Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:10 pm

Author Topic: GPR End Can  (Read 842 times)

Stupid Luke

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM Superduke R
    • View Profile
GPR End Can
« on: 26 April 2014, 08:34:59 pm »
Anybody had any experience with GPR exhausts? I am thinking about the GPE can in titanium and carbon.

Otherwise what is the recommended end can for these bikes? Preferably not a round can, shorter than the std can but not silly short.

Any ideas?

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
Re: GPR End Can
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2014, 09:17:52 pm »
Never had one, but they look nice. A few guys have had them on the aprilia forum and they seem to like them. Mivv do a nice range also.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: GPR End Can
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2014, 10:21:40 pm »
I've had 4 different cans on mine over the years.  A Blueflame twin-outlet oval in stainless ... looks matched the bike well and sounded good.  Then I scored another Blueflame, a tri-oval titanium job which never looked right on the Fazer, IMHO. 

After that, a Mivv GP in carbon - great sound, not too loud with the baffle in, and matched the rest of the bike's style nicely.

Now it's got the oval Akra titanium - part of the full system exhaust - which is about 2" shorter because I had to modify it after a minor mishap.  I like it best of all.

I think the older style cans works best with the Fazer, which is itself a well-old design now.  The more modern hexagonals and other cut/slash-styled cans look out of place but that could just be me being a bluff old traditionalist :lol