Date: 02-06-24  Time: 12:11 pm

Author Topic: Ghostly goings on  (Read 3855 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Ghostly goings on
« on: 22 February 2012, 12:02:21 pm »
I am normally a very sceptical person when it comes to the paranormal, but................................

Soon after I moved into this house I noticed there was always a chill on the landing and sometimes a sort of musty odour??
This could easily be explained by draughts and a damp carpet from a leaky radiator, but............

I woke one night and could DEFINITELY see someone standing on the landing with his back to me and shoulder length curly blond hair????

Only ever seen him once but I regularly feel that there is someone watching me from the same place and see little flickers of movement in the gloom and unexplained creaks and bumps.

I am not particularly bothered and have often challenged whatever it is to appear.  :eek

Any other Foccers got similar ghostly tales???????????????
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: Ghostly goings on
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2012, 02:16:35 pm »
No they ALL died
Its just a ride

chr999chr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2012, 04:52:55 pm »
There was a program on a while back offering £10000 to anyone who could prove the existence of any type of paranormal activity. They went to houses castles and the like armed with hi tec equipment. Nothing was found and no one got the cash.

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2012, 06:32:37 pm »
I bought my house about a year before I got married, a couple of times I felt a chill on the stairs but never thought anything about it, we finally got married and moved in and one night out of the blue the wife says "I thought I felt a presence on the stairs, This got more and more regular until one night we both sat on the stairs and told the "ghost" that we had bought the house and were going to make it our long term home, never had another "sighting".

If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
my house backs on to the old shrewsbury canal, i walk the dogs down there all hours of the night & have seen quite a few weird & unexplained things. but i was down the canal a few years ago in broad daylight, when i had a postitive & quite firm tap on my shoulder, i turned round quite startled but there was foc all there, sure made the old ring twitch abit.but i still go down the canal at night cos i reckon if whatever/whoever is down there aint had me by now then they/it never will.  while we're talkin gostly goings on anybody experienced orbs "balls of light" i go down the canal at night with my phone takin pics with the flash (lol yeah i know what your thinkin) ive got pics of some beautiful orbs so brilliant/clear & bright u cant believe you cant see them with the naked eye, some people say they're celestial bodies or spirits, i took a pic in my garage once & it was full of these orbs floatin round everywhere, if i can find my old phone i'll post a pic of an orb they're very impressive.                 

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2012, 09:30:38 pm »
xx

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2012, 09:37:13 pm »
sorry i appear to have posted the picture twice its the first time ive posted a picture, but thats an orb they're everywherev round my house but i'm sure there's a logical explaination as to what they really are.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2012, 09:25:44 am »
Alan, those "orbs" are either small insects very close to the camera or specular reflections off distant shiny objects such as a discarded beer can. The light source is the camera's own flash, the auto-focus doesn't work too well at night so the bright point of light is defocussed and the lens contributes a bit of flare and diffraction to provide the internal detail you see on the image.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2012, 10:01:36 am »
I saw an orb once.  It was really intruiging.  At night on the coast path heading back towards Watergate Bay near Newquay.  Me and my mate (both pissed) saw it, it appeared to be at the same height as the cliff path - but a few metres out to see (so in mid air).  It was some way ahead and appeared to move away at the same rate as we were walking closer.  Very hard to explain what it could have been (believe me we tried)!  I feel lucky to have seen whatever it was as I'm very sceptical generally.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2012, 01:09:10 pm »
I saw an orb once.  It was really intruiging.  At night on the coast path heading back towards Watergate Bay near Newquay.  Me and my mate (both pissed) saw it, it appeared to be at the same height as the cliff path - but a few metres out to see (so in mid air).  It was some way ahead and appeared to move away at the same rate as we were walking closer.  Very hard to explain what it could have been (believe me we tried)!  I feel lucky to have seen whatever it was as I'm very sceptical generally.
That would have been the moon. :pokefun

Tifa

• ignorant tw*t
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia Tuono + Hornet 900
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2012, 02:12:08 pm »
..those 'orbs' are specks of dust very close to the camera lens, the flash catches the image and highlights them. They dissappear when you switch the flash off...

There are no such things a ghosts......I don't believe such things exist......except of course when it's dark.....and I'm on my own..... 

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2012, 02:41:14 pm »
Lol@orbs.

Sunny Intervals

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2012, 04:06:18 pm »
Willo The Wisp  :eek

The oxidation of phosphine and methane, produced by organic decay, can cause photon emissions. Since phosphine spontaneously ignites on contact with the oxygen in air, only small quantities of it would be needed to ignite the much more abundant methane to create ephemeral fires. Chemists have replicated the lights by adding some chemicals to gases from rotting compounds. They argue that the combustion can be sustained at lower temperatures than those found in traditional fires.[citation needed] Taken together, these findings seem to explain two of the more puzzling aspects of the will-o'-the-wisp — its spontaneous, transient nature and its low-temperature "flame" that doesn't seem to burn close-by ignitable items.[20]

Writing in the Journal of American Folklore in 1891, J.G. Owens contested the marsh-gas hypothesis:

This is a name that is sometimes applied to a phenomenon perhaps more frequently called Jack-o'-the-Lantern, or Will-o'-the-Wisp. It seems to be a ball of fire, varying in size from that of a candle-flame to that of a man's head. It is generally observed in damp, marshy places, moving to and fro; but it has been known to stand perfectly still and send off scintillations. As you approach it, it will move on, keeping just beyond your reach; if you retire, it will follow you. That these fireballs do occur, and that they will repeat your motion, seems to be established, but no satisfactory explanation has yet been offered that I have heard. Those who are less superstitious say that it is the ignition of the gases rising from the marsh. But how a light produced from burning gas could have the form described and move as described, advancing as you advance, receding as you recede, and at other times remaining stationary, without having any visible connection with the earth, is not clear to me.[21]

In 1993, professors Derr and Persinger proposed that the lights are piezoelectrically generated under a tectonic strain. The strains that move faults would also heat up the rocks, vaporizing the water in them. Rock or soil containing something piezoelectric, like quartz, silicon or arsenic, may also produce electricity, channeled up to the surface through the soil via a column of vaporized water, there somehow appearing as earth lights. This would explain why the lights appear electrical, erratic, or even intelligent in their behavior.[22][23]

Others explanations link will-o'-the-wisps to bioluminescence, e.g., honey fungus. Barn owls also have white plumage that may reflect enough light from sources such as the moon to appear as a will-o'-the-wisp; hence the possibility of the lights moving, reacting to other lights, etc.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o%27-the-wisp

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2012, 04:41:47 pm »
Cheeky fecker - the moon was in the sky too!

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2012, 02:58:54 pm »
It's funny how ghosts are only seen when it is dark.  When our eyes and brain are at their least efficent at processing info.

I'm a non believer.  Never seen anything that could not be easily explained.  This is not to say that I would be happy walking round a derilict castle at night, but that is more fear of falling over ora stupid pigeon getting ruffled and flying at me.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2012, 03:39:29 pm »
I have seen "something/someone" a few times. i was 19ish and there is an old convent (now been made in to an old ppls home. but at the time was empty. a few of us used to hang around inside there and we have all seen the nun. well we called it that but all i can honestly say is it was a rough human shaped shadow.
but i have seen it several times, allways in the same area. once through a etched glass window and a few times at the end of a hallway or in doorways.

Everyone i knew that had been in there for any length of time had had some kind of encounter with it.
looking back a few years later i put it down us all being kids and wanting to be in on the act so we filled in the gaps and joined in the mass sightings.
Odd thing is i actualy know some staff that work in the old ppls home that it now is, and allmost every one of the staff have either seen or sensed the "something/someone" and allways on the 3rd floor and the west end of the hall.

i belive there is more to the world than we know and are aware of, do i belive in ghosts? no but i do belive there is a lot we can not yet explain.

Madders

• More camp than a jamboree
    Offical FOC-U Lost Boy 2006
    More senior moments than Wits
    Fruit of the Forest
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VFR 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2012, 04:40:15 pm »
Got this old guy who sometimes comes to stay in our 130 year old house and swears he sees an elderly gent just sat there in the chair. Hate to tell him that it's just his own reflection ;)  As for the damp musty smell, bladder problems and the chill? Put the heating on ya tight arse :lol

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2012, 06:03:27 pm »
Hmm dunno....but I got the feeling once in the France house that it wasn't too happy having English folks in it...Ever since I announced I was a Scot it's been fine...
The Frying Scotsman

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2012, 10:07:06 pm »
My cousin went to her local cemetery (village) to put flowers on a relatives grave. She took her son Peter (6) with her for the first time. When they went to go through the cemetery gates her son pulled back her hand , dug his heels in saying he didn't want to go in. She said don't be silly so he screamed, she asked why ? He said he has been there before and didn't like it and he remembers a big lorry. At that my cousin started to cry, why ? Many years before this MY fathers brother (6) was killed on the same road by a lorry while he was playing on his go-cart, his name was also Peter and my cousins boy is his double !!!
I used to play spirits and its very interesting , thats all I'll say.
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 February 2012, 12:26:48 pm »
 :moon at madders
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 March 2012, 01:23:33 am »
Mmmmmmmmm.............
I have a weird one to tell, but its late and I'm scared :eek
Not really :b
Many years ago....or 1989 to be precise, I was coming back from Preston to  Bolton over 'The Tops' through Abbey Village/Belmont. Had an FJ1100 at the time and a young lady who I had been seeing for a bout 6 moths on the back.
It was about midnightish ( I know, cliche but there you go) and its pretty dark and lonely up there, all moorlands and stuff. All was well until we got through Abbey Village, and then the bike started to handle weird, the front end went light through bends, like it suddenly had a lot of extra weight on the back. I wasnt particularly going fast, just crusing the torque in fifth.
Must just point out that Rachel was only small, about 5' 1" and 7 stones, and probably one of the best pillions I've ever had :)
Things stayed weird all the way to Belmont, and when we got there, I turned round and asked her if she had moved back on the seat, but she just shook her head so I carried on. Things were still not right after Belmont to Astley Bridge, but when we got back to streetlights again it went ok again.
When we got back to her house, she hopped off the back of the bike, ripped of her lid and she was as white as a sheet and seemed genuinely scared.
I asked what was the matter, and she said that all the way through the dark parts of the journey over the tops, she felt like someone was hanging on to the back of her jacket, but she was too scared to let go of the grabrail and let me know because she felt like she would have been dragged off the back of the bike........
I might have put it down to imagination, but the thing is, that would explain exactly what I was feeling through the bars.
Never happened again, just that once.
Odd..............

Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.