Date: 30-04-24  Time: 09:36 am

Author Topic: Third times the charm?  (Read 8489 times)

wickedmonkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Third times the charm?
« Reply #25 on: 20 January 2014, 11:40:54 am »
Yes, red seat may be too much. Very 80s!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 January 2014, 01:40:42 pm »
And here with the grap rail

I think that looks pretty good. Maybe do the fender extender red too to give you a bit of red at the front

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 January 2014, 03:03:00 pm »
Keep the frame that way, definitely not worth the hassle stripping the bike down again.

Whenever I do anything to my bike, I aim to make it look like something that could have come out the factory that way.

The red frame looks good to me and I think it has potential to look fantastic. Don't like the red torque arm though, I think black would be better. I think a few red accents here and there would have a better overall effect. The red decals look nice, a black seat with red piping would look really good I reckon. Not a huge fan of rim tape generally but red rim tape might do the trick here, tis cheap to do which is a bonus. Wouldn't overdo the red now - the red frame is the statement piece - you just want a bit of red here and there to compliment it, and make the bike cohesive as it were.

« Last Edit: 20 January 2014, 03:04:26 pm by Fuzzy »

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 January 2014, 03:20:56 pm »
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachments/hypermotard/33921d1215053761-black-body-red-frame-img_8131.jpg

I think this black hypermotard is making it's red frame work and notice how little red there is apart from the frame. However, the little red details add up and I think the red Ducati logo and rim tape alone go a long to create a pleasing effect.

Don't overdo it because it's not easy to get right!

wickedmonkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 January 2014, 04:20:28 pm »
I'm with fuzzy on this. A few red touches including rims and it'll look fine.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 January 2014, 04:55:26 pm »
+1 on the Red Rim Tape - should offset everything nicely

Not keen on the red seat, but as suggested, black seat with red piping would probably work quite well :)

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 January 2014, 05:41:25 pm »
Keep the frame that way, definitely not worth the hassle stripping the bike down again.

Whenever I do anything to my bike, I aim to make it look like something that could have come out the factory that way.

The red frame looks good to me and I think it has potential to look fantastic. Don't like the red torque arm though, I think black would be better. I think a few red accents here and there would have a better overall effect. The red decals look nice, a black seat with red piping would look really good I reckon. Not a huge fan of rim tape generally but red rim tape might do the trick here, tis cheap to do which is a bonus. Wouldn't overdo the red now - the red frame is the statement piece - you just want a bit of red here and there to compliment it, and make the bike cohesive as it were.

Agree with all your comments Fuzzy. Keep the red as accents, not loads of it, in yer face! The thing that stands out to me is the blue spot callipers. The blue needs to be gone. Don't they come in silver spot too? I think silver would work. Failing that black.
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

Paul Kent

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 January 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
Red rim tape and change the colour of the blue spots and i think its done

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 January 2014, 08:27:04 pm »
Thanks for all the replies guys, the red rim tape is probably the way to go, will keep yas updated

Oh got the headlight mod done today... 10min job, bought pre-wired 3pin light plug from halfords, €4. Straight connectors on all and done and dusted

Well chuffed with extra bit of light!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 January 2014, 09:19:08 pm »
I put an in-line fuse in mine so I can whip it out once a year to convert back to normal for the MOT
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 January 2014, 09:23:00 pm »
I put an in-line fuse in mine so I can whip it out once a year to convert back to normal for the MOT

I've never removed anything for an MOT, always passed.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 January 2014, 10:04:06 pm »
Yeh I know that is mostly the case, but thats just me wot im like. Its all about the beam angle/spread on diped not being right with both sides on- thats if they shine it on a wall chart

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 January 2014, 10:22:47 pm »
Yeh I know that is mostly the case, but thats just me wot im like. Its all about the beam angle/spread on diped not being right with both sides on- thats if they shine it on a wall chart

You can do that yourself, the trick is adjusting it at night against a flat wall, as the beam's a bit ropey it's obviously much easier to make out.

wickedmonkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 January 2014, 08:20:20 am »
Is that the dual dipped headlight mod?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 January 2014, 08:52:47 am »
Is that the dual dipped headlight mod?

As in having two lights on instead of just the one.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 January 2014, 10:08:34 am »
That's the 1, easy, just that and to top pin goes to the green wire coming from the left handlebar in the blue connector in the box under the tank, that's basically it, green wire does nothing there. Look at it next time Ur under the tank, 6 wires go to the connection and 5 leave it,

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 January 2014, 10:31:59 am »
The thing that stands out to me is the blue spot callipers. The blue needs to be gone. Don't they come in silver spot too? I think silver would work. Failing that black.

Get your blue spots adonised using this tool to remove them  :)
http://www.billetbikebits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=82

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 January 2014, 11:34:41 am »
Its been so long about 8 years since I did the mod from the old forum ive forgotten how it was - is it that out of the factory to the uk both sides have a dual filament bulb and on diped, only one filament on one bulb is used. And was it that the other diped filament was never used, and then on full beam was it both sides full filament was used.
And is it that the factory lit one was the nearside so it lit the kerb on the left which meant that when you wired the other side (driver side if a car) it would point to the right as if in europe, meaning that it was now in the face of the on comming trafic. Ergo the need to fit an inline fuse which is a bayonet spring load so you can whip it out to correct your beam for the MOT

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21 January 2014, 12:52:42 pm »
Its been so long about 8 years since I did the mod from the old forum ive forgotten how it was - is it that out of the factory to the uk both sides have a dual filament bulb and on diped, only one filament on one bulb is used. And was it that the other diped filament was never used, and then on full beam was it both sides full filament was used.
And is it that the factory lit one was the nearside so it lit the kerb on the left which meant that when you wired the other side (driver side if a car) it would point to the right as if in europe, meaning that it was now in the face of the on comming trafic. Ergo the need to fit an inline fuse which is a bayonet spring load so you can whip it out to correct your beam for the MOT

What?  :lol

H1 was main beam dipped.
H4 only used the high beam.
With the mod they are both on low beam, with the high beam still there if needed.
But you should know all this if  you've had it done?

If anything is pointing the wrong way then it's either adjusted wrong or you have the Euro light unit.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Third times the charm?
« Reply #44 on: 21 January 2014, 01:15:15 pm »
Eh? Haven't a clue, it works, better light, anyway don't mind if it's point wrong way, traffic will see me better, anyway no mot for bikes in Ireland... Whay!!!!!!

No inline fuses needed, can do if u want but not nessisary.

Darrsi, think u explained this fuse thing before in some other thread

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 21 January 2014, 01:28:14 pm »
Eh? Haven't a clue, it works, better light, anyway don't mind if it's point wrong way, traffic will see me better, anyway no mot for bikes in Ireland... Whay!!!!!!

No inline fuses needed, can do if u want but not nessisary.

Darrsi, think u explained this fuse thing before in some other thread

Did i ?
Was a while ago now.  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 January 2014, 01:30:55 pm »
H1 was main beam dipped.
H4 only used the high beam.
With the mod they are both on low beam, with the high beam still there if needed.
But you should know all this if  you've had it done?

If anything is pointing the wrong way then it's either adjusted wrong or you have the Euro light unit.
    Told you its been so long ive forgot what was what, I took it that the standard fairing out of the factory would be nearside point to the left kerb side for the uk and the bulb on the right off. But this light (right hand one) is fitted for left hand drive countries which for them would be wired on and point to their kerb. So that when we wire it to be on- it is then pointing at our UK on comming traffic, so that was the forum mod to fit an in-line fuse to quickly convert back to factory speck for the mot beam angle test. 
« Last Edit: 21 January 2014, 01:32:44 pm by fazersharp »

redthunder

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 January 2014, 03:48:45 pm »
I'm a bit late to the party but here is what I would do with it.

Spray the forks black and give the downpipes a rub and coat of black paint (high temp resistant, so a bbq paint would do it)

Some red rim tape on that would look the job!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 January 2014, 04:14:39 pm »
No, no, no, no........please stop, it just looks wrong.
Sorry reillypadraig but you and me both know it doesn't quite work does it, no matter how much people try and sugar coat it (no pun intended).

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 January 2014, 05:08:17 pm »
I kind of like the red because its different :) .. Avoid the temptation paint over it black with rattle cans as wont be long before every little chip n scratch will be highlighted with the powdercoated red underneath..  :\
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it..