Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:45 pm

Author Topic: Edinburgh Parking  (Read 2366 times)

chr999chr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Edinburgh Parking
« on: 30 January 2013, 10:28:36 am »

Looking a bit of help with secure parking in the city center. Few of us going to Knockhill instead of the TT this year and i have been give the task of booking the hotel. So I'm looking for a hotel within staggering distance from city center with secure bike parking any ideas?

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
Re: Edinburgh Parking
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2013, 05:23:13 pm »
cant help you mate. i'm in wales :lol

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2013, 05:30:10 pm »
How many of you going?

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2013, 07:20:58 pm »
Are you going for BSB? And why are you staying in Edinburgh..? The roads around there are great, in paticular to the north and west. Edinburgh is a pain in the arse to navagate if you don't know it. It is expensive (although a good night out to be had). Unless you are looking for girls on your trip, I would suggest going to one of the towns around the track (say within 50 miles). B & B's all over. Nice wee pubs. Great roads. Nice people. Not expensive. Much better.
If you do go to Edinburgh, park near or on George Street. The hilton is ok, as is the Calton George. Expect to pay over £100 pppn. If its under that, it will be a dump. Very few city hotels have parking, and those that do will $$$. Anyway, bike crime is not a big issue, it's not London!
I now the city and the track well, I hope this helped and did not put you off.  :)
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2013, 10:10:48 pm »
thing about edinburgh is that you dont need to actually stay near the centre - the bus system is pretty good there and means you can hop on a bus after a night out to get to the extremities which means that the accomodation should be cheaper.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

GringoRojo

• Otter baiting foccer
    FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
    Aug 08
    Oct 08
    Sept 09
  • GP Hero
  • a Doonhamer in exile
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger800XC
    • View Profile
    • a two wheeled charity ride without engines
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2013, 12:01:12 am »
how about here? can vouch for the food and the beer. view is quite good too. and only about 20miles from Knockhill

chr999chr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2013, 09:06:31 am »
Yes going to the BSB, No reason for Edinburgh only for the night life  ;)   Just two confirmed at the moment but may increase nearer to the date. Was looking at this hotel which is only £78 for two nights.

http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/haymarket-edinburgh

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2013, 12:12:22 pm »
That's right close to the city centre mate, and George street is not far either. Seems like a good price too. If your going for the nightlife, hit Rose street for beers/pub crawl. If you are still standing after that, the cow gate has a few after hour establishments that will keep you oiled till about 4am. If you are are still going, fantsy bar for some stripper action (caus lets face it, at 5am you are not going to pull  :lol )
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

budgiemurray

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2013, 03:13:13 pm »
Which way you heading up chr..
East or west sides? If your coming up the m6 you want to take the a7 to edinburgh. Great road.. If coming up the a1 cut off at newcastle and take the airport riad then a68 then a7 at galashiels.. You wont regret either one i can assure you..

Budgie

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chr999chr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2013, 04:11:37 pm »
Coming from the NI ferry to Troon near Ayr. Not much time on the way over via Glasgow but could have a bit of time to kill on the way back for some nice roads.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2013, 05:32:32 pm »
don't forget to visit the pubic triangle
thou shalt not kick

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2013, 05:56:56 pm »
That's right close to the city centre mate, and George street is not far either. Seems like a good price too. If your going for the nightlife, hit Rose street for beers/pub crawl. If you are still standing after that, the cow gate has a few after hour establishments that will keep you oiled till about 4am. If you are are still going, fantsy bar for some stripper action (caus lets face it, at 5am you are not going to pull  :lol )

unless Edinburgh has changed recently, Rose street has turned into a shithole and many of the pubs have closed down.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"