Date: 08-05-24  Time: 14:35 pm

Author Topic: new tracer 700  (Read 8043 times)

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
new tracer 700
« on: 20 April 2016, 08:29:27 pm »
what your opinion on these? mto7 same engine.
do they really get 65mpg?
I fancy getting one as it is the nearest thing to the Fazer
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: new tracer 700
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2016, 09:12:09 pm »
I havent looked into the differences between this & the MT07...the tracer only just started popping up on my media radar.....but my honest opinion at a quick glance is that how much different is it really.....not much it seems.....surely just buy the MT07 & get a decent fly screen for it?

It will be good because the MT07 is rated as good.

I dont think a low power twin can compete with an inline 4 such as the fazer either.......i have a low capacity twin & i love it & it astounds me how quickly i can pass a tractor in 2nd gear....instant shovel in the face grunt......but trying to pass a car at 60 is a bit more tricky & i think the 4's have the edge there.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2016, 06:40:42 am »
The differences between them are subtle but somehow it looks a lot nicer than the 09 Tracer.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2016, 09:50:27 am »
this the 900 there is a difference as far as looks go.

the 700 has more than power for me. going fast! those days are long gone.
I'm in no rush to get any where.if you need to go fast do it on a race track much safer. theres to many hard things on the roads these days.
to be honest its sad that every time I go for a ride I always see a bunch of flowers where a rider has lost his or her life. its not worth it.
yes I'm a slow rider and I have no need to wrap myself around the lamp post  or other.
I always ride two up just and my good lady and if I want to do a bit of spirited riding 80mph is good enough me.
I currently ride an NC700x dct and that is more than fast enough for me but the looks ...you either like it or you dont.
I'm not a great fan of its look but then I'm not looking at while riding it.lol
looking forward to seeing it in the flesh tracer700 that is.

some more piccy's

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/april/gallery-yamaha-tracer-700/
« Last Edit: 21 April 2016, 10:08:54 am by johnakay »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2016, 10:10:39 am »
I like  the look of both. Somehow though the 09 just beats the 07. Could just be the colour though.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2016, 05:22:17 pm »
9 is much nicer look for me.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2016, 05:36:01 pm »
Took it for a test ride. It's OK. As far as Fazer's spiritual successor - I'd go to new (with a good looking headlight) Kawasaki Versys. Proven engine, versatile, comfy for longer riding, but still decent for quicker riding.

Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2016, 06:28:10 pm »
I'm keeping well away from the versey.
I've ridden the old model and didn't like it.
bought a new ER6F I just could get away with it for some reason it didn't suit me at all.
as well as piss poor riding distance once I hit 140 miles I had to start looking for petrol station.
I want something that can go the distance. at least 200 miles per tankful.

dublet

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 April 2016, 11:42:32 pm »
Looks sweet and seems really good value. I'd definitely consider it if I was buying new.
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2016, 09:33:04 am »
Yes. It looks like it's a solid commuter built to a price point that will sell well and get a bit of a following.  :)  It's a real battle with the competition- Honda, Kawa & Suzy to see who comes up with the best bang for buck bike at the moment. I expect I'll pick one up 2nd hand
at some point in the future.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2016, 10:06:00 am »
this the 900 there is a difference as far as looks go.

the 700 has more than power for me. going fast! those days are long gone.
I'm in no rush to get any where.if you need to go fast do it on a race track much safer. theres to many hard things on the roads these days.
to be honest its sad that every time I go for a ride I always see a bunch of flowers where a rider has lost his or her life. its not worth it.
yes I'm a slow rider and I have no need to wrap myself around the lamp post  or other.
I always ride two up just and my good lady and if I want to do a bit of spirited riding 80mph is good enough me.
I currently ride an NC700x dct and that is more than fast enough for me but the looks ...you either like it or you dont.
I'm not a great fan of its look but then I'm not looking at while riding it.lol
looking forward to seeing it in the flesh tracer700 that is.

some more piccy's

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/april/gallery-yamaha-tracer-700/

Yeah I didn't like it when I first saw it, the line from the downpipes, past the indicator and up to the headlight is too straight. Makes it look like part of the fairing has been sawn off if you know what I mean, plus the headlight itself looks too small.
On the 07 that line is broken up a bit and the headlight housing is more pronounced. Looks great!

Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2016, 11:07:30 am »
700 Tracer looks nice definitely the best looking MT IMO  :thumbup

Having said that I really wish Yamaha to stop with this Transformer style designs. All this chunky lines look to me like DYI lego job seriously ugly  :'(

Hayabusa was the ugliest bike for years. Not anymore look at the new Kawasaki H2 and MT10.

Why they don't do MT 10 with existing Fazer fairing and look  :)
« Last Edit: 23 April 2016, 11:10:48 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2016, 06:29:39 pm »
the Fazer 600 (03) is my favourite of all my bikes.should have kept it :'(
so this new tracer 700 is the nearest I'm gonna get.
with most petrol station shut or gone I need a bike that is capable of doing 200 miles on a full tank with riding two up.
and this bike seem to fit the bill with having 17 ltrs which the old fazer had.
and more than fast enough for me.
if I do decide to go ahead and buy it next year I'll put a 1 or 2 tooth higher sprocket....
I did this to my old Fazer @ 70mph the rev's went lower by about 4 or 500 and an increase in mpg to.
also it didn't feel to revvy not for me anyway.
I rarely ride fast these days,got my wife on the back and too many hard things on the roads cars 'n' things not to mention bloody push bikers taking half the road up :eek  also we tend to ride on roads where not many bikers go on and rarely see speed scamera's!!
these buggers are always on the bikers favourite rout...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2016, 12:11:16 am »
with most petrol station shut or gone I need a bike that is capable of doing 200 miles on a full tank with riding two up.
if I do decide to go ahead and buy it next year I'll put a 1 or 2 tooth higher sprocket....
I did this to my old Fazer @ 70mph the rev's went lower by about 4 or 500 and an increase in mpg to.
I rarely ride fast these days,got my wife on the back and too many hard things on the roads cars 'n' things not to mention bloody push bikers taking half the road up :eek  also we tend to ride on roads where not many bikers go on and rarely see speed scamera's!!
Mate you are giving bikers a bad name we are SUPPOSED to be outlaws - a little bit edgy - out there - that kind of thing. :D

Seriously though do you think the 7 is going the be up to two up long distance stuff, just by looking at the seats - let alone the power and I have sat on one and it felt like a push bike, maybe great for 1-up flicking through some bends- but 2-up ? 
« Last Edit: 02 June 2016, 08:29:42 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2016, 07:04:55 am »
Wouldnt have thought the MT-07 would be the ideal 2-up touring bike. Although the power is adequate for sedate riding (75bhp) the size/position of seat & pegs is fine for solo use but a bit cramped with pillion. Owned one last year & occasionally took pillion short distance-more cramped than Fazer. Bit more room on the 09 Tracer.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2016, 05:37:49 pm »
I ride an NC700x dct and that only got 52 bhp and I find that ok two up.
also I use to own a Suzuki T500 two stroke  45 bhp and that was ok.
so having a 70 plus is fine for me.
everybody has their own opinion and quite rightly so on what they consider fast.
days are long gone of me tear arsing down the road at blistering speeds ;)
I dont want a wreath on the side of the road of me etc..
like I said theres way to many hard moving objects not to mention blind feckers coming out of the side road...

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2016, 10:47:40 pm »
That 700 Tracer looks like a stonking bit of kit. The boggo MT07 gets great reviews, so in a touring package with 200+ mile range and crossplane fire-order, Yamaha must be on to something.

I'd seriously consider that in the future.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2016, 09:38:19 am »
I ride an NC700x dct and that only got 52 bhp and I find that ok two up.

Many family cars that weigh 4-5 times what a bike weighs only have 100bhp and manage OK with 4 people and 44t trucks manage OK with 3-400bhp

its not HP that counts the most, it is the torque and the way that this is delivered.

Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2016, 01:15:19 pm »
torque is 50 just the same as the tracer and it comes in full around 6,000 revs.

The NC700 series is powered by a single [/size]overhead camshaft[/color][/size] 670 cc (41 cu in) [/color][/size]parallel-twin engine[/color][/size] that is tilted 62˚ forward to provide a low centre of gravity, with near uniform weight distribution.[/color][/size][12][/font][/size][/color][13][/font][/size][/color] The [/font][/color][/size]undersquare[/color][/size] engine has [/color][/size]programmed fuel injection[/color][/size], separate timing profiles for each cylinder,[/color][/size][14][/font][/size][/color][15][/font][/size][/color][16][/font][/size][/color] and is tuned to deliver powerful torque in the low- to mid-speed range.[/font][/color][/size][15][/font][/size][/color] The engine was designed to deliver a "pleasant throbbing feel" of a [/font][/color][/size]V-twin[/color][/size] through the use of a 270˚ crankshaft, which Honda "deliberately designed with a uniaxial primary balancer" even though the primary vibration of the crankshaft could have been balanced perfectly using a biaxial balance shaft.[/color][/size][17][/font][/size][/color][18][/font][/size][/color] The fuel consumption figure of 3.58 L/100 km (79 mpg[/font][/color][/size]-imp[/size][/color]; 65.7 mpg[/font][/color][/size]-US[/size][/color]) has been attributed to the low number of moving parts in the engine – the oil pump is driven by the balance shaft, while the camshaft also drives the water pump.[/font][/color][/size][17][/font][/size][/color] The design also resulted in water hoses that were 30% shorter.[/font][/color][/size][12][/font][/size][/color] The pistons are resin-coated and lightweight aluminum material is used for the friction-reducing roller rocker arm[/font][/color]

positron

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2016, 09:24:33 am »
I was waiting for Tesla (or someone else) to make a decent yet affordable electric bike to be my first ever new bike.. but this Tracer 700 is very tempting.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2016, 10:34:55 pm »

Don't really rate the MT07 to be honest - I regularly dust one once inside London.

I rag the arse out of mine and regularly get 58mpg, run to 180 miles and fill with about 14.5 litres. Newer bikes seem to be getting smaller with the tanks so I'd go with another Foxeye. Are the published mpg figures as accurate as we are lead to believe - seriously doubt it.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 May 2016, 06:57:21 pm »
never mind the mpg. I don't like that. :evil
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)