Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:09 am

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 145062 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #550 on: 22 February 2021, 08:22:59 pm »
Mmm, seems liked you’ve got it sorted. How do you fancy doing my belly pan for me, whilst you’ve got the gun out :lol

Gun? Rattle can more like.
Plenty of good finishes have been achieved using cans. Like most things, it's all down to the boring bit.....preparation. At least you've got some heat, which is key. I suppose I could leave my bellypan until summer and rattle can it, as finding a reliable sprayer who'll take on a small job, is quite difficult in my neck of the woods.

And tomorrow's mission is - empty the garage, re-carpet with one piece (instead of many pieces and lots of bodge tape), fix the main bench, refill the garage and continue.............
I've gotten the rack and rear box metalwork all sprayed, new rubber bungs ordered and the paint I ordered for the frame is a cracking match.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 23 February 2021, 11:55:24 am »
It's nice to get the garage all squared away neat and tidy. That doesn't happen often for me as I'm too much of a hoarder. My project has hit the buffers, waiting for a tool to remove the clutch cover bearing which needs to be removed prior to powder coating. The footrest hangers will be a bit of a gamble getting powder coated, due to the rubber bushes that might survive the oven heat. The firm I'm using have done them before and got away with it. Beginning to wish I hadn't started. :'( :'( :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 25 February 2021, 09:47:00 am »
"Beginning to wish I hadn't started.   "

Been there, done that, if I look hard enough, I've probably still got the T-Shirt  :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 26 February 2021, 07:53:49 pm »
So the blind bearing tool turned up. Heated up the clutch cover, gave it a go, and out came the bearing ,minus the outer roller cage. Deep joy. An hour with the Dremel finally got it out. Could have achieved that without the expense of the tool :wall . In the hands of the powder coater now, new bearing and seal ordered. Not cheap. Going to order the t-shirt tomorrow :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 26 February 2021, 08:24:27 pm »
So the blind bearing tool turned up. Heated up the clutch cover, gave it a go, and out came the bearing ,minus the outer roller cage. Deep joy. An hour with the Dremel finally got it out. Could have achieved that without the expense of the tool :wall . In the hands of the powder coater now, new bearing and seal ordered. Not cheap. Going to order the t-shirt tomorrow :lol

With all that exercise, calories burnt off, you'll only need a small t-shirt  :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 01 March 2021, 10:33:34 pm »

With all that exercise, calories burnt off, you'll only need a small t-shirt  :rollin :rollin :rollin
:lol  It’s a long time since I last got into a medium, let alone small :rollin :rollin

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 02 March 2021, 04:02:05 pm »

:lol  It’s a long time since I last got into a medium, let alone small :rollin :rollin

Haha lol - its been that long since I typed small, I had to google it, to spellcheck it!  :lol :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 04 March 2021, 10:37:37 am »
It’s amazing the amount of perfectly good riding kit that’s accumulated over the years between me and my mrs. , that seems to have shrunk in the wardrobe. Obviously should have got more upmarket wardrobes :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 05 March 2021, 11:32:25 am »
It’s amazing the amount of perfectly good riding kit that’s accumulated over the years between me and my mrs. , that seems to have shrunk in the wardrobe. Obviously should have got more upmarket wardrobes :lol

Haha tell me about it. We found two helmets in the storage unit the other day, been in there at least 6 years, never going to wear them again and one of them had her first pair of gloves in from 1987!

Gone now........ :lol :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 07 March 2021, 11:42:03 am »
Crash helmets certainly do take up a lot of space. Being a bit of a hoarder, I find it very difficult to aim stuff in the skip. Was the same with motorbikes. Couldn't sell anything because of sentimental value, until I got to the point of every one needing something. A tyre here a chain a there etc. So got rid of three of them and bought the Fazer. The rest as they say, is history. Still got a spare room full of crash helmets though :lol .

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 07 March 2021, 07:40:39 pm »
And I'm up for replacing mine this year, so that'll be another one "stored"  :'( :'(

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 09 March 2021, 08:20:56 pm »
And I'm up for replacing mine this year, so that'll be another one "stored"  :'( :'(
What’s on your shortlist?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 10 March 2021, 08:18:56 pm »
Caberg, flip front, in grey.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 11 March 2021, 04:16:06 pm »
Just a matter of looking for the best deal if you know your size then. My Arai, although coming up for 5 years old, is only used for pleasure riding, so doesn't get the constant use like when commuting. Being a staunch Arai user, I'd consider the new Quantic, when a change is due.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 11 March 2021, 07:40:14 pm »
Just a matter of looking for the best deal if you know your size then. My Arai, although coming up for 5 years old, is only used for pleasure riding, so doesn't get the constant use like when commuting. Being a staunch Arai user, I'd consider the new Quantic, when a change is due.

have you seen the new Ruroc?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 11 March 2021, 10:15:49 pm »

Wow, had to google that as had never heard of that make. Reminded me a little of the Simpson Bandit. I must admit there are quite a few good quality little known helmet makes, outside of the mainstream Arai/Shoei etc.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 12 March 2021, 09:51:26 am »

Wow, had to google that as had never heard of that make. Reminded me a little of the Simpson Bandit. I must admit there are quite a few good quality little known helmet makes, outside of the mainstream Arai/Shoei etc.

If it wasn't the cost/unknown history, I would be going for one. Needs a track record really.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 13 March 2021, 05:26:20 pm »
“Needs a track record”. Exactly. I remember, a good few years ago, a racer, an Arai fan, receiving a paid sponsorship to wear a little known make that no other racers were wearing. Having no knowledge of how it would perform, and not wanting to be a celebrity guinea pig, he logoed an Arai with the other brands signature logo. He felt safe and the sponsor got their tv exposure. Only problem would have been anyone wanting to buy that model of helmet, which obviously didn’t exist. Personal recommendation tends to go a long way with me.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 13 March 2021, 07:59:00 pm »
“Needs a track record”. Exactly. I remember, a good few years ago, a racer, an Arai fan, receiving a paid sponsorship to wear a little known make that no other racers were wearing. Having no knowledge of how it would perform, and not wanting to be a celebrity guinea pig, he logoed an Arai with the other brands signature logo. He felt safe and the sponsor got their tv exposure. Only problem would have been anyone wanting to buy that model of helmet, which obviously didn’t exist. Personal recommendation tends to go a long way with me.

:lol If only there were more like us - I'd be surprised if China would exist!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 14 March 2021, 03:35:05 pm »
The trouble with China, purchasingwise, is that so much known brand stuff is made there, even though you may believe you're buying a european/us product. It's quite disheartening when you've paid good money for a branded product, only to see Made in China, when you open the box. :'(

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 14 March 2021, 07:47:32 pm »
The trouble with China, purchasingwise, is that so much known brand stuff is made there, even though you may believe you're buying a european/us product. It's quite disheartening when you've paid good money for a branded product, only to see Made in China, when you open the box. :'(

I read an article earlier, where somebody had bought a "Lectek?" exhaust system. U.K. based company, but the product had been produced in China, on the cheap, then shipped halfway round the world to be sold as "British".  :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 14 March 2021, 10:43:39 pm »
No doubt on eBay you’ll be able to find a Lextek copy for a third of the price, that’s come out of the same factory. A pal bought an Akra copy with the link pipe, hanger and exhaust springs for £37 a year ago from China. It took about a month to be delivered, but is still going strong showing little signs of ageing. When you know it’s Chinese and is cheap, it’s sometimes worth the risk, because if it’s no good it’s in the bin. Rukka is always associated with Scandinavia, people believing that’s where it’s made. Their latest suit, the Kingsley, is £2,399.98 RRP. It does have a long guarantee, 5years I think, but it’s made in China. Imagine what the mark-up is on that :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #572 on: 14 March 2021, 10:54:47 pm »
The trouble with China, purchasingwise, is that so much known brand stuff is made there,

The difference is that, if you're buying direct from China, you've got very little comeback if the product is faulty.

You might get a refund,  but you've no legal right to it.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 15 March 2021, 07:31:28 pm »
The trouble with China, purchasingwise, is that so much known brand stuff is made there,

The difference is that, if you're buying direct from China, you've got very little comeback if the product is faulty.

Can I send Covid back then? Not bothered with a refund  :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 15 March 2021, 08:28:57 pm »

The point I was making is, buying directly from China, as you say, is very much getting what you pay for, and agree there's no chance of recompense if faulty etc. It's just very disappointing, after making a researched decision to buy a named make quality item, you find out it's made in China. Admittedly there will be a guarantee on the item, but the stigma of Made in China certainly takes the wind out of your sails, when you thought the item was made in the UK/Germany/USA etc.