Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:10 pm

Author Topic: AllYearBiker - product plug  (Read 1704 times)

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
AllYearBiker - product plug
« on: 06 October 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
I had my '04 gen1 treated last weekend by Roy and Baz who came over to Ireland and I have to say I am seriously impressed. Of course the bike was spotless when they finished but I expected that so no great surprise there, but the weather has been less then the best here in Ireland recently and when I got home last night my bike was manky again (I commute 35 miles a day on rural roads).  Two minutes with the garden hose and it was spotless. We will see if that lasts all winter, but 1st impressions are that was money very well spent.

Rehab

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: AllYearBiker - product plug
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2011, 01:56:47 pm »
How much did you pay and how long did it all take? Anything that can allow me to be even lazier sounds fab!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2011, 03:13:45 pm »
had it done last year and although i toped it up by hand in some of the most exposed areas every couple months (spray can on to a rag and quick wipe over) it realy mad a big diff in to how fast the bike falls apart :P

mine is kept outside and used on and off all year round, i live not only in a sea side town but 30 yrds from a sand / salty beach. think road grit all year round as when its windy i sometimes have to dig the bike out lol

i wish i could afford to get it done again this year but cant.
highly recomend it to anyone thinking about it though.

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2011, 12:36:45 pm »
I am not sure but I think it was about €60 but that may have been as part of a group deal and it took about 1.5 ~ 2 hours.

Rehab

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2011, 11:37:52 pm »
Sounds worth it!

I had a Triumph Bonneville a couple of years ago, one trip post xmas  out I forgot to clean the rims off and they went brown and mushy! Never the same again...