Date: 24-05-24  Time: 09:14 am

Author Topic: New House, New Neighbours, Same Old Moans!  (Read 6946 times)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
New House, New Neighbours, Same Old Moans!
« on: 14 September 2012, 03:12:37 pm »
So I've moved house to a nicer area, similar sized property but with a side and rear access road for garages at the rear of the properties in my street, the adjacent street and the street behind.

My house did have a garage orginally but it had been knocked down and replaced with a falling apart large shed and a breeze block wall that Stevie Wonder built. In the dark. Wearing sunglasses. With one hand playing the piano - you get the idea.

I get some quotes and pick one and the builder starts work, almost immediately they get a visit from the local Granny Mafia:

GM: 'Wot's going on here then, what's that going to be, have you got planning permisison for that?'

So the answers are: We are building a garage, it's going to be a garage, don't need planning permission, checked with the council, anything else love?

GM: 'I'll be back' I was tempted to put here that her eyes glowed red and she stomped off leaving dents in the ground, but it was more of a shuffle with one hand on her bloomers to keep them up.

So on the builders go and down comes the old wall and shed and up goes the new brick built garage walls.

Next visit from Granny Mafia, this time a bloke who looks like he's been dug up:

GM DUB 'Your builders have piled up dirt outside my back wall'

Me: 'OK mate lets take a look then'

He shows me a stack of dirt up against his back wall in the same access road about 20 yards further down and thus 20 yards away from the 2 skips that the builders are filling up with excavated dirt etc. When I look I can see that this dirt is dry as a bone, caked up and cracked with huge weeds growing through it, clearly having been there some years.

I point this out to him and he immediately counters with: 'I've lived here 30 years and no one has ever had anything done down here, you can't use this road anway, it's only for the bungalows)

I say: 'Well on my deeds and local search that I have read and just completed, it clearly states that the side and rear access roads serve all properties in these 3 roads for access to garages and remain unadopted and unmaintained by the Council, it also states that ownership is wholly shared by all property owners whose properties are adjacent to the access road.'

GM (Dug up bloke) 'No it doesn't'

Me: Mate I've just told you what is says on my deeds, please don't tell me it doesn't say that, I've read it.

GM DUB: No it doesn't say that, you want to read them again, you can't use this road it's just for the bungalows.

Me 'Mate, you don't even have a garage so how does this affect you? I can assure you the access road is for all the houses otherwise why would these houses next to mine have garages?'

GM DUB: 'No they don't, none of them have garages, this is just for the bunglows.'

Me: 'What?!! You can see right there, this one has a garage and that one has a garage and that one down there, that bloke uses his everyday for his motorbike'

GM DUB: 'No he doesn't, these people all can't use this road, it's for the bungalows only'

Me: 'You are really trying my patience now mate, as you're old I'm being polite but please go away now and don't keep bothering my builders as when you stop them working it's costing me money'

GM DUB: 'You can't use this access road it's not for you it's for the bungalows only'

Me: 'Enough now, just go away'

So Dug Up Bloke shuffles off still mumbling about deeds and access and bungalows, definitely very unhappy.

So then the builder tells me about another visit they had from another neighbour who berated them as 'her husband had to park in the street last night' He tells me that she said as they had dug the footings for the garage wall and left the trench to cure overnight full of concrete, this guy decides he can't drive down the access road in case he drives into the trench, never mind the trench is a few inches further in on my property than the previous leaning out wall was, so he has got more room than before!

Anyway building work carries on and the next day another Granny Mafia member turns up, this time it's an old girl who incredulously enough looks older than the previous two visitors - we must be near Il Capo dei Capi by now or they'll be using a ouji board to speak!

So GM Capo opens with, 'You can't use that garage for cars'

Me: 'Sorry love, why not?'

GM Capo: 'Well the houses on this side of the road (points to her side) own 2 meters of the access road and the houses on your side own 1 metre of the access road, so if you drive a car down here you're driving on my property'

Me: (Trying not to giggle) 'Where did you get that information from love?'

GM Capo: 'I've lived here 47 years' (I kid you not, she looked like she'd lived UNDER it for 45 of those years), 'No one has ever done anything down here' (Ah, this sounds familiar), 'Anyway it says that on my deeds'.

Me: 'On your deeds eh? So how long have you had those then? 'cos mine are new and up to date'

GM Capo: 'I've lived here 47 years and I've had my deeds all that time, this road is just for the bungalows, these houses have got no right'

Me: 'Your deeds are 47 years old and they measure the ownership share in metres? That shows some forward thinking' (This goes right over her grey haired head).

GM Capo: 'You can't use it for a garage, you can't drive down here'

Me: 'What about all the other people on this side that use their garages accessed by this road'

GM Capo: 'No they don't'

Me: 'No they don't what'

GM Capo: 'Use garages'

Me: 'Yes they do, there's several garages right in front of you'

GM Capo: 'No there isn't'

Me: 'Oh dear, I think I see where this is going, sorry love you need to go away now, we need to get building'

GM Capo: 'Well you can't use it, it's just for the bungalows'

Me: 'Bye love' turns back and goes in.

It seems that no matter where you go, how hard you try, there's always someone who wants to f**k up your little bit of happiness simply because they have nothing better to do.  :rolleyes

Khaotik

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: New House, New Neighbours, Same Old Moans!
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2012, 03:25:41 pm »
Thats funny.  Thanks for the Friday laughs  :lol

I thought I had it bad that my retired neighbours moan if my front lawn gets a tad long.  When I politely explain that I am not retired and use sunny off days to do things other than garden work they shuffle along.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2012, 04:10:14 pm »
2 options :

1. Nod the head and give lip service any time they say something (Yes Dear, No dear, 3 bags full dear)

or

2. Take them inside the house and give them a damn good rogering!!!! then they wont be able to walk to your for at least a week
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2012, 04:13:50 pm »
NIMBY's, got to love it.

Anyway, thought we could build what the F- we wanted to, according to the government!

chilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2012, 04:15:47 pm »
they didn't fight jerry for the likes of you blah blah blah :lol

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2012, 04:39:42 pm »
Now you know it's because they've nothing better to do. lol
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

DanielT

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 September 2012, 04:40:00 pm »
ask them if they are auditioning for a monty python sketch?  "yes it is" "no it isn't"

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2012, 05:59:18 pm »
I'm amazed at your self control and patience. I'm afraid I wouldn't have shown the same amount of neighbourly consideration - then again I'm a c*nt.  :evil

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2012, 08:05:53 pm »
I'm amazed at your self control and patience. I'm afraid I wouldn't have shown the same amount of neighbourly consideration - then again I'm a c*nt.  :evil
i wold have told them to fuck off

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2012, 08:11:57 pm »
I can imagine how frustrating that must've been but was good to read  :lol :lol :lol
i wold have told them to fuck off
Not very eloquent, but it'd probably work  :D

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 September 2012, 08:21:52 pm »
GM Capo: 'Well the houses on this side of the road (points to her side) own 2 meters of the access road and the houses on your side own 1 metre of the access road, so if you drive a car down here you're driving on my property'

Well if they wish to go that route I might get a post out and hammer it in at my 1 metre rear boundary no problem to any motorcyclists. LOL

Perhaps as ride outds have been thin on the ground this year we could all make your garage a tea stop one day and meet your new neighbours. Makes an interesting thought.

Fatherbiker

• DAS Born Again
  • My cat climbed in and sat looking at me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 September 2012, 08:28:15 pm »
That was absolutely brilliant mate. I would have lost the plot and told them to mind their own business (just not that politely) :lol :lol :lol :lol
Live life, Love life.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 September 2012, 08:35:28 pm »
well written streetbudgie.... :rollin :rollin :rollin ....defo old friends who dont like change , with nothing else to do ganging up on the new bloke............stick with it matey and dont forget to post a piccy of the finished garage  ;)       oh... and one of your new friends as i need something to pin on the dart board  :rollin :rollin :rollin
One, is never going to be enough.....

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 September 2012, 09:41:10 pm »
Sounds very similar to when I had my extension built. Pure jealousy and 'disliking change'. They'll get over it. Invite them over when it's done and give them cake and stuff. I'm sure it'll blow over. <ahem>

Mine blew over when I threatened to paint the side of my house pink so they'd have to look at it...every...single...day. It went quiet then :)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 September 2012, 10:04:24 pm »
we had some from`gran` next door from the time we moved in until about 2 yrs ago.....guess what.....old bat went senile and family shipped the beast out to care home. dead in 6 months.........and you guessed it...the bloody sun has shone on us ever since :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin i wish :'( :'( :lol :lol :lol

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 September 2012, 10:30:57 am »
Post of the week i reckon
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2012, 10:31:26 am »
"No it isn't"
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

UG

• Bitch Dungle.
  • GP Hero
  • DaveG is a moron
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TIGER 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 September 2012, 11:45:43 am »
Just tell them your going to have satanic pictures painted on it when it's up.  Tell them, "It's not for access it's for my druids friends so they can have ritual sacrifices in private without having to do them in the park."
DaveG is..... The Deer Hunter

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 September 2012, 11:58:55 am »
Reminds me of my ongoing battles with the old farts in a flat I bought.

Amongst the "complaints" were................. you can't have a waste disposal unit in your sink. TAKE IT OUT! (I didn't have one BTW).............. followed by the bloke upstairs accusing me of blocking his sink?? The fact that mine drained perfectly was lost on him......................... you can't paint your front door that colour (correction. Yes I can and have)............ you can't have BBQs here (same correction)............. you can't dry blankets on the balcony (agreed. This is a rug)................ etc.etc.etc ad nauseam.

I moved.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 September 2012, 12:00:42 pm »

Just brilliant, Streetbudgie. :rollin 
If they're going to inspire more writing like this, then long may your neighbours continue to be a complete and utter pain in the arse. :lol

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2012, 09:26:34 pm »
tell them you wont need there 2mtrs of the road cos your hover car doesnt touch the ground !

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 September 2012, 12:25:10 am »
The joys of the local granny mafia talking bollocks.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #22 on: 16 September 2012, 08:10:46 pm »
When I bought my flat (prior to getting my current house) the Freeholder said that if I wanted to keep my bicycle in the shed at the bottom of the garden he was going to charge me £10 a month rental.

So I looked at the leasehold deeds and responded that they said that they gave me a half-share in the shed and unless he had anything to prove otherwise, I was going to put it in there and not pay for the privilege.

Never heard another peep out of the bloody chancer! :D

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2012, 10:28:27 am »
Very disappointed over the weekend as there were no visits from the GM, perhaps there was a charabang outing to Southend for them to collect their protection money.

I will be very annoyed if they start on the builders again today though as they have had all weekend to approach me and I have been very visible doing stuff in the garden and round the house.

I won't be so sympathetic this time and may have to send the boys round - a quick divvie up of £50 round the working mens club should recruit some muscle and arthritis to set on the GM.

It could be Benidorm scooters and walking sticks at dawn.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2012, 11:12:54 am »
You should have told them it was going to be a halfway house for criminals who pray on the elderly.
thou shalt not kick