Date: 16-05-24  Time: 23:58 pm

Author Topic: European Breakdown cover  (Read 1432 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
European Breakdown cover
« on: 24 August 2012, 12:10:28 pm »
In the UK I have 3 different break down policies (bank, personal and warranty) covering the car but none of them cover Europe. Looking to get european cover for the car but ideally personal coverage rather than naming a specific vehicle as over the next 12 months I will be travelling in 2 or more cars and the bike to france but dont want to take out policies for each vehicle.
I know RAC do the policy where for £5 I can change the vehicle each time but would rather just have a policy I dont need to think about.

Any suggestions?
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: European Breakdown cover
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2012, 11:48:17 am »
RAC personal cover is for the UK only I think...they list euro breakdown as an extra cost. I have had RAC persoanl cover for year snow a sthey do come out to bikes. I have similar cover for any cars I have on bank accounts etc...but bikes aint included, so I need to have the RAC. But every year I take out euro cover fo rwhatever bike I go touring on.
My new  BMW bike has 2 yr full euro breakdown as standard ...fecking handy that is !
Carole Nash used to give euro cover as part of the policy too.I get UK cover from ebike, but not europe...

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2012, 03:14:28 pm »
Problem is I will be going in 3 or 4 different vehicles during the year :-(
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

flyboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tl1000r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2012, 04:41:01 pm »
 I’ve  got a Additions Active account from Barclays £15 a month on a joint account with my wife.  With that we get full European break down recovery (any vehicle both me and the wife )and also worldwide travel insurance including motor cycling holidays providing  you set of from your home address, (no cover for holiday motor bike hire) plus mobile phone insurance and other bits an bobs a bit expensive but we go abroad usually  twice a year on the bike and  one package as well .So I think it works out for us.
Looking to move to the Co op for a similar account but a bit cheaper

phild

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
Rescuemycar.com ......£126 ( discounted from £156 this year ) for Personal Cover which covers both myself and my wife, for our car and two motorcycles UK and European. You must give them the list of your vehicles and then you're covered in Europe ( no need to keep changing your principle vehicle ). Policy also covers both of us for ANY vehicle we are in or on in the UK.
Never had to call them out ( and long may that continue!!!! ) so I dont know what they're like should you need their services.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2012, 07:14:57 pm »
Phil. That sounds good. I will have a look. Thanks