Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:27 pm

Author Topic: **BELOVED YAMAHA FAZER FZS600 STOLEN !! **  (Read 12554 times)

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
**BELOVED YAMAHA FAZER FZS600 STOLEN !! **
« on: 02 June 2014, 06:52:06 pm »
Hi Guys,

It is with great regret and rage that I have to report my beloved Yamaha Fazer600 as stolen !! The Registration is R782 NFW. Please spread this as far and wide as you can and should you or anyone see it please report it to the police. It is a pretty standard bike but there are a few distinctive marks:

1) The oil cap has broken and the bike was stolen before I could replace it with the new one I ordered, so it looks like a cracked mess.

2) Both rear brake lights failed at the weekend, again stolen before the replacements could be fitted. I know it's not much to go on but that's the best I can do.

3) Grey paint stripe on the side of the rear tyre (for exactly this reason)

The bike was taken from the Wortley area in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Some of you may recall that this was a bike bought for me by my wife as an anniversary gift, something she saved long and hard for, she is even more pissed off than me!

Anyway I've attached pictures of the bike below and also included a Facebook link, please share to as many people as you can.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154218316420694&id=528810693

Kind Regards

James (1 pissed off Focer)

« Last Edit: 02 June 2014, 07:04:34 pm by FZSteely »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: **BELOVED YAMAHA FAZER FZS600 STOLEN !! **
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2014, 07:25:09 pm »
Sorry to hear that james, after all the effort heather put in too find and buy the right bike only for some scumbag to swipe it.....many miles from you but will keep an eye open....not many 98 boxeyes about so will be easy to spot, really do hope you get it back...
One, is never going to be enough.....

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2014, 08:26:33 pm »
gutted matey i've stuck it on here as well
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/415974705057/

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2014, 08:36:07 pm »
Sorry to hear that james, after all the effort heather put in too find and buy the right bike only for some scumbag to swipe it.....many miles from you but will keep an eye open....not many 98 boxeyes about so will be easy to spot, really do hope you get it back...

Cheers mate, you never know it might turn up, but after my experience with police enquiries I think I'm more likely to solve the mystery myself! Thanks for your support Red98 :)

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2014, 09:14:29 pm »
gutted matey i've stuck it on here as well
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/415974705057/

Thanks mate, really appreciate it. :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2014, 09:41:39 pm »
Really feel for u mate.... When it isn't just a mode of transport but ur BABY.. Then it will always hurt more ... my partner had her ER6 stolen a while back and she was devastated.. Lots of positive reinforcement from me didn't help but she has an Fz6 now and its blue so that more than compensates :-) u will find another bike and learn to love it just like the one that was stolen...(specially if the mrs helps u choose it) and move on. Hopefully u will be more aware ov where u leave it parked and invest in some portable lockage. Take care out there
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2014, 10:22:34 pm »

LETS ALL DO OUR BIT

Imo - this bike will never be sold as a complete bike.....too much risk for so little return....such cheap bikes right now...yamaha fzs is hardly a stolen to order bike is it...this was opportune.

Parts will most likely end up on here....some indistinguishable ie not black.

Look out for the big bits....front black boxeye fairing undamaged.....rocking horse shite.....if one turns up then it is too good to be true & likely pinched...tank....front fender....rear plastics.....all suspicious if not damaged.

Lets look out for new members with zero posts selling bits for a mate.

Lets look out for folk who dont have a clue about fazers (actually scratch that one thats all of us but you get the point).

Lets look out for the above sellers not accepting pick up or being shadey about their location.

Come on guys...don't buy it if it seems suspect..regardless of how much you need it.....remember....we may give our personal details to these thieves so we can receive the bits, unwittingly or not......be careful....be alert......lets catch these bastards out.....lets show them not to foc with fazers.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2014, 10:34:19 pm »
Or Fraser lol
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2014, 10:40:26 pm »
Or Fraser lol

Shame it wasn't a blue bike coz then they'd prob still only be round the corner if not only just outta the driveway.

Lets keep this post bumped for a little while, everybody comment as if you are on the word association thread & spread  the dread.

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2014, 05:12:23 pm »
Bumping this.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 June 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
Sorry to hear this mate.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2014, 08:49:06 am »
Sorry to hear, it'll more likely be in a field or stream somewhere!
Some say...

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2014, 10:21:12 am »
It was the fastest colour too. :(

Good luck in finding her.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2014, 11:24:57 am »

LETS ALL DO OUR BIT

Imo - this bike will never be sold as a complete bike.....too much risk for so little return....such cheap bikes right now...yamaha fzs is hardly a stolen to order bike is it...this was opportune.

Parts will most likely end up on here....some indistinguishable ie not black.

Look out for the big bits....front black boxeye fairing undamaged.....rocking horse shite.....if one turns up then it is too good to be true & likely pinched...tank....front fender....rear plastics.....all suspicious if not damaged.

Lets look out for new members with zero posts selling bits for a mate.

Lets look out for folk who dont have a clue about fazers (actually scratch that one thats all of us but you get the point).

Lets look out for the above sellers not accepting pick up or being shadey about their location.

Come on guys...don't buy it if it seems suspect..regardless of how much you need it.....remember....we may give our personal details to these thieves so we can receive the bits, unwittingly or not......be careful....be alert......lets catch these bastards out.....lets show them not to foc with fazers.

thanks mate and yes I agree with you, the amount of times you see someone selling something on eBay with the quote "selling on behalf of a mate" It's the dodgiest sounding advertisement ever, and furthermore what idiot can't figure out how to sell their own stuff online these days?

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #14 on: 04 June 2014, 02:29:37 pm »
There's a guy on Biker Booty on facebook selling some Fazer stuff inc a black fairing may just be a coincidence.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2014, 03:02:51 pm »
There's a guy on Biker Booty on facebook selling some Fazer stuff inc a black fairing may just be a coincidence.

Good spot Karlo

Ive had a deek at it & the guys profile...he studied criminology so i hope it wasnt him :b

Seems to have a real facebook profile which lessens the chances of it being him although i cant see most of his pics.

Here's a pic of it for fzsreely to look at anyway.

Lets keep up the good work foccers.

The Gentleman Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2014, 06:01:10 pm »
Absolutely gutting mate, I feel for you. Shared on faffbook.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2014, 07:45:54 pm »

Good spot Karlo

Thanks for spotting it but it doesn't look like it's the fairing from my bike, thank you for your efforts mate, very nice of you.

Ive had a deek at it & the guys profile...he studied criminology so i hope it wasnt him :b

Seems to have a real facebook profile which lessens the chances of it being him although i cant see most of his pics.

Here's a pic of it for fzsreely to look at anyway.

Lets keep up the good work foccers.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who have shown an interest and tried to help me out. I would hate the same thing to happen to anyone else, so I thought I'd share this product with you which I have bought today, a GPS Tracker! They are only £20 quid on ebay. The unit connects straight to your smartphone, laptop etc and alerts you instantly; should your bike be interfered with, without your consent.

If I had have thought to have one installed on my Fazer not only could I have reported the bike's location to the Police, I would also have had the pleasure of being at the scene and laughing my head off as the scum were nicked! You never know if my bike was found others may have been at the same location.

Anyway here's the link below as well as a demo video found on youtube.

All the Best

James.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mini-Real-Time-Magnetic-GPS-Car-Vehicle-Tracker-Personal-Tracking-Device-UK-/131172334340?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1e8a7afb04

Global Mini Tracking Device GSM GPRS GPS

« Last Edit: 04 June 2014, 08:08:04 pm by FZSteely »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2014, 08:09:59 pm »
Sounds a good product,,,do a test and see if you can locate it, let us know if it works
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
Just to let you know guys; the Police called me this morning to say they have recovered my bike! It turns out some scumbag was riding around on it, lost control of the bike, hit something and now he's in hospital with serious injuries (although I'm not sure how fucked up he is) anyway the cops are very interested in having a chat with him if he recovers.

The bike itself is for the most part okay, although I've not seen it myself. I know the front forks are a bit messed up but it's probably going to be classed as a write off. Anyway I'm glad I know what happened to it and if the thief dies from his injuries, well as far as I care it's just one less parasite out there  :lol

« Last Edit: 09 June 2014, 05:48:23 pm by FZSteely »

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2014, 05:53:51 pm »
glad they found it, hope you get another one!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2014, 05:55:47 pm »
Hey pal..glad you at least got some closure on this........the winner of the foc-u-csi issss........punkstig.....he did say some foccin half breed would be doing some red bull x fighter antics on it......bastards....i hope he gets a flesh eating bug while in hospital & of course i wish him a certain kind of recovery.......ie recovery position & gasping for his feeble life.

Now i reckon the bike will be a write off......so Heather will need to now source you a new bike...she is a member after all...but we will of course need some more pics to confirm that :b

All pervy jokes aside.........what you gonna get...exciting times........just make sure it is Red.......these gen 2 thous sure are going cheap at the moment ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2014, 05:59:50 pm »
Agree with you there james....one less parasite  ;)......glad the scumbag has hurt himself, shame he used your bike to do it.....everythings repairable and theres loads of help on here   :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2014, 10:52:41 am »
I'm interested in these GPS trackers.

Would they work with a simple pay as you go sim, or would they require a contract?

Andy