Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:23 am

Author Topic: Exhaust fit..  (Read 1178 times)

baldyman

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Exhaust fit..
« on: 06 December 2013, 06:15:18 pm »
Hello all,need to pick your brains for a minute.Will the headers from a 2010 R1 fit my 2009 FZ1N?Have studied a set and they look as if they should go on but really need to be sure before I buy.Have phoned two Yamaha dealers but they have no idea.Help please.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust fit..
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2013, 08:53:56 pm »
All I can suggest is that you try and find a part number for each and see if they match.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2013, 09:15:31 pm »
Won't the 2 be tuned to suit very different characteristics, even if you could swap?

I would be VERY surprised if the part numbers match, and that is the only way your average Yam dealer would have of answering your question. The answer would not be definitive - just because the part numbers don't match (if that's the case), doesn't NECESSARILY mean they won't fit. But I would guess not.

« Last Edit: 06 December 2013, 09:21:13 pm by nick crisp »

baldyman

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2013, 11:47:52 pm »
Thanks both for reply. The part numbers won't match as the R1 pipe is Titanium and has no cat, the FZ pipe is the original s/s one with a cat. I think I'd best forget it as the R1 pipe probably won't suit the FZ engine. Have to look elsewhere, again. All I can find new in the UK are Arrow headers, not sure about the quality of them as the Arrow full system on my Street Triple R didn't have the best welding, riveting or finish.

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2013, 07:38:22 am »
How about a Hindle system , had one on my R1 (5JJ) perfect fit, good quality and about 12bhp gain  :evil

http://www.hindle.com/pdf/2013_STREET_RACE_Catalogue.pdf

Mark :)