Date: 27-04-24  Time: 15:41 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605120 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3175 on: 30 July 2014, 04:46:39 pm »
Today, bumped into Jase (Fazer390) at Blades in Swindon, had a nice chat - he caught me admiring some nice touches on his bike. I thought, I recognise the carbon covers on that frame, and sure enough, out he wanders  :lol

Chatted to a salesman about PCP, but I'm not convinced it's the way I want to go for a second bike. Need to read up more, but for chopping and changing every year or so to try newer stuff, I don't think it's the best way to do it.

Got back from a six day Yorkshire Dales and Lake District camping trip yesterday, account to be posted when I can sort the video footage (which takes forever  :\)

Did 100 miles around pembrokeshire and carmarthenshire on the thou in the sun....went to Cenarth falls.....was ok but nowt special......the kinda falls that are 2 a penny up north o Scotland.

I have a new love for the thou now after further suspension tweeking......it is getting better and better......I'm still winding out the rebound on the front forks and with every click softer it gets more manageable on the roads...looking at my cable tie gauge i can still go a bit more softer without bottoming out.

The blistering performance of that engine i will never get from anything else at a few grand......it is addictive. 8)

:faz THOU NO LONGER FOR SALE

Good to hear Noggy. I knew there had to be something simple that just needed sorting to your own satisfaction - you only have to read all the positive stuff from other owners on here to know that it's essentially a great bike.

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 30 July 2014, 04:59:20 pm »
Sold my powertech exhaust and then bought a Givi rack for the gen 1.......just got to buy a givi monolock top box now..... :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 30 July 2014, 06:42:13 pm »
Thanks geezers....i am touched......touched by  :faz  Magic........i think i might have had a semi today :lol

It has been a long road i wont deny.....a big scotland trip that knocked my confidence....going fast...... but feeling more like a horse inside a horse box being towed by a Hercules C130 rather than just feeling like a fast horse running free in a field.

It has taken me ages to just get the rear shock rebound adjuster to actually move........then i got the baseline settings from Nitron........now i've checked my sag front and back.....front is good.....back is a tad soft....i still need a preload tool.......i think Nitron should be due me a free one by now considering i ordered about 5 weeks ago. :rolleyes

It has all taken allot of time and continuous analysis.

But i'm getting more used to what my road analysis needs as far as adjustments.......i'm happy with the front and rear rebound and i now leave that alone........and i no longer need to fiddle the Rear (apart from preload when i have the ability).....just to confirm it i did a click each way on the rear compression today on one of my adjustment stops and it focced things up so i set it back to where it was and I'm now leaving be......it is kinda like tuning a guitar...you just get the harmonic.

The front end used to feel like there was a massive weight on it......like i had to push and pull the handlebars like giant levers instead of being feather light..i was thinking it was just the thou weight.....i dropped the yokes which helped slightly but i lost ground clearance......i put them back to standard........so instead i've been winding out the front compression 1 click at a time with decent rides in between clicks.....& over 200 miles  later i'm still winding it out....& every click i do it gets sweeter and sweeter.......i'm buzzing about it and i still have a few clicks to go i reckon....the front end now absorbs bumps and my wrists and forearms are no longer being beasted......& i can flick the bike into a corner...it is awesome......the front still gets light under full throttle and towards the red line in 3rd and 4th but i think that's power not the suspension that's doing that :)

Yep...im a happy bunny.....still more adjusting to go......but im back to having fun.

If only i could now tune those beasties to not hit me right in my field of vision when I'm trying to get my mojo back......they must think I'm riding a Gen1 :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 30 July 2014, 06:57:08 pm »
Rode with lady friend to Stratford upon Avon this morning  and then rode the A46 to Alcester & linked up with A422 through Arrow, Inkberrow across to Worcester in perfect riding conditions-nice sweeping bends with straights to blast along then more lovely bends! Warm but not oppressive like last week-had to watch out though as its National road patch up month with temp traffic lights. Also Beware tractors-theyre bigger than years ago,shortly to be replaced by combine harvesters as the harvest season draws near!

baggy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 30 July 2014, 07:16:07 pm »
Picked up my new FZ8 from CMC Coleshill. I will take some photos later  :D
White FZ8

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: 30 July 2014, 07:42:45 pm »
Picked up my new FZ8 from CMC Coleshill. I will take some photos later  :D

Lucky boy,enjoy
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 30 July 2014, 08:12:56 pm »
shame to miss out on all that scenery but all the best to ya ceri enjoy.well gel

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 31 July 2014, 11:03:52 am »
Wow! Yambits delivery is quick. Must that red van they use ;) 
So today I will have fitted new caliper seal and pads, recording the mileage this time ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 31 July 2014, 12:34:57 pm »
....went to Cenarth falls.....was ok but nowt special......the kinda falls that are 2 a penny up north o Scotland.

My brother-in-law lives in Abercych just across the valley, and last time I went for a trip there they'd had what he called 'a spot of rain'. We took a walk up Cenarth, saw the car park had flooded and a guy piling sand bags up the door of The Salmon Leap. We could barely see the arches of the bridge and the noise was deafening too.
The falls were a damn sight more impressive then!  :D
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 01 August 2014, 01:08:58 pm »
Fitted one of my "fazer owners club" stickers to the screen of my bike. turned out just a (big) bit bigger than I thought it would :lol :

And I have a couple of spares if anyone wants one:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,14204.0.html
« Last Edit: 01 August 2014, 01:16:36 pm by mickvp »

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 01 August 2014, 02:45:44 pm »
Bought a new Givi E450 top box  :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: 01 August 2014, 08:53:19 pm »
Washed it and gave the chain a quick spruce up. hopefully Ill get out a wee blast tomorrow morning :)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: 01 August 2014, 11:20:40 pm »
Did the final clean before she gets her new owner. Good day/bad day, not sure.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 02 August 2014, 06:08:38 am »
Did the final clean before she gets her new owner. Good day/bad day, not sure.

It's the first step towards a gen 1!  :lol

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 02 August 2014, 07:28:15 am »
Almost. A carb'd R1 is taking its place!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 02 August 2014, 02:25:07 pm »
Fitted my carbon tank cover I'm not really sure if I like it .and put my givi tank bag on not sure if I like that either.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: 02 August 2014, 03:33:58 pm »
Is that the Givi tankloc system? I had  just been looking at them, now I have seen it on your bike I am not so sure about it as well :\

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: 02 August 2014, 05:47:54 pm »
Yep it's a xs306. Seems a bit on the large side maybe I should have got a smaller one. I'll try it if it don't work for me I'll flog it
« Last Edit: 02 August 2014, 05:51:07 pm by brooker81 »

Pots

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 02 August 2014, 10:06:14 pm »
Fitted a high level carbon micron exhaust today !

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 02 August 2014, 11:12:21 pm »
Every time I see those they look sooo awesome... where did you get the link pipe?

Pots

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 03 August 2014, 06:59:39 am »
Every time I see those they look sooo awesome... where did you get the link pipe?

hi, the link pipe came with it as a kit ! im really happy with the look and sound if it .

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: 03 August 2014, 09:21:32 am »
Yesterday ressumed my journey from Malta, where I'd been at my Daughters wedding, started out at 2.45am and finished at hotel at 6.30pm, journey included 2 ferries and trip up Mount Etna. total 315 miles. Highlights early morning ride up through southern Sicily and roads up and down Etna. Went up to 2500metres on cable car and thought about walking the rest of they way but as in leather jeans and bike boots thought better of it.
As prommised photos of last weeks trip to Monte Cassino as well.

View down Etna from road, about a third of the way to top.

Ferry Sicily to Mainland

Outside Monte Cassino

Polish War graves at Monte Cassino, they were the troops who finally took the heights, next photoshows the ground they had to cover.

British Commonwealth War graves from most of Italian campaign just outside Monte Cassino

Today it is shortish run up to just North of Salerno, but going inland to ride some mountain roads.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 03 August 2014, 03:47:11 pm »
very nice. great pictures looks amazing

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 04 August 2014, 06:46:24 pm »
Just fitted a fabbri DB in place of the Yamaha flip touring screen. Be interesting to see how it does. Was a bargain price, so worth a go.

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 04 August 2014, 09:37:56 pm »
Today went from Just North of Salerno to Pompei, spent about 3 hours walking around the Roman city then off to a small village, Ornando Grande, in the Parco Nazionale Del Gran Sasso in Mid-Italy. Some absolutely cracking roads, some tight, some open and fast but increadable views and scenery. Been told by hotel of 'must do' roads tomorrow before I go to Bologna. No photos yet, forgot to take memory card out of laptop and charge camera battery, lots on phone but can't download yet. Small total miles today around 240 miles mark.

Picture i should have added yesterday of Monte Cassino from Polish war graves, the Polish troops advanced up from here to take Monte Cassino.