Date: 30-04-24  Time: 14:39 pm

Author Topic: Help Needed for meta 357 alarm removal please  (Read 13555 times)

robl

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Help Needed for meta 357 alarm removal please
« on: 06 November 2011, 07:34:43 pm »
hi, my meta 357 alarm has died leaving my bike immobilised/won't start (2001 fzs1000), bike won't even turn over, no beeps or anything from alarm.
so i want to get it removed permanently, can any pm me the info please to do this?

dekker555

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed for meta 357 alarm removal please
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2011, 11:14:44 pm »
Hi, someone told me you only need to untape the loom from where the alarm's wires enter it, to where they join the bike's wiring, cut the connections and rejoin them, sounds so simple doesn't it? After I'd cut the wires to free the alarm, I only got as far as untaping the rear half of the loom, I found the alarm wiring went in so deep, and I'd made myself such a mess, I gave up and called in a proffesional alarm fitter to sort it out. He didn't untape it any further, he just traced the wires to where they went (the clever bit) reconnected (soldered) them, retaped them, job done. I don't know where you are, but the man who helped me, (came to my home, 50 mls.) was Pete, the owner I believe of     http://www.mhss1st.co.uk/about_us.htm good luck with it.

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2011, 12:06:53 pm »
same happened to me alarm wouldn't disarm so i had it removed, if your good with the leccy stuff try doin it yourself but i dont think its as easy as just snippin a few wires. i got some guy to do it for me cost £60, he knows what he's doin & even he said they aint that easy to take off.

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2011, 03:58:48 pm »
dont start cutting randomly lol,  :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek
first go to a site called abacus car alarms, joing then pay £5 for some credits make sure your alarm is the m357 as the font meta use is crap and the 7 might just be a 1, once alarm varified download tfrom the members area the pin out pdf relating to your alarm
do the 2 bridges on the alarm  plug then you can remove said fooked system and insulate any bare wires leaving the 2 bridges intact.  :lol :lol :lol :lol

i kno because been the done that this weekend lol
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2011, 05:53:38 pm »

it might be easier to unplug the currently fitted m357 and plug in a new one. they retail at around 100 new and also come up for less on ebay....
is it clean enough?

sirgalahad3

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - SR 500
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2011, 06:40:46 pm »
Pm me e mail addy for pin out diagram. Dead easy with it.

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2011, 10:09:34 pm »
I paid £30 for mine to be removed by my local independant dealer. 1 hour labour.
Have had Meta 357's on 2 x FZS600's 2 x Gen1's and a Gen2 and paid £30 for removal on each bike. Dealer said it was a breeze, although I never asked how they did it. :\
I prefer to pay someone to do it properly

robl

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2011, 04:13:36 pm »
thx for all the replies guys, been busy at work to reply sooner. I found the pin out diagram online so my car mechanic/ ex toad alarm installer friend is going to remove it completely for me. cheers, all.

Rasher

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia Falco
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2015, 11:45:31 pm »
I had the usual dead battery problem with my Meta alarm (M357T-V2) so went to remove it by following the advice on the internet and bridging wires.  However I cocked it up because I didn't realise there were 2 different wire bridging solutions for the M357T and the M357T-V2.

I then decided to remove the wiring from the loom completely so I cut off the alarm.  When I opened up the loom I expected to see colour-coded wiring and to be able to identify which wires to join together (as this is the equivalent of the wire-bridging solutions).  That would be too easy though!  It turns out the alarm wires are all black and the wires in the loom are all black with a small green mark  :eek  so you can't easily identify which wire is which.  I thought I had just cost myself €500 in dealer charges.

After some head-scratching I worked it all out through trial and error and the bike is running fine without the alarm now. 

I made a short video that might help people if they have the same problem I had or if you want to remove more of the alarm than just the alarm box itself. 

Here is the link:-

[size=78%] [/size]
[/size]
[/size]My email is at the end of the video.  Send a mail if you have a question and I'll help if I can. [size=78%]
[/size]

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2015, 10:27:13 am »
Very helpful guy..
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2015, 03:55:57 pm »
hi, my meta 357 alarm has died leaving my bike immobilised/won't start (2001 fzs1000), bike won't even turn over, no beeps or anything from alarm.
so i want to get it removed permanently, can any pm me the info please to do this?
Pm me your email address and the exact model of meta you have and I will email you instructions. Is it a 357 or 357tv2

You could replace easily just by buying a new box. If you are insured as having one fitted then you insurance will not pay out if the bike is stolen