Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Tyre recommendation

(1/2) > >>

Camarade:
Hi all,
It's time to re-shoe the '98 Fazer and was hoping for some recommandations for the best choice of tyre. No track days or knee down antics. Mostly A/B roads in spring, summer, autumn

Currently wearing, Front: Pirelli Diablo 110/70 ZR 17 MC 54W

Rear: Metzler 160/60 ZR 17 MC (69W)

Any ideas?

Camarade

agricola:
Given the age of the bike and your requirements, I'd say that Bridgestone BT 023 tyres would be more than sufficient for your needs, without blowing the budget

Camarade:
Excellent, will check them out. Thanks!!

fazersharp:

Sounds like my riding - no commuting either for me, don't get out as often as I like which can mean that the tyres are old before they are worn so I opted for these last time
 these Metzler Sportec M7 RRhttps://www.metzeler.com/en-gb/catalogue/product/sportec-m7-rr

Grahamm:
Look on YouTube for the Fortnine videos where he explains that pretty much any reasonably well known brand tyres will be sufficient for the majority of riders who are never going to push them to their limits.

Personally I've gone from Bridgestone 023s to the T30s and T31s and will upgrade to the T32 in the not too distant future because I don't see the attraction in using tyre technology that's over a decade old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version