Date: 29-03-24  Time: 02:35 am

Author Topic: ok....let`s try another angle !  (Read 4837 times)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
ok....let`s try another angle !
« on: 18 May 2012, 05:32:26 pm »
ok fellas, i fully understand your reluctance to `loan` me your pride and joys for a little trial and error session, so maybe a few of you would be kind enough to do a quick running test on your machines (fzs600 gen 1 ) and give me some feedback if you could. ok, all i need you to do is start up the bike and let it just idle. now place hand (or whatever :D ) on the fuel pump and count approx how many `pulses` per count of five seconds there are. next, increase and hold revs at approx 5000 rpm and count `pulses` again for another count of 5. This may sound a bit silly but it will help me calculate a more accurate fuel flow reading. please help us on this one fellas. I really do appreciate your help. cheers Ade.

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
Re: ok....let`s try another angle !
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 05:40:52 pm »
Good luck mate, if it wasn't for the nasty pollen allergy I have these days, I would help you.

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2012, 05:57:28 pm »
Good luck mate, if it wasn't for the nasty pollen allergy I have these days, I would help you.
hey, thanks for the offer matey but you`ve obviously got your hands full battling with that shit :\ . keep sneeezing ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2012, 05:58:38 pm »
ile give it a go for you tomorrow ade, got tank off so ile set it up to run!!! get back to you bt....1pm just balanced me carbs so mine should be spot on!! only done 6500 miles!!. clive.

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2012, 06:11:33 pm »
im happy to give it a go too tomorrow, is a 2002 foxeye comparable to the gen 1????
im guessing in terms of fuel pumps n stuff they are the same.
will post tomoz.

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2012, 06:30:07 pm »
ile give it a go for you tomorrow ade, got tank off so ile set it up to run!!! get back to you bt....1pm just balanced me carbs so mine should be spot on!! only done 6500 miles!!. clive.
thats brilliant mate............thanks for finding the time to help out ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2012, 06:32:07 pm »
im happy to give it a go too tomorrow, is a 2002 foxeye comparable to the gen 1????
im guessing in terms of fuel pumps n stuff they are the same.
will post tomoz.
hey mate, fox eye. eagle eye........what the hell its worth a crack. chances are you`re correct and same pump is used on both gen 1 and 2. thanks for helping out. appreciate it ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2012, 06:37:32 pm »
good thinking ade  ;) ....ive done the test on my bike  :rolleyes ...you know what i`ve done with mine so please bear this in mind when you compare firures...not test riden yet so may still have the stutter

idle...2.5 pulses.................5000rpm....7 pulses

if anyones else is thinking of doing the test its easy and takes a couple of minutes.....theres no need to remove the tank,you will find the fuel pump just underneath the right hand side of the tank,above carb number four,easy to get your fingers on the pump to count the pulses.
 good luck ade and dont forget to let us know how you get on  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2012, 06:44:34 pm »
happy to be of service,
i was well impressed of the pics of ya misses bike! i was shocked when you said it was sold.
glad you got it back......... its in the arms of someone that appreciates it ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2012, 06:53:01 pm »
happy to be of service,
i was well impressed of the pics of ya misses bike! i was shocked when you said it was sold.
glad you got it back......... its in the arms of someone that appreciates it ;)
or a mug, only kidding. yep lots of late evenings went into it. desperate to get it running as it was before. i know it can really shift.

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2012, 06:59:12 pm »
good thinking ade  ;) ....ive done the test on my bike  :rolleyes ...you know what i`ve done with mine so please bear this in mind when you compare firures...not test riden yet so may still have the stutter

idle...2.5 pulses.................5000rpm....7 pulses

if anyones else is thinking of doing the test its easy and takes a couple of minutes.....theres no need to remove the tank,you will find the fuel pump just underneath the right hand side of the tank,above carb number four,easy to get your fingers on the pump to count the pulses.
 good luck ade and dont forget to let us know how you get on  ;)

what a mate, what a mate !!!!!!!!!! cheers for the free plug and precise instructions. your figures already have got me thinking as my poxy pump at that rate only puts out 1 `pulse` every count of 5 when idling, so thats p&ss poor to start with :rolleyes and approx 3 when revved up. i`m really hoping matey that some of all this testing etc will pay off for you with your bike too.......after all, you are my stuttering `twin` :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
« Last Edit: 18 May 2012, 07:01:09 pm by ade the blade »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 May 2012, 07:08:34 pm »
nowt on tele! so ?....here are the results from the derbyshire jury? .....after idling for  the count of ...5. the result was....2...@ 5000rpm the result was?.....9... and that completes the results from the heart of derbyshire!! hope this helps? clive.

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2012, 07:15:54 pm »
nowt on tele! so ?....here are the results from the derbyshire jury? .....after idling for  the count of ...5. the result was....2...@ 5000rpm the result was?.....9... and that completes the results from the heart of derbyshire!! hope this helps? clive.
clive in derbyshire, i thank you kindly sir for testing so quick for me. 9 when revving eh? its creeping up slowly. feel free to give your views etc guys as we go along. clive your a gent. thanks again ! :kiss

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2012, 07:18:19 pm »
stuttering twin  :rollin :rollin :rollin
derbyshire jury  :rollin :rollin :rollin

you lot are not bike nuts , your a bunch of comedians  :lol    made me laugh after a hard week...cheers

just remembered ive bypassed the fuel filter with a straight peice of tube so might affect the figures

clives 5000 figure ,2 more than mine is interesting .............

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
stuttering twin  :rollin :rollin :rollin
derbyshire jury  :rollin :rollin :rollin

you lot are not bike nuts , your a bunch of comedians  :lol    made me laugh after a hard week...cheers

just remembered ive bypassed the fuel filter with a straight peice of tube so might affect the figures

clives 5000 figure ,2 more than mine is interesting .............
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww now you say you big tart. oh well, i`ll ignore your readings then.  ;)  shouldn`t think that would have any effect mate, luckily for you. 100 lines now saying` i must connect fuel lines correctly for testing` :lol :lol :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2012, 07:32:17 pm »
years and years ago i ran a cb 750 f1 honda bought it brand new!!!£1100 on the road!!!now ile try and get this over to you before i croak thru old age!!at approx  33000 miles i got the same prob as you,.....and after alot of money exchanged hands with the stealer" it was fialy down to ...weak diaphrams 2 where very pappy !! no holes just weak?.... i replaced the lott anyway and it ran mint after that?......but i will warn you they not cheap?.....going bk to 1976....yes that old :'( cost me over £100 then!!!! so in a way i do hope its not them?.....but you never know???????? clive

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2012, 07:36:59 pm »
ok.....i would have thought without a fuel filter the pulse would have inproved...but clive has a higher count than me !!!..........fuel pump pulses iam on about before you say anything  :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2012, 07:39:31 pm »
could be drugs i take red???????????????????????????????????????? :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2012, 07:41:06 pm »
years and years ago i ran a cb 750 f1 honda bought it brand new!!!£1100 on the road!!!now ile try and get this over to you before i croak thru old age!!at approx  33000 miles i got the same prob as you,.....and after alot of money exchanged hands with the stealer" it was fialy down to ...weak diaphrams 2 where very pappy !! no holes just weak?.... i replaced the lott anyway and it ran mint after that?......but i will warn you they not cheap?.....going bk to 1976....yes that old :'( cost me over £100 then!!!! so in a way i do hope its not them?.....but you never know???????? clive

thats got me thinking about my bike now...didnt replace the diaphrams as the ones in the secondhand carbs felt a bit stiff and were a little mis-shaped,my origanal ones very very flexable  :rolleyes ....cheers clive ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2012, 07:41:37 pm »
could be drugs i take red???????????????????????????????????????? :lol
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2012, 07:44:33 pm »
cheers clive, will take that on board.....hopefully not, but food for thought nonetheless. 1976? i think my old nan told me about that drought year a little while back ;) :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2012, 07:47:56 pm »

thats got me thinking about my bike now...didnt replace the diaphrams as the ones in the secondhand carbs felt a bit stiff and were a little mis-shaped,my origanal ones very very flexable  :rolleyes ....cheers clive ;)
access....your flexible friend !! sorry i started this thread now, it`s getting a bit pervy now. wheres my grotty old mac? :lol :lol :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2012, 07:50:04 pm »
she  didnt visit malock bath did she????? :rolleyes ...remember me to her if she did????? :D

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
she  didnt visit malock bath did she????? :rolleyes ...remember me to her if she did????? :D
hello granddad :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2012, 07:54:54 pm »
  :rolleyes ....i  der BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol