Date: 18-04-24  Time: 13:08 pm

Author Topic: Samsung galaxy s6 phone  (Read 1946 times)

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Samsung galaxy s6 phone
« on: 13 July 2015, 04:59:21 pm »
Does anyone have the s6?? I need to upgrade and am really impressed with this phones spec, but have read a few non impressive user reviews. Can anyone give me some first hand feedback?? (sorry before anyone suggests I can't do apple Or ios)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Samsung galaxy s6 phone
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2015, 05:01:55 pm »
I cant give you 1st hand feedback but was looking at them myself last week. In the end I decided to go for the S5 or the HTC M8s. One generation behind the curve (all of about 6 months) but a much cheaper handset than the S6 or M9. I ended up getting the M8s which seems fine so far.

BTW, I did hear the other day from my son who is an Apple lemming that the S6 was suffering from the same bending issue that the iPhone 6 was suffering from .
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2015, 09:09:47 pm »
Must admit I would have had the m8 till I saw the s6. Come out....... Have looked at the m9 which I so think is amazing!! But pricey..... Maybe the m8 is still on the cards?.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2015, 09:15:48 pm »
I wouldn't have another HTC after having a sensation XL, desire HD, and one M7, had issues with all three.

I fancied the S6 after my M7, but my HTC bit the dust about a week before it came out and I ended up with an iPhone 6 instead.

Not a massive fan of the way Apple railroad you into certain things though so I think a return to android is inevitable in the future, if you like to setup your phone to suit you the androids are much better.

The only thing the HTC has (had) over the samsungs was that the build quality was nicer with the metal frame, but the S6 has that as well now....

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2015, 09:37:02 pm »
My last phone was a Sony Xperia and had no issues, good camera etc, android, system updates no problem. Never had any crashes or issues with phone.
Just upgraded and looked at S6 but went for the Xperia Z3+. Great spec and waterproof with a free set of headphones worth hundreds supposedly.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2015, 12:38:28 am »
I generally stick to what I like which has been Samsungs Galaxy range and I've never had a problem other than my friend slamming his car boot on my phone :(

The Galaxy S was good but ended up a bit low but I traded that in and got the S2 which was a great handset though the battery could have been better. I actually still have the S2 and it works perfectly well :) My current phone is the Note 3 - the screen size takes a bit of getting used to, but its a damn powerful handset and it's size allows it to accommodate a much better battery so it's a win-win situation :D I've had it 18 months and it's still going strong with no signs of age causing any performance issues.

No idea what I'll end up with next but I expect it would be the next Note, if and when my current one dies

mark g

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TY250 Trails bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2015, 05:13:28 am »
Just replaced my S3 with an LG G4, all good so far  :lol  I think all phones will start to play up as time goes by, 24 months is quite a long time to ask of a phone I think. My works phone is iphone and I hate it lol

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2015, 10:02:57 am »
My last phone was a Sony Xperia and had no issues, good camera etc, android, system updates no problem. Never had any crashes or issues with phone.
Just upgraded and looked at S6 but went for the Xperia Z3+. Great spec and waterproof with a free set of headphones worth hundreds supposedly.
I have the Z1 which is playing up now (memory constantly at full limit) was interested in the Z3+ but there's reports of it being very buggy- any noticeable software problems?
Some say...

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2015, 08:59:22 pm »
I have the Z1 which is playing up now (memory constantly at full limit) was interested in the Z3+ but there's reports of it being very buggy- any noticeable software problems?
I have had no issues so far, performed like my z but faster.

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2015, 05:24:06 pm »
I'm now actually thinking about getting the z3 compact, seems to do everything I want and it appears they have sorted most of the bugs from the bigger z3.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2015, 06:28:12 pm »
I generally stick to what I like which has been Samsungs Galaxy range and I've never had a problem other than my friend slamming his car boot on my phone :(

The Galaxy S was good but ended up a bit low but I traded that in and got the S2 which was a great handset though the battery could have been better. I actually still have the S2 and it works perfectly well :) My current phone is the Note 3 - the screen size takes a bit of getting used to, but its a damn powerful handset and it's size allows it to accommodate a much better battery so it's a win-win situation :D I've had it 18 months and it's still going strong with no signs of age causing any performance issues.

No idea what I'll end up with next but I expect it would be the next Note, if and when my current one dies

Would've said the same about the S2 until today it decided not to recognise my SD card.  :'(
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.