Date: 21-05-24  Time: 02:30 am

Author Topic: Ivans Slip On Ugrade to Full Monty  (Read 1528 times)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Ivans Slip On Ugrade to Full Monty
« on: 24 October 2013, 09:50:50 am »
Any fellow foccer out there upgraded from Ivan's Slip On version to the Full Monty......besides the cost was there a noticeable difference.....I'm getting 134bhp at the back wheel at the moment and Mike recons it will increase by 4 or 5........but will it be worth it.....any experience and comments on the upgrade is welcome.....and I'm down a tooth on front sprocket which really did make a noticeable difference.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2013, 09:52:43 am by bigbluebear »

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Ivans Slip On Ugrade to Full Monty
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2013, 11:35:14 am »
I had mine upgrade when mike did his first or second trip doing the full monty. Yes you will notice the difference,it is smoother, revs faster and harder and makes more power, what more could you want  :D

I was working away so my dad (in his early 70's at the time) took the bike down (to Old Son's IIRC) and even he commented on how much nicer the bike was to ride.

I changed from a Quill T3 to an Akrapovic and added a 4 degree advancer, I didn't gain as much at the top end but even more in the midrange.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2013, 10:41:03 am »
I have owned 3 fazer thou's. the one i still have has the full monty ;)  The difference between the slip on and full monty is the engine feels that it's quicker revving, stronger in the midrange and a slight increase on full throttle. The engine just feels better from tickover to redline. I would definitely upgrade. :)  Ps.. how did you get round your speedo readings with the sprocket change?
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2013, 10:55:36 am »
I have owned 3 fazer thou's. the one i still have has the full monty ;)  The difference between the slip on and full monty is the engine feels that it's quicker revving, stronger in the midrange and a slight increase on full throttle. The engine just feels better from tickover to redline. I would definitely upgrade. :)  Ps.. how did you get round your speedo readings with the sprocket change?

Howdo Nick......did you have a slip on version........I have a speedo healer on the bike but don't know how accurate it is

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2013, 08:53:28 pm »
I have owned a standard one a slip on kit one and the full monty one. I had the slip on one and the full monty one at the same time, so i could tell the difference between them.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.