Date: 07-05-24  Time: 13:04 pm

Author Topic: 2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.  (Read 12873 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.
« Reply #50 on: 28 June 2014, 12:00:23 pm »
Fair enough mate, it's for you to decide at the end of the day. It's true you don't really need all that power a thou gives you, and much is to be made of a light, nimble bike, so given that apart from a once a year trip to Scotland you don't do high mileage trips regularly, smaller could well be what you need.

So, remind me why you wanted shot of the 600?  :eek    :'(    :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 June 2014, 01:25:29 pm »
Fair enough mate, it's for you to decide at the end of the day. It's true you don't really need all that power a thou gives you, and much is to be made of a light, nimble bike, so given that apart from a once a year trip to Scotland you don't do high mileage trips regularly, smaller could well be what you need.

So, remind me why you wanted shot of the 600?  :eek    :'(    :lol

Ha ha......well.....i wanted better handling funny enough....the power wasn't an issue....what did i end up with.....something heavy, powerful and with shall we say complicated handling :rolleyes .....a sucker for a good deal...i couldnt resist it......ive just been out again and wasted another tank of fuel.....the front is fine....back end again just far too hard....it jars my back....so im gonna order a preload tool from nitron and that is my last chance at softening it up really.......it is staying in the shed until i get one......my 600 only has preload adjustment on the rear and ive cranked it up before and it gave similar rigidity so fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: 28 June 2014, 01:30:10 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 June 2014, 02:25:11 pm »
Could. It be a stock shock would suit you better ..never had no issues with my OE one, perfect for me. Gotta agree with nick though, if it really ain't for you then it ain't bud, you've certainly given it a shot, that's more miles than some blokes I know do all year..

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 June 2014, 03:29:42 pm »
Could. It be a stock shock would suit you better ..never had no issues with my OE one, perfect for me. Gotta agree with nick though, if it really ain't for you then it ain't bud, you've certainly given it a shot, that's more miles than some blokes I know do all year..

Cheers Ogri....you know i really don't wanna come across as ungrateful about it all or start slagging off FZ1's....i can see where it is supposed to be....on fast and swooping and perfectly surfaced roads it really shines and is a thrill to have banked over....but you know what i just got this gut feeling that even if i sort out the rear shock then the bike is still gonna be a tad uncomfy for me......if everything else was just perfect for me then i wouldn't mind a little outlay to get a company set it up but i fear that ill just spend money to be going down the same road a couple o months later.....so i can cut my losses on the £500 plus the tax i just bought & run rather than spending more and more money.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 June 2014, 03:37:34 pm »

i can see where it is supposed to be....on fast and swooping and perfectly surfaced roads it really shines and is a thrill to have banked over

Hmmm, where does that remind me of.......where is it you live?  :pokefun

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 June 2014, 07:06:11 pm »
I have a few things going on in my head here, in no particular order:

I love the look of your bike, I am tempted as I do mostly motorway commuting and maybe a thou would've been a better choice for me over my 600, purely for the acceleration.

Have you test rode any other FZ1S's? Do you know whether it's that particular bike or just that model you don't gel with, i.e. would the things that put you off also mean it would be a bad decision for me, given I've been riding just over a year?

How is the riding position compared to your 600? The only thing wrong with mine is that my legs get a bit cramped after an hour or so with the balls of my feet on the pegs. I'll be looking for something with a bit more legroom, which is why I'm considering an MT-09 as well. I wasn't even considering an FZ1S until I saw this, it's gorgeous!

And, if it looks like this would be a good bike for me, would you be interested in a part-ex with my 52 plate 600, with say £1500ish your way? I'll give plenty more details if you want a bike this summer.

However, if you get £3k for your bike (I see no reason that won't happen), a £3k deposit at a Yamaha dealer will get you an MT-07 for £73 per month on finance, for only £320.64 on top of the list price. So no need to go without a bike this summer at all.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 June 2014, 07:34:26 pm »

Hey Mr Self Destruct...a kind offer and also some more interesting facts there mate...what you say is a good point....especially about the finance......ok ill fess up...theres a couple more things going on behind the scenes......my long term job security is currently in doubt....all rumours at present but cuts will be made boo hoo.....so seriously speaking the word on the street is that my job "should" be ok.......but it has been enough to make me feel guilty about forking out 3.5k on a bike just before i found out..........so you see if i sell the bike the money will be in my paypal account...it will be either for a new bike next year when security has been confirmed........or it will be going on bills or retraining to get another job......but at least ill have the money......id hate to be in the sitution of franticly trying to sell all my stuff when i had a good warning........it is also why i am reluctant to spend any more money on non essentials.....ok a bit of fuel cant be grudged can it for a day of fun.....but at the moment it is zero takeaways or luxuries.

But for the above reason i also cant sign ip to more finance & id rather have the money than a trade in.

To top it off my missus isn't working plus she is pregnant....I'm delighted about that , well they say there's never a perfect time don't they but it is yet another reason to not be selfish and make sure i have dosh in the bank should the worst happen.

None of that changes my opinion so far about my thou but it does stop me modding it to get it right for me and that's just tough shit really......if i had the choice i would get that shock out and sent to Nitron for a refurb and set up to my exact spec....then id swap the bars for some nice Gold Renthal bars.....that's about it really...it has mostly all the cosmetic stuff id ever want......ok so ill bring the yokes back up to the top of the forks coz i need more clearance plus my nuts are getting squashed by always sliding forward onto the tank..........the rear sets look the business but id prob get them flogged and changed for some lower pegs........& Mr Self Destruct......i'd love to sell you this bike but i wont kid you on if you are cramped on the 600 it will be worse on this thou.......the rear sets and the position of the bars make for an uncomfortable ride for me..........not exactly selling it am i........it will no doubt sell to someone who already knows what they are all about i think or someone who is willing to do the couple of small mods to get it right.

mark

• DAS Born Again
  • do 1 thing a day that scares you
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 & triumph tiger 885i
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 June 2014, 07:44:26 pm »
And the salesman of the year goes to noggythenog  :rollin

No one could ever say u wasn't truthful mate

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28 June 2014, 08:13:54 pm »
Mr nog i see your more and more talking yourself out of the ownership of this bike as the underlieing reasons surface - seems i spent a good hour trying to find answers to ya stiff rear end on the yank site

if your heart is not init then you have two options cut your loss and sell give yourself the secuirity of money if job goes or she has quads :eek

option 2 stick it in the garage take a time out to refocus and revisit it
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28 June 2014, 08:15:19 pm »
And the salesman of the year goes to noggythenog  :rollin

No one could ever say u wasn't truthful mate

Aye mate :lol

But there's nowt worse than bullshitters and liars and this site sees its fair share of them over the years so i try to shift over to what the site should be....helpful & honest.....& obviously i've got a bit o stick for selling it now but i dont mind because i know the guys are being honest themselves & tryin to look out for me a bit......but theres no saving some folk :b ......[size=78%]at 3k & maybe a couple hundred quid to sort it out then im sure it will be a good bike for somebody.[/size]

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 28 June 2014, 08:20:32 pm »
Mr nog i see your more and more talking yourself out of the ownership of this bike as the underlieing reasons surface - seems i spent a good hour trying to find answers to ya stiff rear end on the yank site

if your heart is not init then you have two options cut your loss and sell give yourself the secuirity of money if job goes or she has quads :eek

option 2 stick it in the garage take a time out to refocus and revisit it

Oh cheers Devilsyam....im still up for any info though......i mean i could be stuck with it anyway in which case i need it to be the best it can get.

I sent an email to nitron today as they were out the office..i sent them the symptoms and described how it felt and asked about the rebound adjustor so if they can give me a ball park figure of what this shock should or shouldnt be then that might help......plus ill order a preload c spanner off them......there's a maximum of 3 threads left on the screw above the preload ring adjustor....i dont know how much of a turn each click will take but i am hopeful that a simple bit of preload adjustment could make a big difference.

Edit:-actually whats goin on.......how you type so much........has your wife hacked your account :lol
« Last Edit: 28 June 2014, 08:26:34 pm by noggythenog »

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28 June 2014, 08:26:26 pm »
Wow noggy, it probably just wasn't meant to be for either of us then!  :lol

Hey Mr Self Destruct...a kind offer and also some more interesting facts there mate...what you say is a good point....especially about the finance......ok ill fess up...theres a couple more things going on behind the scenes......my long term job security is currently in doubt....all rumours at present but cuts will be made boo hoo.....so seriously speaking the word on the street is that my job "should" be ok.......but it has been enough to make me feel guilty about forking out 3.5k on a bike just before i found out..........so you see if i sell the bike the money will be in my paypal account...it will be either for a new bike next year when security has been confirmed........or it will be going on bills or retraining to get another job......but at least ill have the money......id hate to be in the sitution of franticly trying to sell all my stuff when i had a good warning........it is also why i am reluctant to spend any more money on non essentials.....ok a bit of fuel cant be grudged can it for a day of fun.....but at the moment it is zero takeaways or luxuries.

But for the above reason i also cant sign ip to more finance & id rather have the money than a trade in.

I sympathise with you mate, I've been there myself. Got put on short time and sold everything except my bed to keep the house. It's a horrible situation to be in so you're doing the right thing. Just not yet.  ;) At the price you're asking you'll sell easily, so for my two penneth keep it until you need to sell. And FYI I put £3k deposit in on the finance website here:
http://www.yamahafinance.co.uk/motorbikes/mt/mt-07/?vo=3421
You'll probably get a lot less if you offered it as a p/x anyway but sell it straight for £3k and you can put that down cash.

To top it off my missus isn't working plus she is pregnant....I'm delighted about that , well they say there's never a perfect time don't they but it is yet another reason to not be selfish and make sure i have dosh in the bank should the worst happen.

You too eh? Congratulations! Talking of not the perfect time, I bought my Fazer in June last year and ever since have been saving up to buy a brand new bike. Specifically an MT-09. I worked loads of overtime (65 hour weeks for 9 months!) and it took me until February to save enough cash. The very week I hit the magic £7k my wife told me she was pregnant. I was equally delighted and gutted!  :'( Now I can't justify blowing it on a bike.

None of that changes my opinion so far about my thou but it does stop me modding it to get it right for me and that's just tough shit really......if i had the choice i would get that shock out and sent to Nitron for a refurb and set up to my exact spec....then id swap the bars for some nice Gold Renthal bars.....that's about it really...it has mostly all the cosmetic stuff id ever want......ok so ill bring the yokes back up to the top of the forks coz i need more clearance plus my nuts are getting squashed by always sliding forward onto the tank..........the rear sets look the business but id prob get them flogged and changed for some lower pegs........& Mr Self Destruct......i'd love to sell you this bike but i wont kid you on if you are cramped on the 600 it will be worse on this thou.......the rear sets and the position of the bars make for an uncomfortable ride for me..........not exactly selling it am i........it will no doubt sell to someone who already knows what they are all about i think or someone who is willing to do the couple of small mods to get it right.

Well it seems like an FZ1S isn't for me after all then. Thanks for your honest opinion, it's refreshing to read something like that.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the very best of luck with it.  :)
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28 June 2014, 08:35:48 pm »

I think one of these more suits my riding abilities right now.

My missus been looking at them all day while I've been looking at bikes

They are £3k

Oh foc!!!!!! :eek

mark

• DAS Born Again
  • do 1 thing a day that scares you
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 & triumph tiger 885i
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28 June 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

I think one of these more suits my riding abilities right now.

My missus been looking at them all day while I've been looking at bikes

They are £3k

Oh foc!!!!!! :eek

Shit does it come with a free baby  :rolleyes :eek

gerry123

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28 June 2014, 11:51:13 pm »
Hi Noggy I have a FZ6 naked with new mot tax alarm crash bobbins great bike fully serviced if you fancy a swap

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29 June 2014, 06:29:53 am »
Congratulations, noggy to you & your good lady!
Now your recent posts begin to make sense!
Just a few thoughts.......
If you decide to sell FZ1 why spend any more money on "sorting" rear suspension?
Sell privately if possible.
Before buying another bike get an extended test ride.
Why the MT07?.........74bhp....your noggyfighter is 95!
If your in the market for this style of bike-think about the MT09.....more power than an FZS 600/FZ6 but light and nimble...theyre will be a few ex-demonstator/low mileage one owner 2nd hand ones around in a year or so @ reasonable prices.
PCP is not as good for the customer as many people think!
Dont feel bad that you & the FZ1 didnt gel-at least you gave it a try.
Theres so much choice of bikes....sizes,geometry,power development and its "horses for courses".
Whatever you decide-good luck!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29 June 2014, 06:37:25 am »
"Shit comes with a free baby" :eek

you mean "a baby comes with free SHIT " :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nice one Mr Noggy,,,

Do you know the father ?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29 June 2014, 09:10:39 am »
Nice one Mr Noggy,,,

Do you know the father ?

:rollin

Subtle as a brick   :rollin

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 June 2014, 10:05:03 am »
Hi Noggy I have a FZ6 naked with new mot tax alarm crash bobbins great bike fully serviced if you fancy a swap

I must politely decline Gerry although worth an ask.......very capable bikes those FZ6....as I've been shown......but they just don't float my boat......some of the series 2 models look pretty nice......good luck with the swap.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 June 2014, 10:19:32 am »
Congratulations, noggy to you & your good lady!
Now your recent posts begin to make sense!
Just a few thoughts.......
If you decide to sell FZ1 why spend any more money on "sorting" rear suspension?
Sell privately if possible.
Before buying another bike get an extended test ride.
Why the MT07?.........74bhp....your noggyfighter is 95!
If your in the market for this style of bike-think about the MT09.....more power than an FZS 600/FZ6 but light and nimble...theyre will be a few ex-demonstator/low mileage one owner 2nd hand ones around in a year or so @ reasonable prices.
PCP is not as good for the customer as many people think!
Dont feel bad that you & the FZ1 didnt gel-at least you gave it a try.
Theres so much choice of bikes....sizes,geometry,power development and its "horses for courses".
Whatever you decide-good luck!

Cheers Dave

Fingers crossed the mighty C spanner does something for me.

& yes a decent test ride is in order....i dived right in with the FZ.

I always had the MT09 on my list but what attracts me to the MT07 is that it is the most like the original fazer......of modern times anyway....not saying they are that simillar but have similar aims ie low price, basic, cheap to run, light and nimble & fun..........plus a chance for folk with 'normal' buying power to own a new bike and having a bike from new or nearly new is something i strive for as i will finally know its history and treat it right from the start.....but equally if an MT09 nearly comes along at the right price then i would prefer one.....they look a bit more trick......i've just learnt that big power differences on bikes don't equate to that much difference on the roads........only really on the overtakes......every other situation then i think that low power and low weight triumph........if someone is backing off on their thou at 90moh for a corner then what's the point in being able to do more than 90 if you only ride on twisty roads....and a small capacity bike will still easily get up to 90mph........the little fazer all to easily gets up to the tonne......i honestly have only ever rarely exceded these speeds on the longest and most open corners.......it is a true rarity....& naughty :evil

Where the thou is good is the gears....you can stay in 6th in corners and still get drive and you dont need to go down the box to overtake either.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2014, 10:30:43 am by noggythenog »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29 June 2014, 04:44:34 pm »
Nogster. Firstly, congrats, being a dad rocks..secondly...I'm a father of two, a grandfather of four. My kids are all grown up( sons 36, daughters 25) and the one thing for certain in all this debate is this..if you lose your bikes now once the nipper is here it will be approx ten years before you get another. There will always be something to take priority once you've got a littlun. If you actually worked out how much it realistically costs to bring up a kid it would astound you. Once you've got the baby, unless your wealthy which none of us are, you won't be getting a bike again for a lonnnnnnnnng time...Trust me on this..but, if you already have a bike, whether it's your 3 grand fz1 or a ratty old five hundred quid 600, you've got it, you can keep it, no matter how many arrive over the years from "noggys rod of plenty". ( once wimmin start having em they tend to want more...)
Keep the faith my friend... ;)
« Last Edit: 29 June 2014, 04:46:39 pm by ogri48 »

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29 June 2014, 05:25:30 pm »
 I'm in the same boat as  ogri48

I'm in the same boat as ogri48 (kids gone etc.)  the man is dead right in what he was saying , you have a cracking bike, sell it and you'll regret it .

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 29 June 2014, 06:00:42 pm »
Nogster. Firstly, congrats, being a dad rocks..secondly...I'm a father of two, a grandfather of four. My kids are all grown up( sons 36, daughters 25) and the one thing for certain in all this debate is this..if you lose your bikes now once the nipper is here it will be approx ten years before you get another. There will always be something to take priority once you've got a littlun. If you actually worked out how much it realistically costs to bring up a kid it would astound you. Once you've got the baby, unless your wealthy which none of us are, you won't be getting a bike again for a lonnnnnnnnng time...Trust me on this..but, if you already have a bike, whether it's your 3 grand fz1 or a ratty old five hundred quid 600, you've got it, you can keep it, no matter how many arrive over the years from "noggys rod of plenty". ( once wimmin start having em they tend to want more...)
Keep the faith my friend... ;)

True dat!

gerry123

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 29 June 2014, 07:14:39 pm »
no worries fella thanks for replying and good luck pops  :D

I must politely decline Gerry although worth an ask.......very capable bikes those FZ6....as I've been shown......but they just don't float my boat......some of the series 2 models look pretty nice......good luck with the swap.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 29 June 2014, 08:19:10 pm »
hey Noggy !!!!!

I know you put your bike up for sale on here ,,yeh,, that's ok.....

butttt .....

did you ask for any advice ? :lol :lol :lol :lol ,, can't remember :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.