Date: 28-04-24  Time: 12:46 pm

Author Topic: DVLA reminders  (Read 3062 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
DVLA reminders
« on: 24 March 2015, 06:59:43 pm »
These may not be being sent out now. I certainly don't recall getting one for my bike last month. It was only because I used the following link to check when the MOT expired I found out the tax had expired.

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/Default.aspx
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA reminders
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2015, 07:33:22 pm »
I didn't have one for my car, untaxed for 3 months lol, did I pay back tax lol, no way hoseay. are the still supposed to send them still,?
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2015, 07:40:47 pm »
They actually state you may get a reminder or you may not. The responsibility is with the individual
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 08:47:20 pm »
I used the following link to check when the MOT expired I found out the tax had expired.

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/Default.aspx

Useful site! I've just added reminders for these in June :thumbup

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2015, 08:50:08 pm »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2015, 11:17:08 pm »
You are still meant to get a paper reminder (V11) in the post. I would imagine not getting one isn't an excuse though.
"To drive or keep a vehicle on the road you will still need to get vehicle tax and DVLA will still send you a V11 or V85/1 renewal reminder when your vehicle tax is due to expire. This applies to all types of vehicles including those that are exempt from payment of vehicle tax or have a nil rate of Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)."
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2015, 06:20:53 am »
You are still meant to get a paper reminder (V11) in the post. I would imagine not getting one isn't an excuse though.
"To drive or keep a vehicle on the road you will still need to get vehicle tax and DVLA will still send you a V11 or V85/1 renewal reminder when your vehicle tax is due to expire. This applies to all types of vehicles including those that are exempt from payment of vehicle tax or have a nil rate of Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)."
If the thinking behind abolition of paper discs was to save costs then why dont they send email reminder"VED due" to registered keeper to save more postage cost?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2015, 06:48:55 am »
If the thinking behind abolition of paper discs was to save costs then why dont they send email reminder"VED due" to registered keeper to save more postage cost?

Or even a text will do.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2015, 08:36:10 am »
I got caught out by this too. I knew my car tax was end of December but I bought my cage as an ex demonstrator so didn't know when it was orginally registered. I had been waiting for a MOT reminder last year & in November we were talking in office bout tax reminders etc and someone said that they don't send MOT reminders out any more..
checked on that link & sure enough cage should've been MOT'd in May!!! :eek :eek
quick call to local garage & got it done that day but i'd been driving without MOT for 6 months!! therefore no tax or insurance as invalid without MOT!! 22k miles .. phew i was lucky!! at least i won't forget again!!

as for tax  I pay monthly on bike so as long as i have it MOT'd i'm covered ( and thats due day before my birthday so wont forget that lol)
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!