Date: 30-04-24  Time: 22:34 pm

Author Topic: I'd heard rumours about this place.....  (Read 1556 times)

Huw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
I'd heard rumours about this place.....
« on: 18 May 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
Hello!!

My name is Huw. Currently living in Nottinghamshire. Bought my first bike - FZS600 02 - just over a year ago and have ridden it pretty much everyday through - Sunshine, Rain, Hail and Snow since!

Use it for commuting each weekday and getting lost in places like the peak district on weekends  :D

*Really hope the pic works as I've never tried that before....*

Learning to maintain it as I go along.

Recently came off it (people carrier pulling out in front and didn't even stop when I came off   >: - everyone even the police told me I should have just hit them instead of swerving) - exhaust pipe broke which made a lovely noise as I slowly rode to the nearest garage, wing mirrors stuffed in my jacket. Was only after I left it at the garage I realised I was in pain. Bike comes first. I was back on it with the essentials fitted the next week

Heard through the grapevine this place existed and was really useful..... I'll now scour the forums to find how to adjust the angle of my headlights, where I can go for bodywork (Yamaha garage I'm sure is trying to rip me off) and to pass time at work!

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: I'd heard rumours about this place.....
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
welcome huw are you.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2016, 09:06:42 pm »
Welcome onboard Huw,

Your pic worked fine :)

Try www.ajsutton.co.uk for parts lists and prices before you go eBay and the like to make sure your not getting ripped off :(

Adjusting headlamps is easy, if you look at back of the light units there should be a couple of bolt type screws diagonally opposite each other, (8mm socket I think or a small screwdriver does the job) turn them to adjust your lights. Ones for up/down other's for left/right movement.
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Huw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2016, 09:17:22 pm »
Thanks both! If it really is that easy... I am wondering why the Yamaha garage stuck tape over parts of the front to stop the shinning upwards..... Don't think I'll be going back there in a hurry.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2016, 09:41:07 pm »
Thanks both! If it really is that easy... I am wondering why the Yamaha garage stuck tape over parts of the front to stop the shinning upwards..... Don't think I'll be going back there in a hurry.
Did they charge you for this excellent bit of workmanship? :lol

There could be more to it as I've not seen the damage etc, possible the units been knocked of the bracket and it's damaged?
Colin
----------------------

Huw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2016, 10:11:52 pm »
Around £400 for exhaust part, 2 new wing mirrors, 1 indicator, new handle bar (fitted awfully). That was to get it back on the road. Quoted me £1900 for complete refurb. First accident so just wanted my bike back ASAP :) Hate public transport  :)

Edit: I think the tape was free
« Last Edit: 18 May 2016, 10:24:36 pm by Huw »

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2016, 11:00:20 pm »
Around £400 for exhaust part, 2 new wing mirrors, 1 indicator, new handle bar (fitted awfully). That was to get it back on the road. Quoted me £1900 for complete refurb. First accident so just wanted my bike back ASAP :) Hate public transport  :)

Edit: I think the tape was free
Ouch :(

Is claiming your insurance not an option at these prices?
You could probably get another bike for that price.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2016, 11:01:33 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

Huw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2016, 11:40:38 pm »
With excess and the risk of losing first year no claims (newly obtained so too proud maybe) and the fact I didn't get his reg whilst sliding down the road meant it wasn't worth it.

That's why i didn't pay for the full. £400 to get back on the road on my bike still seems worth it even if i was ripped off  :D

bigsteve

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM850 FZS600SP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2016, 09:27:22 pm »
HI From another Nottinghamshire rider

reading though your posts did garage replace head light/ fairing Bracket ??  as if that's been bent hole front end will be out of line ie  head light aim
  when I rebuilt my box eye 600 that was first part I replaced new to male sure everything was straight up front

Huw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2016, 12:32:13 am »
 I wasn't clear... the headlights where done by the same garage before the crash. They did the tape trick after an MOT