Date: 01-05-24  Time: 09:25 am

Author Topic: Hiring a Gen 1 Thou end of Oct in Phuket, Thailand  (Read 1102 times)

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hiring a Gen 1 Thou end of Oct in Phuket, Thailand
« on: 13 September 2013, 12:07:35 pm »
I hired this bike last year. Hopefully it will be available when I go tho Phuket, Thailand late this Oct.
Last year it had very new Rosso II's when I hired it for a week. Wonder what they look like now or what's on it  :eek

Great colour scheme Yellow/Black

where does the muffler go?

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: Hiring a Gen 1 Thou end of Oct in Phuket, Thailand
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2013, 01:23:06 pm »
I hired a V-Max in Koh Samui .......it had no brakes   :lol
Its just a ride

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2013, 04:24:02 pm »
I hired this bike last year. Hopefully it will be available when I go tho Phuket, Thailand late this Oct.

If it hasn't been written off by a Russian nutcase in the meantime. I was in Thailand for a couple of months this year and it seemed I couldn't open a copy of the Bangkok Post without reading reports of a Rusky getting killed on a large bike in the resorts, it would be no exaggeration to say that a dozen of these lunatics are killed every month, usually in Pattaya or Phuket.
 Me, I stick to a Honda Wave, any speed over 45mph is lethal in most parts of Thailand.

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2013, 07:40:28 am »

If it hasn't been written off by a Russian nutcase in the meantime. I was in Thailand for a couple of months this year and it seemed I couldn't open a copy of the Bangkok Post without reading reports of a Rusky getting killed on a large bike in the resorts, it would be no exaggeration to say that a dozen of these lunatics are killed every month, usually in Pattaya or Phuket.
 Me, I stick to a Honda Wave, any speed over 45mph is lethal in most parts of Thailand.

I hear what you're saying.  The mainland over the bridge from Phuket is fairly safe on the highways same with up north Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai and further up. Other highways I've experienced there are utter chaos and many a time I held my breath![/size]
The Fazer with a bit of power when you need it was reassuring.
The one I hired was well maintained. Unlike a Hornet 900 I had for a day with throttle tube damaged and wobbly, NO rear brake, shocks felt like the springs were missing, a guy at the lights pointing down to steaming water  squirting from a lower hose then nursing it back to the guy stopping a few times for the temp gauge to go back a bit. 71KMS on the clock still with a tonne of power I think they are unstoppable just hard on the rear end unlike
the Fazers, all day no probs :lol
« Last Edit: 16 September 2013, 07:41:39 am by Camshaft »
where does the muffler go?