Date: 30-04-24  Time: 19:48 pm

Author Topic: Modifications Section  (Read 6275 times)

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Modifications Section
« on: 08 April 2014, 12:37:32 am »
Is there a section on this site where we can go for tech info about modifications folk have done to their Fazers ? If there is, I can't seem to find it.

It would be good to have a section where we can go to source info on common modifications like the R6 (or other) shock mods and R1 (or other) front end conversions with the relevant parts listed so its easier to source the correct model year parts and work involved for those thinking about performing such a modification.

I know there is a sticky in the Gen 1 section regarding the R6 shock mod but it would be nice to have all the info in one place.

Any info regarding any modification would be worthy of note from which brakepads work best through to different wheels, seats, handlebars etc etc.

Modifications regarding any model in the Fazer family should be welcomed. That way it would save using the useless 'search' function. I personally can never seem to find the info I am after using this method. However, I am particularly useless with computers.

Admin ???
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Modifications Section
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2014, 01:11:33 am »
I believe that is the intention of the "hot poop" page (which can be found on the navigation bar). Perhaps it does require updating though..

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2014, 02:59:02 pm »
I believe that is the intention of the "hot poop" page (which can be found on the navigation bar). Perhaps it does require updating though..

No kidding. I had a look in there and its a bit sparce to say the least  :\

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2014, 03:51:51 pm »
A section of the forum would be cool, project build threads could go in there too.
The Deef's apprentice

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2014, 08:59:50 pm »

Well why not get together and update it? Christo, you're a tech preson, how about handling the 'editing the Wiki' side of things?

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2014, 09:33:25 pm »

Well why not get together and update it? Christo, you're a tech preson, how about handling the 'editing the Wiki' side of things?

Because I got this when I clicked the Hot Poop tab?

Strict Standards:  Declaration of Auth_SMF::modifyUITemplate() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::modifyUITemplate(&$template, &$type) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php on line 466

Strict Standards:  Declaration of Auth_SMF::initUser() should be compatible with AuthPlugin::initUser(&$user, $autocreate = false) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php on line 466

Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php:466) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/includes/WebResponse.php on line 48

Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php:466) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/includes/WebResponse.php on line 48

Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php:466) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/includes/WebResponse.php on line 16

Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_SMF.php:466) in /home/gareth/public_html/wiki/includes/WebResponse.php on line 16

The Deef's apprentice

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2014, 10:11:41 pm »
A section of the forum would be cool, project build threads could go in there too.

Let's hope yours isn't the only project then Christo, for that would make another sparse section  ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2014, 10:17:35 pm »

Let's hope yours isn't the only project then Christo, for that would make another sparse section  ;)

Nonsense!

If you want to make a donation to speed up the build process, I wouldn't say no: I have a long shopping list!  :lol :lol

Was drooling over pics of the Ducati 916 earlier... may take a bit of inspiration from that... which means I might want to get the Skidmarxx full fairing (£130  :( ), and mod it. For the time being, I'm sticking with the stock Fazer front fairing.
The Deef's apprentice

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2014, 10:26:43 pm »
Probably best.
After all you need to source The pigs ear to stand any chance of making the miracle  8) 

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 April 2014, 10:28:07 pm »
Seriously though, getting back on topic. If enough foccers think this is a good idea who is able to update the forum and introduce a section like this ??? I have seen a section on another site headed 'Tech and Restoration' which covers modifications and how they are done. Surely its a winner. Can one of our worthy site moderators do such a thing ?

The 1st sticky thread would obviously have to be Luke's R6 shock Mod due to the number of people have done it and the number of questions that get asked about it. Not unlike the R1 front end conversion etc. I just think it would be good to have all this info in a dedicated section. It would also save a lot of needless questions.

Admin/Moderators/anyone ???

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 April 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
I mentionned this to Farjo many, many moons back: his reponse was that a similar section was there in the old Yuku boards, but that it very quickly ran  out of momentum, tumbleweed style.

He has replied about "Hot Poop", but not yet about the error I keep seeing.
The Deef's apprentice

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 April 2014, 10:39:46 pm »
How could it run out of momentum ? It would be a section dedicated to Fazer modifications and restoration that people seem to be doing all the time on this forum.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2014, 10:48:18 pm »
actually, the hot poop section is not working for me either now Christo, same errors as you are seeing. it needs to be an admin that makes such changes to the site Lez (i.e. adding another forum section for modifications).

if the hot poop section were working, and editable by normal members (which i think it is?), theres no reason that couldnt be used to build up a large resource for modifications etc.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2014, 09:11:24 am »
That's odd - hot poop is working for me as administrator, as a guest and as a regular member. Can you both try again, maybe refresh caches and such like?

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2014, 09:15:57 am »
Hot poop works for me too...

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2014, 09:38:25 am »
Working for me on a different computer today, maybe it is a cache issue right enough.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2014, 02:57:45 pm »
I did the mods section on the old forum.  Set up an index that was a picture of the FZS600 that you could click on an area and it'd go through to a thread focussed on that area.  Had mods like the headlight mod (actually a link to hot poop) and loads of aftermarket accessories.

Took me ages over a period of time.  Was a great resources but was pretty static as the newer bikes came out and new stuff for the ole faithful stopped being made.  It then started including threads for those who smell of wee too.

Now FZS 600s are cheap I guess the focus would be project bikes rather than bolt ons.

Content is still online:
http://fazerowners.yuku.com/forums/13?page=45#.U0VRH6hdXy0

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile

the voices

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2014, 09:36:00 pm »
just what ive been looking for thanks wayne                                       
I did the mods section on the old forum.  Set up an index that was a picture of the FZS600 that you could click on an area and it'd go through to a thread focussed on that area.  Had mods like the headlight mod (actually a link to hot poop) and loads of aftermarket accessories.

Took me ages over a period of time.  Was a great resources but was pretty static as the newer bikes came out and new stuff for the ole faithful stopped being made.  It then started including threads for those who smell of wee too.

Now FZS 600s are cheap I guess the focus would be project bikes rather than bolt ons.

Content is still online:
http://fazerowners.yuku.com/forums/13?page=45#.U0VRH6hdXy0

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 April 2014, 02:03:49 am »
I must say if done right it could be a benefit. I'm actually having a tough time looking using search for info that I know is out there in the world of foc-u

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 April 2014, 06:45:55 pm »
I must say if done right it could be a benefit. I'm actually having a tough time looking using search for info that I know is out there in the world of foc-u

That's my point. Come on foccers, lets make things easier on ourselves  ;)

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2014, 09:06:40 pm »
Sounds good to me, would have helped me no end :)

Barrie

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2014, 07:07:53 am »
There are also model specific and general "how to" guides under the article banner too.