Date: 30-04-24  Time: 23:06 pm

Author Topic: New FZS 600 owner in Bristol  (Read 2243 times)

ltcorwin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
New FZS 600 owner in Bristol
« on: 23 May 2013, 11:18:15 am »
Greetings all,

I bought my lovely gold (aka Deep Reddish Yellow Cocktail) 99 FZS600 about a month ago, and been using the website for hints and tips.

Thought I should register and introduce myself.

Glasgow born, Bristol based.  Licence since uni, but a long hiatus between the 125 I had then and the Fazer I have now, though I kept my reflexes in with the odd go on my brother and father's various bikes.

Glad to be part of the community here.

More details on me and the bike to follow, I'm posting this from work, as I can't access the site properly from home just now duie to what I suspect is a DNS error at the BT ISP servers

LTC

nsr500v4

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: New FZS 600 owner in Bristol
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2013, 12:25:45 pm »
AH its always good to have a fellow Scot on the site, welcome. Have a good time on the Forum

:useless

John Silva

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2013, 01:12:35 pm »
And its always good to have a fellow Bristolian on the site.  :D
Welcome to a great forum LTC
Biking is about the Journey NOT the Destination...

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2013, 08:20:45 pm »
Hey,

Welcome to the forum!

A few problems with connections as the site has just been moved to a new server by the hosts as the old server kept having problems. Hopefully sorted soon though!

Looking forward to the pics,

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

ltcorwin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2013, 12:24:44 am »
hi all,

Well the DNS issue seems to be resolved, so that's good.

I'm from East Kilbride, just outside Glasgow, raised and educated there, moved down to Bristol post graduation in 2001.  Been here since.

But enough about me, the bike

1999 T plate Gold Boxeye FZS600

Bought about a month ago (Still waiting on the V5 to come through)

33488 miles on the clock, bought from a dealer for £1695, not much service history, but seems pretty tidy.

Came with Oxford grips, crash bars on the engine, rear wheel hugger and a luggage rack.

Replaced the rack with a Monokey Givirack and an E55 Maxia 3 box.  got a Fender Extender and that's aboutit.

So far the only real issue I had was when my Dad, who is down visiting to drool at my new bike (he has a Kwak ZRX12S) helped me fit a Battery Status Monitor, we used the front brake switch leads for the positive connection and managed to swever the wire, one connector block and some electrical tape later it's fixed, but it's looks a bit worse than I'd like.  To be fair he does feel bad about it, but it's not like I'd have done any better, I'm competent, but very inexperienced mechanically.

Ayway, a photo of the bike, this is it's best side, some scrapes, etc on both sides from prev owners dropping it, but nothing serious.

So now I've introduced myself and the bike, hello to all.  Looking forward to taking a more acgtive part on here now.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2013, 12:57:29 am »
Hi Itcorwin

Nice bike and not bad if its been introduced to the floor. We all have repair nightmares but the important thing is straddle it, rev it and enjoy it.

Welcome mate

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

ltcorwin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2013, 11:48:50 pm »
Thanks all for the welcome

LTC

Kentish

• Club Racer
  • I am the man
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2013, 11:29:05 pm »
Big welcome to the forum mate

ltcorwin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2013, 08:39:04 pm »
Thanks all,

Did my most daunting repair yet, replacing the fuel gauge illumination bulb.  When I put the screen on back on noticed a crack next to the offside mirror, another side effect of it's previous "introduction to the ground".

My Dad says the fact I only noticed it tonight is proof I didn't wash ot properly last week.  Fair point. :)

LTC

psyfi_1

• Weekend Warrior
  • bikes bikes bikes
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - main
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2013, 11:21:11 am »
hi all nice to meet you fazer riders im new biker of like 1 week i  previously road a 125cbf for a year and trained on  fazer 600 so after buying a broken one for 700 and putting alot of money in it we have a working blue 2003 fazer600 so still wearing it in but im up for a ride and meet i still havent rideen as a group yet so give us a message when your going for a ride im bristol based and around the st werburghs