Date: 12-05-24  Time: 17:07 pm

Author Topic: Removing Front Nose Cone  (Read 1135 times)

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Removing Front Nose Cone
« on: 03 April 2013, 09:27:56 pm »
anyone direct me to an article that covers the instructions on removing the front nose cone on a FZS600 2003 (Foxeye) model.

have the inners and the mirrors off

need to know how to disconnect everything else so I dont break it worse than it already is.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Front Nose Cone
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
forget this - worked it out!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2013, 05:20:15 pm »
Well done. Im going to have to try the same soon so any tips you have would be gratefully received.  A quick question you may beable to answer.... it is still ppossible to leave the headlamps and bolt on the indicators so that it is possible to ride the bike whilst I repair the nose cone?
Cheers

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2013, 10:26:12 pm »
fairly straightforward once its done. only one screw was a bitch - i ended up having to take off the speed unit to get to it. if you have a REALLY short stubby screwdrive you might be able to get to it. Had to remove the MRA screen for access.

it probably is rideable without the nose cone - wouldnt recommend though unless you tape up all of the wires for the speedo.