Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:22 pm

Author Topic: Congtratulations to spoiler motogp sorry for letting cat out of the bag earlier  (Read 9122 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Oh dont you worry about them aliens I have already caught them steeling my petrol ----------proof

They're not trying to steal your petrol :(
They're trying to change the colour to red to make it faster :rollin :rollin
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
i think we have done well not to stray off topic here  :rollin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Ok I think I am getting there with a little help from my friends in the picture
So I now got Lucy winning the world tits
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
sounds about perfect  :)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
I thought Rossi had lost the plot and the pressure was too much for him when he started bashing on Marquez being corrupt towards Lorenzo, but the more I re-watch the events in the final races I'm starting to wonder. Today has sealed it for me that Marquez deliberately denied Rossi. I watched the race and the whole time just thought, what is he doing he clearly has the pace to keep up why isn't he showing him a wheel like he usually does? The embarrassing point was at the end when Pedrosa quite blatantly showed Lorenzo was struggling for pace when he made up 2.5 seconds in the final few laps. He then passes Marquez with a great move who instantly has the pace to fight back at him and hold him at bay whilst his pal Lorenzo is off down the road a bit more. Feel sorry how it has ended, amazing season with some of the best racing I have ever seen. I would have been far less suspicious if Marquez had passed Lorenzo who would then have finished 2nd in the race but won the title with the more race wins. Either way, Rossi did all he could today and I'm glad that Yamaha have had a brilliant year throughout and hope Rossi can come back stronger in possibly his final season next year.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
All the talk about Rossi and next season being his last? Were is that coming from Rossi will continue to race Moto GP until he feels he is no longer competitive. Or he no longer can command a competitive bike.
Greatest racer of all time RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
I thought Rossi had lost the plot and the pressure was too much for him when he started bashing on Marquez being corrupt towards Lorenzo, but the more I re-watch the events in the final races I'm starting to wonder. Today has sealed it for me that Marquez deliberately denied Rossi. I watched the race and the whole time just thought, what is he doing he clearly has the pace to keep up why isn't he showing him a wheel like he usually does? The embarrassing point was at the end when Pedrosa quite blatantly showed Lorenzo was struggling for pace when he made up 2.5 seconds in the final few laps. He then passes Marquez with a great move who instantly has the pace to fight back at him and hold him at bay whilst his pal Lorenzo is off down the road a bit more. Feel sorry how it has ended, amazing season with some of the best racing I have ever seen. I would have been far less suspicious if Marquez had passed Lorenzo who would then have finished 2nd in the race but won the title with the more race wins. Either way, Rossi did all he could today and I'm glad that Yamaha have had a brilliant year throughout and hope Rossi can come back stronger in possibly his final season next year.

totally agree with you, and so did Neil Hodgson!
It was pretty obvious that Marquez was protecting Lorenzo's position, not even trying to pass him and then preventing Pedrosa from getting up to Lorenzo towards the end.
I know Rossi had a mountain to climb in that race but he would have won the championship had the Hondas pushed past.
To be fair though, Lorenzo rode a great race and congratulations must go to him.

Let's hope that next season will be as thrilling despite the changes that are coming.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
I'm glad there are changes being introduced, the racing over the last few seasons has become more predictable that Formula 1, and I'd go as far as saying I found F1 more enjoyable at many circuits.

For me the bikes have become so fast that most tracks have become one line circuits, you only have to watch Moto2 to see the difference in racing, its not because the racers have a screw loose, its the lower out right speeds that allow 3 or 4 bikes to all be  all fighting for the same piece of tarmac going into a turn. Also if you have been following racing since the 80's you'll remember riders being able to easily bridge the gap to the rider in front if they made a small mistake on the previous corner, the bikes were nasty twitchy over powered twostrokes but the abundance of power ment you could stand the bike up, fire it out of the turn and be back fighting for the lead by the next corner, these days you loose half a second it may take three laps to get back.

I don't know the answer but I'd start be removing all the electronics apart from the essentials, leave the power delivery to the rider, they'll still have well over 200bhp but putting it down will rely on skill not electronics
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say Moto GP is predictable when compared to F1, I follow both closely and this years F1 season has been utterly dull with maybe 2 or 3 decent races. Moto GP this year with the exception of about 3 or 4 races has been outstanding. The race at Philip Island was the best I personally have seen since some of the great battles like Rossi vs Lorenzo at Catalunya in 2009 or Rossi battling Stoner. I haven't watched any of the old stuff, I only got into it in about 2008 when I was 15 but you can't really say that Moto GP has become predictable. Since I have been watching it there has been at least 2 top tier teams, so at least 4 riders able to fight it out for victory. Chuck in variable weather conditions and you bring more riders into play. This season, especially at the start, Ducati were starting to look fairly strong again and Suzuki did well considering their lack of power. F1 is literally Mercedes and then everyone else. I enjoyed F1 more last year for the first half of the season because Marquez winning everything bored me, but as it stands currently F1 is far more boring and predictable than Moto GP hence why F1 is in crisis and requiring a major overhaul.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Marquez riding shotgun for Lorenzo?? Marquez knew how far Rossi was behind, it was on Lorenzo's & Pedrosa's pitboard. Marquez isn't thick, he would know even if he got past Lorenzo, Lorenzo would win the title. So why not just go for the win? Answer, he couldn't.  Didn't have the tyre left? Didn't want to risk a dodgy pass on another Spaniard, in Spain, at the last round and take him out? Pedrosa cocked his plan up? He overtook him then ran wide, easy pass back for Marquez but lost some time. Great last lap from Lorenzo, covered any possible pass.

Marquez and Crutchow were complaining Friday the front tyre wouldn't last. Pedrosa did a great job of managing his tyres, his pace hardly dropped all race. Lorenzo and Marquez' pace dropped at the end, like it normally does.
Lorenzo got another lights to flag win, he has done that several times.

Lorenzo 7 wins
Marquez 5 wins
Rossi 4 wins.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Ok, I got to see it etc etc

But can't figure out why Rossi was at the back?
Can someone enlighten me please?
Colin
----------------------

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile

Really where have you been for the last 2 weeks?

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

Ha ha, let's just say I've been a bit busy with family :(
Colin
----------------------

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
I know Rossi had a mountain to climb in that race but he would have won the championship had the Hondas pushed past.

So let me get this straight, Rossi didn't win the title cos the Hondas didn't win the race.

So it's Danni and Marc's fault that Rossi isn't quicker than Lorenzo?

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile

Ha ha, let's just say I've been a bit busy with family :(

Basically Rossi got the penalty from a previous race where he may or may not have caused another rider to crash

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
No, Rossi didn't win the title because he got caught up in a personal battle with Marquez in the previous race. Honda saying he "kicked him off" is pathetic. He also got caught up in some weird battle with Lorenzo a few races back where they were playing a weird "who can stay out the longest on intermediates on a drying track" game that cost him as he finished 5th. He had to start from the back for his Marquez incident and Lorenzo had it easy. Lorenzo did a great qualifying and had the pace in free practice, but the Hondas had the pace at the end of the race and Marquez in my opinion didn't try and ended up getting in the way of his own team mate who hates Lorenzo and did try for the win. I'm not hating on Lorenzo, he did deserve the title in the end I'm just disappointed that Rossi had such a great season and couldn't have been allowed a straight up dog fight to decide the winner.

I think your point of view is level headed Phil and probably correct, but I am just saying it how I saw it personally yesterday and I was really annoyed at Rossi in the last race for what he did. I have come round full circle and am now actually against Marquez. Re-watch that race after hearing Rossi's point of view.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
How about this theory. Marc had a pretty poor season and was made to look pretty average by his rivals so spat his dummy out and decided to mess up the leaders last few races no matter who was at the top of the table

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Why do folks think that Rossi has some sort of God given right to a tenth world series title?

He didn't win cos 1.  he ain't got the pace, 2. when he had the opportunity and he almost had it in the bag he lost his rag with Marc and frankly was very lucky indeed to keep his third place points.  In other words he blew it. 

To suggest that another team should go out and win it for him is just silly nonsense. 

Lorenzo has the pace over Rossi, he's the better rider who also almost threw it away.  But well done to Lorenzo he is a deserving world champion.

Yamaha will keep Rossi (who's strangely desperate for that 10th title that's realistically out of his reach), becuase he's a good second man to Lorenzo, he brings the bike home and with plenty of points, and of course his status and popularity helps sell bikes.

Lets hope the Ducati finds some Suzuki like handling, and the Suzuki finds some Ducati like power.  Oooo what a season next year could be - maybe.

My money is on Marc for 2016 world champion.

If you ask me, Marc could have passed Lorenzo but he was waiting for Lorenzo to make a mistake or leave the door wide open.  He was only ever going to go on an easy clean pass.  Marc has matured considerably, he ain't gonna risk taking down taking down a man on his way to race win and a world championship.  And you could see Marc working hard to stay with Lorenzo.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Marquez riding shotgun for Lorenzo?? Marquez knew how far Rossi was behind, it was on Lorenzo's & Pedrosa's pitboard. Marquez isn't thick, he would know even if he got past Lorenzo, Lorenzo would win the title. So why not just go for the win? Answer, he couldn't.  Didn't have the tyre left? Didn't want to risk a dodgy pass on another Spaniard, in Spain, at the last round and take him out? Pedrosa cocked his plan up? He overtook him then ran wide, easy pass back for Marquez but lost some time. Great last lap from Lorenzo, covered any possible pass.

Marquez and Crutchow were complaining Friday the front tyre wouldn't last. Pedrosa did a great job of managing his tyres, his pace hardly dropped all race. Lorenzo and Marquez' pace dropped at the end, like it normally does.
Lorenzo got another lights to flag win, he has done that several times.

Lorenzo 7 wins
Marquez 5 wins
Rossi 4 wins.

Yes but if Marquez had gone past Lorenzo, he couldn't have ensured that Pedrosa wouldn't as well.
If that had happened Rossi would have won the championship!

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

Yamaha will keep Rossi (who's strangely desperate for that 10th title that's realistically out of his reach), becuase he's a good second man to Lorenzo, he brings the bike home and with plenty of points, and of course his status and popularity helps sell bikes.
How is a tenth world title realistically out of the reach of a rider who led the championship for the majority of the year and lost it by just 5 points?  :rolleyes  I certainly don't think he's finished yet

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Spain has 4 MOTO GP's a year, Repsol sponsor Honda. Moviestar Sponsor Yamaha. I am not saying Rossi was stitched up by the Spanish Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!
As has been posted on Rossi page on FB he is saying (sic) to Marquez I passed 21 riders today, you could not even pass 1.
Pedrosa made a move on Marquez and Marquez blocked him, so tell me Marquez was only protecting his own position??
I watched the race on ITV4 last night and Lorenzo rode a fantastic race no doubt about that. Does anyone honestly believe if Marquez needed to finish in front of Lorenzo to win the title he would not have done it.
Marquez and Lorenzo did a deal as in watch my back.
A mate of mine was at the race and he told me when Marquez stood on the podium he was booed, not often will you hear the Spanish boo there own.

Rossi sadly I think will struggle to win another world title not through lack of ability just the years are catching him now, also the Spaniards will stitch him up again like they did this season. The F.I.M are as bent as F.I.F.A

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Spain has 4 MOTO GP's a year, Repsol sponsor Honda. Moviestar Sponsor Yamaha. I am not saying Rossi was stitched up by the Spanish Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!
As has been posted on Rossi page on FB he is saying (sic) to Marquez I passed 21 riders today, you could not even pass 1.
Pedrosa made a move on Marquez and Marquez blocked him, so tell me Marquez was only protecting his own position??
I watched the race on ITV4 last night and Lorenzo rode a fantastic race no doubt about that. Does anyone honestly believe if Marquez needed to finish in front of Lorenzo to win the title he would not have done it.
Marquez and Lorenzo did a deal as in watch my back.
A mate of mine was at the race and he told me when Marquez stood on the podium he was booed, not often will you hear the Spanish boo there own.

Rossi sadly I think will struggle to win another world title not through lack of ability just the years are catching him now, also the Spaniards will stitch him up again like they did this season. The F.I.M are as bent as F.I.F.A

Here here
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
How is a tenth world title realistically out of the reach of a rider who led the championship for the majority of the year and lost it by just 5 points?  :rolleyes  I certainly don't think he's finished yet

Well Dani wasn't around at the start of the season and Marc was having problems with his bike.  Lorenzo took a few races to get it together opening the door for Rossi.  Lorenzo then almost threw it away at Silverstone when he was unlucky with a visor issue.

Rossi is getting on a bit and I just don't think he'll get another chance like that again.  There are younger faster riders.

And anyway even if he didn't start from the back of the grid at Valencia,wthere ever he started I think he'd still of ended up 4th. 

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
He would have ended up 4th, how do you work that out??he would have sat on Lorenzo's tail and settled for second place and won the title. As Marquez has said himself he could not make a pass on Lorenzo. As much as I admire the skill of Dani Pedrosa Rossi would have split the Hondas and once up on Marquez the Spaniard would not have dared to block Rossi.
Next season will be interesting.
Well as interesting as Circuit racing can get.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
It's unlikely he would have qualified in front of Jorge, Marc and Dani.

And Marc certainly wouldn't give him an inch.

As it was he reached 4th place by the 13th lap, with a gap of around 13 seconds to Dani.

That gap was 19 seconds by the end of the race.  So he didn't have the pace.