Date: 22-05-24  Time: 17:05 pm

Author Topic: FOR SALE - 1993 Honda Fireblade 978cc 135bhp Castrol colours  (Read 2912 times)

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
I have just put this on MCN site but not showing yet so thought I would mention it here too.
This bike has been my pride & joy for the last 3 years but since owning the Fazer I'm finding it a bit too "focused" for my needs. I will try to keep this as short as possible but there's a lot to tell about it.
 I have receipts for engine work done by TTS in Silverstone for the sum of £2350.00! The work included new main bearing shells (bike had only done 10K at the time), bigger pistons, K&N filter, Dynojet kit, gas flowed head & 2 exhaust systems. The system fitted is an Akrapovic stainless 4-1 with a shortened carbon end can. I have dyno print out from TTS showing 135bhp at the wheel & 75ft-lbs of torque. It pulls fine at low revs but I would still describe the power delivery as being a bit "all or nothing" compared with the Fazer. The exhaust note needs to be heard in order to fully appreciate it.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
 Bike has now done 34K. It would appear that I have done roughly 8K of those. I have every previous mot certificate to back up mileage. Just put 12 months tax & mot on it last week. I was going to use this & the Fazer this year but can't justify the expense & time required to keep 2 bikes on the road so this one has to go. Not one for getting attached to bikes usually but this has been a really tough decision for me.  :'(
PhotobucketPhotobucket

It has a Veto + alarm/immobiliser fitted & I have 2 key fobs, both with new batteries. Other extras include crash bungs, carbon frame protectors (rare as hens teeth & probably more expensive!), tinted screen, braided brake hose front & rear, uprated fork springs & mini indicators with white lenses to match the bike. I have recently (last week) stripped, cleaned & balanced the carbs. The bike now runs better than it ever has since I have owned it. Oil & filter was changed last year, I have done less than 200 miles since. plugs were changed last week. Rear tyre has done about 1500 miles, chain & sprockets are like new. I also replaced the regulator/rectifier unit last year.

There are some very & I mean very minor marks to the bodywork here & there but generally I would describe it as being a very tidy bike, regardless of age. Castrol paint scheme gets plenty of attention out & about.
Photobucket
 Front tyre tread is a bit low & brake fluid could do with being changed but that's all I can think of on the negative side.
 If anyone is interested they can message me for my contact details on here please. I am in Redditch, Worcestershire. I have advertised it for £1850.00 so that's pretty much what I will take for it. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. Sorry if it is a bit long winded.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2012, 06:16:50 pm by GrahamB »