Date: 30-04-24  Time: 14:03 pm

Author Topic: Insurance or accept cash to repair it myself?  (Read 10843 times)

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
Re: Insurance or accept cash to repair it myself?
« Reply #75 on: 28 June 2017, 08:22:39 pm »
The line the insurance company takes is that as it was not your fault, they wont reduce your discount (no-claims) but as you were aft enough to be in the place you were to get hit by someone else you are obviously a higher risk as you might do it again so load your premium.

Barstewards

Not the policy in my country, but, from my knowledge and experience, it does make some sense. A good driver/rider is one who is aware of other people's mistakes and avoids an accident. Riding bicycle in my city, I could get hit by a car every day, without it being my fault.

Would lots of such riders make drives more careful? Probably.
Would they quickly drain insurance companies' funds? Definitely.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Insurance or accept cash to repair it myself?
« Reply #76 on: 29 June 2017, 08:48:13 am »
Sounds like your insurance companies are not just in it for the money. Over here, they see drivers/riders as cash cows. Insurance is mandatory for all drivers/riders so they charge a fortune for it. Any excuse they can make up for increasing what the charge is used.
At renewal time, if you dont check, they will routinely hike up the premium in the hope you will just automatically renew without checking elsewhere. Almost all teh time you can get a quote from your existing company for significantly less than they offered you,as a loyal customer, to stay with them in the first place. Barstewards.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again