Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:17 am

Author Topic: Do you get nicked if you use a dark tinted visor in england ??  (Read 10707 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Do you get nicked if you use a dark tinted visor in england ??
« Reply #25 on: 13 June 2013, 03:25:49 pm »
Or my Schuberth with a flip down internal visor !

Sure, *if* they'll fit your head shape.

I tried both the Schuberth and Caberg lids with the sun visors, but they just didn't fit me.

Bazza1366

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - push bike !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 June 2013, 10:04:29 pm »
 8) I would say No.....as long as its day light, there seems to be a lot of tinted visors nowadays, and other tints, so i would say you'd be ok,
Livin' the dream

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 June 2013, 11:29:39 pm »
You know the law.   So it's up to you.  I used a black visor on an arai race helmet,  in the summer, but it was a pain when the clouds came out.  I got a flipdown sunglass type thing, which worked much better.  One of the RS helmets =  schuberth copy.  Most comfy lid I've had,  with bluetooth as well.
But to be honest,  the best solution I found was the (can't remember the name) stick on,  uv activated jobby that darkens to a blue color when the sun breaks, and fades to a slight smoked tint when it doesnt.  I can't remember the name as I had a new visor sent over by my folks and told them to go to crossans in newry and just ask for a visor for whatever agv it was, and stick that thing on that goes dark!!

Dark visors are just a pain in the UK.  Just no guarantee of any Sun,  never mind too much!!!!

Head Focced