Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 70019 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread incl a poll
« Reply #425 on: 29 March 2021, 09:15:45 pm »
Had a possible reaction 36 hours after jab, woke up dripping in sweat........ I hope it was sweat anyway.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 01 April 2021, 05:55:43 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:04:39 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 02 April 2021, 05:28:45 pm »
Had a possible reaction 36 hours after jab, woke up dripping in sweat........ I hope it was sweat anyway.
How are you now?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 02 April 2021, 08:25:26 pm »
How are you now?
Thanks for asking.
I was fine when I woke up in morning after the sweat episode in the middle of the night. And been fine since.
Its like my immune system compleatly ignored the jab. Mrs Sharp is convinced she had it back in Feb‐March last year, if that was the case then I must of had it too without knowing. So, interesting that covid did not touch me and neither did the vaccine. Mrs was ill with covid and had a bad time with the vax. Could be linked.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 02 April 2021, 11:40:19 pm »
Thanks for asking.[/size]I was fine when I woke up in morning after the sweat episode in the middle of the night. And been fine since.Its like my immune system compleatly ignored the jab. Mrs Sharp is convinced she had it back in Feb‐March last year, if that was the case then I must of had it too without knowing. So, interesting that covid did not touch me and neither did the vaccine. Mrs was ill with covid and had a bad time with the vax. Could be linked.

Good news :thumbup
A poll of friends puts the bad reaction rate at somewhere between a third and a half felt feverish. But nobody for more than 36 hours, then back to fine. The rest of us, absolutely no reaction at all. As you say, there must be a reason for the differences.
Did you see the BBC's 'Pandemic 2020' Thursday night? Very interesting. Makes it clear the infection rate was astronomical at the beginning. Perhaps lots more people were asymptomatic than we realised.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 03 April 2021, 07:57:53 am »
It would be interesting to know which jab ( Oxford/Pfizer ), was the "culprit" among those folks that have had a noticeable reaction. So far I've not come across anyone who's had any sort of reaction to the Pfizer, other than a sore arm.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 03 April 2021, 10:29:30 am »
Wouldn't watch the proven liyers and propagandist panodrama if you paid me.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 03 April 2021, 10:45:12 am »
It would be interesting to know which jab ( Oxford/Pfizer ), was the "culprit" among those folks that have had a noticeable reaction. So far I've not come across anyone who's had any sort of reaction to the Pfizer, other than a sore arm.
my mate who had a real bad time and was off work for a week was the only one out of 10 workmates to get the az jab all on the same day. 6 out of 10 had problems and were off work for at least 2 days each. So from that small group 50% had issues with the Pfizer jab. They were all between 40 and 55 and because of the nature of their jobs its highly likely they had covid in the past. Some defiantly did, including  my mate although they are not sure.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 03 April 2021, 11:32:02 am »
Wouldn't watch the proven liyers and propagandist panodrama if you paid me.
You'd be surprised. Made by the same team that produced 'Once Upon A Time in Iraq', which showed all the 'dirty washing'

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 03 April 2021, 11:34:30 am »
All my group (about 20) had the AZ. Both with and without after effects. All are aged 50+.

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #435 on: 03 April 2021, 12:27:11 pm »
I had the pfizer jab, 2 days with mild headache and feeling tired then fine, not enough to stop me working.I have to say while waiting for the jab and reading the bumph I started to feel half the side effects before going in....
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 03 April 2021, 09:43:20 pm »
I don't know weather its because more AZ vaxes are being given but it seems like more people have issues with AZ than Pfizer.
From what I could find out its because AZ is closer to a normal vax ‐ as in a deactivated virus but pifzer is totally artificially manufactured on a dna level.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2021, 09:46:36 pm by fazersharp »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 04 April 2021, 08:04:43 am »
How are you now?
Thanks for asking.
I was fine when I woke up in morning after the sweat episode in the middle of the night. And been fine since.
Its like my immune system compleatly ignored the jab. Mrs Sharp is convinced she had it back in Feb‐March last year, if that was the case then I must of had it too without knowing. So, interesting that covid did not touch me and neither did the vaccine. Mrs was ill with covid and had a bad time with the vax. Could be linked.

The sweat episode was after dreaming you'd left your bike out in the rain  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 04 April 2021, 08:12:08 am »
If anyone is even remotely concerned about the apparent chance of blood clotting with the AZ vaccine, why not cover the bases and take a course of Omega 3 capsules for a month or so to put the mind, and body, at rest?
A very small dose of Aspirin is an alternative for the vegans out there BUT be warned that Aspirin can have side effects as i found out myself, so you'd need a doctor to give you the go ahead on that one. 
I'm not suggesting either are necessary, it's just that some people worry more than others, especially with the media making a meal of things, so why not do something about it to counteract any miniscule possibility of a blood clot?

« Last Edit: 04 April 2021, 08:19:11 am by darrsi »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 04 April 2021, 08:25:17 am »
If anyone is even remotely concerned about the apparent chance of blood clotting with the AZ vaccine, why not cover the bases and take a course of Omega 3 capsules for a month or so to put the mind, and body, at rest?
A very small dose of Aspirin is an alternative for the vegans out there BUT be warned that Aspirin can have side effects as i found out myself, so you'd need a doctor to give you the go ahead on that one. 
I'm not suggesting either are necessary, it's just that some people worry more than others, especially with the media making a meal of things, so why not do something about it to counteract any miniscule possibility of a blood clot?

From what I read it's a smaller chance of blit clot than women get from taking the contraception pill 🤷‍♂️ probably more risk in taking the omega 3 haha

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 04 April 2021, 10:55:49 am »

From what I read it's a smaller chance of blit clot than women get from taking the contraception pill
Wait a minute, Germany has found that the blood clotting mainly affects younger women. Could it be these same woman are also taking a contraception pill and doubling the clot risk. Germany have started on the younger generations which is also why they have higher clot cases than we do.
« Last Edit: 04 April 2021, 11:06:52 am by fazersharp »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 04 April 2021, 07:05:05 pm »

From what I read it's a smaller chance of blit clot than women get from taking the contraception pill 🤷‍♂️ probably more risk in taking the omega 3 haha

Doesn't put people off flying either.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 05 April 2021, 10:06:30 am »

Doesn't put people off flying either.

Probably because most people don't realise there is a risk from flying. If a bunch of numpty idiots started an online campaign warning against it and spreading overhyped reports with skewed views then I'm sure there would be a lot more people that wouldnt fly and would be blaming Bill Gates or the government for making air travel unsafe deliberately. Saying its all one big conspiracy to control the population blah blah blah
That's the problem with the modern technological age, the village idiots have learnt to use the Internet 🙈

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #443 on: 05 April 2021, 12:23:46 pm »
Probably because most people don't realise there is a risk from flying. If a bunch of numpty idiots started an online campaign warning against it and spreading overhyped reports with skewed views then I'm sure there would be a lot more people that wouldnt fly

Every time there's a dramatic plane or rail crash you get people saying "I'm not going to fly/ go by train, I'd prefer to drive".

What they don't realise is that the risks of dying in a car crash (the number of deaths per passenger mile ) are much greater than that of a train or plane, eg in 2019 there were 1,752 reported road deaths in the UK and 153,158 KSI casualties in reported road traffic accidents, but most of those are never headline news unless they're really spectacular.

This gives people a biased view of the facts, just as saying "There's been X many cases of blood clots from this vaccine" don't make clear that the odds are around one in a million, as opposed to the one in a thousand or shorter odds of having a serious/ fatal case of COVID.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #444 on: 05 April 2021, 12:45:49 pm »
:agree
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 05 April 2021, 06:09:15 pm »
Probably because most people don't realise there is a risk from flying. If a bunch of numpty idiots started an online campaign warning against it and spreading overhyped reports with skewed views then I'm sure there would be a lot more people that wouldnt fly

Every time there's a dramatic plane or rail crash you get people saying "I'm not going to fly/ go by train, I'd prefer to drive".

What they don't realise is that the risks of dying in a car crash (the number of deaths per passenger mile ) are much greater than that of a train or plane, eg in 2019 there were 1,752 reported road deaths in the UK and 153,158 KSI casualties in reported road traffic accidents, but most of those are never headline news unless they're really spectacular.

This gives people a biased view of the facts, just as saying "There's been X many cases of blood clots from this vaccine" don't make clear that the odds are around one in a million, as opposed to the one in a thousand or shorter odds of having a serious/ fatal case of COVID.

Add to that the chance of coincidence as well.
These same people may have been heading towards a blood clot for whatever reason anyway, and it's just coincidental that they happened to have a jab around the same time, so it's a perfect scapegoat to use.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 08 April 2021, 09:23:28 pm »
Heard immunity to be reached on Monday.-- Sky News  --- Real-time modelling carried out by University College London indicates the UK should pass the critical threshold where the proportion of people who have protection against the virus either through vaccination, previous infection or natural immunity will hit 73.4% on Monday, 12 April.

Meanwhile government ministers desperately trying to down play it.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2021, 09:40:43 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread
« Reply #447 on: 22 April 2021, 10:29:52 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:05:00 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 23 April 2021, 12:05:57 pm »

« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:05:18 pm by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 23 April 2021, 05:59:27 pm »
Got minor surgery on Tuesday, for long standing re-occurring Trigger Finger problem. Monday was booked at Donington for first trackday of the year, so when the surgery letter dropped into the letter box, I thought the planets were aligning nicely. Trackday then surgery. But no. Turns out ive to have a Covid swab on Saturday, then self isolate until Tuesdau morning. Ive cancelled the trackday and will re-book later once healed. Annoying thing is, I suspect some would have just ignored the isolation period and gone ahead with the trackday, but I'm doing it by the book