the Herefordshire country fair. Get the gun dog out ,see if there are any trails he can enter.

Good day :)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2012, 10:55:17 am »
Down your neck of the woods atm manuel32, unfortunately in the cage with my little girl. Have been drooling at the roads and going green with envy everytime I see a biker but with a 4 hour journey to home and such unpredictable weather I didn't think it fair to her to take the bike. Maybe next time. ;)

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2012, 12:24:31 pm »
Yep 12.30 and pissing down, :'(

I am off in the car too :lol

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2012, 04:29:28 pm »
This post has reminded me of my early days motorcycling bikers would meet up at the services on a Friday and Saturday night after the pubs closed, I would join them, drink coffee and chat till 3 / 4am then set off home. At that time the roads were all mine, you could make great progress.

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2012, 04:31:06 pm »
nice t shirt janet
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2012, 04:50:31 pm »
Janet, a Costa Coffee shop for a Latte and fancy biscuits for BREAKFAST????????
Call yourself a biker :lol

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2012, 07:14:45 am »
Takes me longer these days to "kickstart" the head & ageing body but a nice Sunday morning ride down to Worcester from south Bham over the Lickeys helps as does a couple mugs full strength Nescafe beforehand. Most of the guys I used to ride with have either hung up their helmets or are under standing orders from SWMBO! Manuel-Im jealous that you live closer to Wales than me-that A44 is one of the best kept secrets in biking IMO-even the place names get me going: Rhayader, Aberystwyth,Devils Bridge,...ah Biking Heaven! :D

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2012, 07:19:42 am »
Yes too true,,but there is alot more than that road,,amzing riding,,been down to Landovery,cafe on the corner,?   well thats a mecca ;)

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2012, 07:38:39 am »
that "vvvrrrrooooom" you here is probably me  :D  i live in Worcester & head out to Wales nearly every time i get on a bike.

I personally love riding early in the morning when theres sod all traffic around, even better when the sun is coming up and you know its going to be a nice day.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2012, 07:51:57 am »
Dont get into Wales so much these days-my partner lived in Swansea until she died 4 years ago so my time was divided between home & work(W.Mids) & weekends in mid & south/s.west Wales. Coming back from Ireland one time took A40 @ Carmarthen up valley floor to Llandeilo ,Llandovery,Brecon,Hereford-what a road! Other favourites:A483 Llandrindod Wells to Builth, then A470 to Talgarth & Abergavenny to bus station cafe. Also this side of the border:A465 Abergavenny to hereford-but watch out for kamikazi rabbits on the road early in the morning!
Hoping my sister may be moving to a little place nr Hay on Wye so will probably be keeping a smallish trail type bike down there for exploring local byways. Oh yes how about Brecon to Merthyr on the good old A470. Have travelled every mile of this road from Cardiff to Llandudno! Happy Days :lol

Buzz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2012, 09:25:21 am »
The missus and I are getting out of London and heading to Wales on Saturday, staying at a little farm near Brecon so I'll be experiencing the A470 first hand.  I've seen nowt but London roads since I got the bike in April so I can't wait to see some proper countryside on 2 wheels!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2012, 12:41:53 pm »
You wont be dissapointed Buzz ;)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2012, 12:58:17 pm »
I'm up at 0430 all week so the weekends are for ZZZzzzz. It is the best time to be out though.
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2012, 01:26:21 pm »
Sounds like you all run past my house- I live about 4 miles from Crossgates on the A488 towards Knighton

I take full advantage of the local roads whenever I can.

Last Friday we went from Crossgates across to Llandovery - the long way via the '44 forest bends and Builth - and then over towards Merthyr across to Neath on the A4089 and down to Ystradgynlais and then back over to Llandovery across the mountain road from Brynamman- if you have never ridden the A4068/4069 from there across to Llngadog and then turned right in the village and end up by the West End cafe in llandovery- you havent biked Wales!

headed for Lampeter, Abereiron and Aberystwyth sea front and home on the '44- 220 miles of pleasure (apart from the showers) Excellent day out  :D
59 going on 57

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2012, 05:30:29 pm »
|Dolau, we must meet, :evil

You are just off the Penybont common then,where the sheep lie in the middle of the road.

I took a mate down to west end cafe,stopped for tea then the road back up to Builth, he has not stopped raving about it since,lovelyroad.

PHILON FAZER,, if after you leave Leominster,you dont turn off to the A44 and keep going towards Brecon for 2 miles, there is Dilwyn, where i reside near the main road,just 5 miles from Leominster,kettles on,,man call by,,message me for details.OR ANY OF YOU WHO TRAVEL WEST FROM LEOMINSTER, always welcome.

When i get my bike back Dolau i will pop up for a spin!!!

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 August 2012, 09:30:01 pm »
Yep thats me- in the village of Dolau..... hence the login name... keeps it simple so I can remeber who I am  :rolleyes
59 going on 57

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 August 2012, 09:33:59 pm »
Come to think of it- we go out every fourth Friday so the next one will be 31st August leaving Crossgates around 9:30 am (not that early risers but some come from afar to ride with us)

Anyone welcome.... dont have to have a Fazer and no-one gets left behind- always stop at changes in direction

PM me if you want to turn up as we have other joining points depending upon which way we are going- probably next time heading for the Ponderosa and back through Bala and the coast road so could join at Welshpool or Ponderosa for a circuit route back to where you come from.

Usually around 5 bikes turn up and we dont ride like Sunday boy racers but we dont hang about either  ;)
59 going on 57

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2012, 08:24:29 am »
In my diary haha,, umberella packed :lol

tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2012, 11:13:15 am »
I live in Derbyshire, love to get out early before the tin tops and before the "accidnet reduction team" scratch thier collective asses and drag themselves to the now 50 limits. Love it..
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2012, 05:51:44 pm »
Since when do the words "early" and "Sunday" go together...?!

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2012, 06:21:23 pm »
Just come back from a week in Builth Wells, awesome countryside, unfortunately in the car not on bike but who knows there is always next year.