Date: 19-05-24  Time: 06:01 am

Author Topic: FOR SALE TRIUMPH SPRINT ST 1050 ABS, 2006, F.S.H, MINT, FULL LUGGAGE SET  (Read 3872 times)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
I have decided to sell my triumph sprint st, as i haven't used it over the last few months.. I can't sell my fazer as i have done so much work to it and i've had it since new. If anyone knows anyone looking for one pm me.
Triumph sprint st 1050, 2006, Full triumph service history, 21'000 miles Last stamp at 20'000 miles. 2 sets of keys and fobs, Mint condition. 3 previous owners This bike has been the comfiest bike i've ever owned, the handling is superb and the engine is turbine smooth. I'm selling because it has been sitting in the garage unused now for 2 months and because it's so clean i don't want to ride it through the winter. Tyres and chain have plenty life left in them. No body work damage! Brand new battery. Service History stamps at 24.5.06 - 660mls, 20.12.06 - 6000mls, 12.2.08 - 12'000mls, 2.2.10 - 18'214 mls, 30.8.12 - 20'363mls. EXTRAS - Triumph colour matched top box and panniers. Triumph gel seat. Triumph heated grips. Triumph raised clip ons. Triumph datatool alarm and immobiliser. Power point. Scottoiler. Carbon hugger. Powerbronze db screen. Clear indicator lenses. £3500 Price is ono..
« Last Edit: 09 January 2015, 09:47:43 pm by nickodemon »
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Pity your not after a fz1
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
No mate. Selling the triumph and getting a versys 650. I like on/off road bikes at winter time. The triumph is a cracking bike, but i want something lighter through the winter. Best fazer's are the gen 1's ;)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
No mate. Selling the triumph and getting a versys 650. I like on/off road bikes at winter time. The triumph is a cracking bike, but i want something lighter through the winter. Best fazer's are the gen 1's ;)

Interesting

I been looking at the versys 650 for my Wales blasts & a few folk seem to think it would be slow but i dont think so on Mainly B, some A roads.

Watdya reckon Nicko?

I was a bit gutted when the latest version got good review coverage coz im hoping prices on the older ones remain low as they are. :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
I'm not usually a fan of parallel twins, but i wanted something more like road/trail bike for winter and the versys has a bit more poke than other similar bikes. The handling is supposed to be good, engine is apparently quite punchy in the low/mid range and the sit up higher riding position is a bonus for winter commute. If i buy the one i'm looking at i will give an update to what it's like. I am quite fussy mind you.. If i don't like it i will just sell it on :)

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
I'm not usually a fan of parallel twins, but i wanted something more like road/trail bike for winter and the versys has a bit more poke than other similar bikes. The handling is supposed to be good, engine is apparently quite punchy in the low/mid range and the sit up higher riding position is a bonus for winter commute. If i buy the one i'm looking at i will give an update to what it's like. I am quite fussy mind you.. If i don't like it i will just sell it on :)

I've got a 2007 Versys after having loads of Fazers and they are everything you describe, punchy motor, comfy ride (although a little harsh on the suspenders but I haven't tried adjusting it yet) very flickable and cruises happily in the mid 80's if you wish.

To me it is a cross between a 650 single, supermoto and a Transalp and it has the best parts of all of them...loads of low down grunt, quick steering and ultra reliable (thus far)

If you buy at the right price you won't lose if you sell it on as many people seem to want one

All the best

Jonesy

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
They do seem to be really popular. The one i'm looking at is a good price, so hopefully be able to sort something out :)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
I rode back from Aragon,Spain with a bloke on a 600 or 650 Versys and i was not impressed at all,i did have my VFR to compare it to though, it did seem very very cheap on all the fittings,plastics,rather like a cheap mountain bike, the guy (from Aberystwth) was looking for a replacement soon after his return, not sure what he did with it, he may well of continued, last year he went to Morocco ,on what i do not know.

I could ask if he has a cheap one in his shed :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
Triumph sold for full asking price :) sad to see it go, as. it was a cracking bike. New owners delighted

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
That's great. Good on ya.

And I got a Tuono  :D

So its a win - win
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
Re: FOR SALE TRIUMPH SPRINT ST 1050 ABS, 2006, F.S.H, MINT, FULL LUGGAGE SET
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2015, 11:02:55 pm »
Did you buy the one you showed me?

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2015, 09:06:12 pm »
Nah, that was a Millie, as you pointed out  :lol !
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
Any pics? :)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2015, 12:00:02 pm »
cheers for the link.. Lovely bike :)

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2015, 01:58:29 pm »
Fanks  :)

Now I just need to get the bitch started!!!

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2015, 04:33:03 pm »
Be careful when starting big v twins! You need to make sure you give a firm press on the starter and don't take your finger off until it fires. If you only make a half hearted atttempt then take finger off and try again you can knacker the sprag clutch(Expensive) I would also fit a higher rated battery (Motobatt) To ensure a quicker turn over when starting. Welcome to the world of Italian motorcycling!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #17 on: 28 January 2015, 07:15:51 pm »
Be careful when starting big v twins! You need to make sure you give a firm press on the starter and don't take your finger off until it fires. If you only make a half hearted atttempt then take finger off and try again you can knacker the sprag clutch(Expensive) I would also fit a higher rated battery (Motobatt) To ensure a quicker turn over when starting. Welcome to the world of Italian motorcycling!

Yeah, I think I focced the sprag clutch  :rolleyes . No one told me before, so I was ignorant. I know now, but I believe I will have to replace the part. I will call Jim Allan tomorrow to see what I need. I read in PB magazine if the engine is making a loud clattering noise to the left hand side, the sprag is goosed. It sounds like a washing machine with some spanners and half bricks in it. Oh, and I focced the starter relay too. The joys of Italian motorcycling indeed. Its costing me a fortune and I have not even had it out the garage.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 January 2015, 09:09:25 pm »
Get in touch with the previous owner. He must have known it was on it's way out, as it's a gradual thing.. At least try and get some cash back, otherwise you will bad mouth him for all eternity!