Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:07 pm

Author Topic: Let the flaming begin - Forum Rules ?  (Read 38542 times)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Let the flaming begin - Forum Rules ?
« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2013, 04:48:40 pm »
Open forum, open opinions.

I like the current format. Most of the time, people are pretty courteous to each other. There often are heated words when discussing sensitive subjects (which you DO stick your nose in rather keenly, TBH), but that is to be expected on such a diverse site with so many strong opinions and pig-headedness floating around. And I call myself guilty on both counts.

You seem to have really taken offense at the joke Pete (Exup) and I started when I stayed with him. The post was started as a piss take, just for a laugh and with no malice intended. We all had a giggle at my (and Exup's) expense. Nowt wrong with that!

This site is a great resource, it is a great place to exchange opinions, and have a laugh etc. The minute you try to censor that, you do lose a great aspect of the spontaneous IMO.

As for sticking around - it's taken you 849+ posts to get to that decision?!?  :lol
The Deef's apprentice

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2013, 04:49:27 pm »
My bark is worse than its bite, but if you have a go at me I will bite. If you don't like my replies back at you then don't preach on what I should or shouldn't do or say. If I don't like other foccers comments I don't contribute and either ignore them or poke fun at them, but never take the moral high ground and show them the error in their ways.....let he without sin and all that.

Now fuck off the lot of you  :D

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2013, 04:50:03 pm »
Funnily enough it was my elder that hit me top side of the head when I swore.  Now everyone is swearing and no one does anything about it because they're too afraid to speak up because of yobs and people not wanting to be seen as preaching.

You call me a preacher, I think it's more about being courteous and polite in the same way that my parents taught me to be.  Different points of view, but yours is more relevant.

I'm not interested in being where I'm not wanted so I'm outta here.  This isn't the place for me, you were right.

Well i hope you come back, the site has much to offer & you are still a biker at the end of the day.

Your decision though & if you' re not having fun then i respect that as the internet is one big place to choose from.

Take it easy! 8)

Fras
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 June 2013, 05:02:37 pm »
Simon.... Bigbluebear was NOT being homophobic, i am not GAY, and your not a CUNT. WE R JUST AVIN A LAFF MATE. dont take things so seriously. I sorted some tyres for christo at a much better price than he could get thru some mates i have who run their own bike garage. The delivery people fuked up so he had to wait another day and as he was movin to andover THAT DAY i said he could kip at mine rather than drive to andover and then back to london and then back to andover the next day just to fit a front. I live 5 mile from the garage so it was just me helpin him out. He bought me some nosh and a few beers which i appreciated. I played guitar a bit an we had a chinwag and that was it. In the morn when we woke up we talked about postin somethin RE his stay at mine and decided to have a bit of a laff. The photo was staged as he was awake.  Just a bit of fun and look how its got outta hand. TBH me an christo couldnt have hoped for a better response hehehe.  Chill out and DONT BE OFFENDED SO EASILY.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 June 2013, 05:07:10 pm »
Simon.... Bigbluebear was NOT being homophobic, i am not GAY, and your not a CUNT. WE R JUST AVIN A LAFF MATE. dont take things so seriously. I sorted some tyres for christo at a much better price than he could get thru some mates i have who run their own bike garage. The delivery people fuked up so he had to wait another day and as he was movin to andover THAT DAY i said he could kip at mine rather than drive to andover and then back to london and then back to andover the next day just to fit a front. I live 5 mile from the garage so it was just me helpin him out. He bought me some nosh and a few beers which i appreciated. I played guitar a bit an we had a chinwag and that was it. In the morn when we woke up we talked about postin somethin RE his stay at mine and decided to have a bit of a laff. The photo was staged as he was awake.  Just a bit of fun and look how its got outta hand. TBH me an christo couldnt have hoped for a better response hehehe.  Chill out and DONT BE OFFENDED SO EASILY.

Wot Pete said.  :)
The Deef's apprentice

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 June 2013, 05:10:37 pm »
I've met exupnut and christot, and I knew it was a piss take :)
A couple more manly blokes you'll never find  :rollin

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 June 2013, 05:12:20 pm »
You seem to have really taken offense at the joke Pete (Exup) and I started when I stayed with him. The post was started as a piss take, just for a laugh and with no malice intended. We all had a giggle at my (and Exup's) expense. Nowt wrong with that!
Just to be clear, I found your post hilarious until BBB's allegedly sarcastic comment.

My bark is worse than its bite, but if you have a go at me I will bite. If you don't like my replies back at you then don't preach on what I should or shouldn't do or say. If I don't like other foccers comments I don't contribute and either ignore them or poke fun at them, but never take the moral high ground and show them the error in their ways.....let he without sin and all that.

Now fuck off the lot of you  :D
Your bark is about as offensive, insulting and obnoxious as you can make it.  Well done on your dubious achievement.  I hope it makes you feel good that you can't go more than a post (if that) without swearing, being insulting and generally trying to cause offence.  Impressive trolling to say the least.

Bigbluebear was NOT being homophobic
Sorry dude.  Regardless of context that post was as homophobic as it gets.  Dress it up how you will I can't see this post as anything other than offensive towards homosexuals.
I'm currently in Florida and logged in to see what you guys have been up to.... Disappointed to see it being swayed towards being a joy boy forum..... Get a fucking grip you two (not literally) this is no place to promote arse banditry and picture your trophies to all our disgust.....I'm now off to the tits out thread in the naughty corner and suggest you pair do the same

This is gas mark 5 flaming  :) . oh, and I am indeed a

CUNT.

I'm not offended, I'm just trying to figure out why swearing and being offensive is so attractive.  The majority of forums on both the internet and in life do not have the degree of vulgarity on what is otherwise such an awesome site.  This isn't a pub it's a searchable forum.  Minors can quite easily come across this and other topics without context and think it's acceptable behaviour.  Maybe becoming a father has changed me  :\
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 June 2013, 05:30:38 pm »
Sorry, Si, but is this a site for YOU or for your son?

I think we would all be more understanding if it was a site frequented by minors - but who's going to look at an obscure (yes, really) forum for one Yamaha model series?

I'm afraid I can't sympathise on this one. Sticks and stones, mate.
The Deef's apprentice

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 June 2013, 05:33:30 pm »
Is it really so difficult to just ignore the bits you don't like? Personally, I just give a slightly exasperated sigh and move on if there's something that offends me. Maybe there could be an adults only area, but I have a feeling 90% of input would move there... :rolleyes :'( :lol

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 June 2013, 06:00:35 pm »
"Too much of an effort for the admin and too much looking like the bad guy (light touch=no touch)." "It's just laziness to use that excuse."
Well I find that very insulting. I've put hours and hours of work into this site, if it wasn't for which we'd be a ghost board on Yuku. But instead we've gone from 50 to nearly 200 posts per day, because we moved, because of the work that many people including me put into the site.

You found bbb's comments offensive but when you protested people didn't agree with you. So now you want someone else (admods) to take care of it for you and accuse them of laziness when they won't.

bbb's post that you quote is funny. I'm all in favour of PC - as Stewart Lee says it's institutionalised politeness. However I cannot see anyone, apart from you (who is not gay) being offended.

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 June 2013, 06:24:10 pm »
"Too much of an effort for the admin and too much looking like the bad guy (light touch=no touch)." "It's just laziness to use that excuse."
Well I find that very insulting. I've put hours and hours of work into this site, if it wasn't for which we'd be a ghost board on Yuku. But instead we've gone from 50 to nearly 200 posts per day, because we moved, because of the work that many people including me put into the site.

You found bbb's comments offensive but when you protested people didn't agree with you. So now you want someone else (admods) to take care of it for you and accuse them of laziness when they won't.

bbb's post that you quote is funny. I'm all in favour of PC - as Stewart Lee says it's institutionalised politeness. However I cannot see anyone, apart from you (who is not gay) being offended.

Well said that man and thank you very much!  If Simmonn finds things offensive here now He wouldn't have lasted very long on the older forums. He might have been banned by now for whinging. :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 30 June 2013, 06:25:49 pm by evesdad »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 June 2013, 07:04:55 pm »
As a relative newbie on the site, I'd say please don't change anything, Farjo. Brilliant site, lots of good/funny/alternative views and people, well run and laid out. Your work and effort is certainly very much appreciated by this particular FOCcer. The democratic way to go would be to have a poll, but I really don't think that's necessary as IMO the result is a foregone conclusion. Sorry Simonm, but that's the way of the world. You could start a Mary Whitehouse-style campaign against crude internet content, but I don't think you'd get far, governments don't seem to have much luck in controlling what pops up, what chance do you think you'd have?
Of course, you could move to China... :lol
« Last Edit: 30 June 2013, 07:06:23 pm by nick crisp »

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 June 2013, 07:15:29 pm »
As a relative newbie on the site, I'd say please don't change anything, Farjo. Brilliant site, lots of good/funny/alternative views and people, well run and laid out. Your work and effort is certainly very much appreciated by this particular FOCcer. The democratic way to go would be to have a poll, but I really don't think that's necessary as IMO the result is a foregone conclusion. Sorry Simonm, but that's the way of the world. You could start a Mary Whitehouse-style campaign against crude internet content, but I don't think you'd get far, governments don't seem to have much luck in controlling what pops up, what chance do you think you'd have?
Of course, you could move to China... :lol

Here here, a big up to the admins n mods that do a great job on a great site

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 June 2013, 07:28:31 pm »
How can I be homophobic, I fucking love lesbians as they drink out the same furry cup

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 June 2013, 07:44:57 pm »
How can I be homophobic, I fucking love lesbians as they drink out the same furry cup
:rollin See what I mean? Funny, informative, alternative...what more could anyone want?  :rollin

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 June 2013, 07:55:21 pm »
:rollin See what I mean? Funny, informative, alternative...what more could anyone want?  :rollin

Pictures!

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 June 2013, 08:20:15 pm »

I'm with Frazer on this one.
We've gone from a board that was floundering to muster as many posts in a week as we have now in a day over the last two years.
We've allowed our members the respect to post what they want as they see fit, with the Naughty Corner there for the more obvious dubious posts.
Our member list is growing continuously, our daily post count is increasing without spam and (if the attendance at this years Spring Meet is anything to go by) our members are more than happy to spend time with one another in a social setting.

I'm sorry that we don't run things exactly as you would like, but in our collective 19 years as Foccers (29 if you include OMF) we've witnessed what works on the site and what doesn't.
I'm sorry that in your five months of membership you've not found it up to your exacting standards (exemplified by the five suggestion posts you've started), however to insinuate that we shirk responsibility and are apathetic to the running of the boards is massively offensive.

I hope that you do stay on here and get to meet more of the crazies, get involved in attending & arranging meets and become fully immersed in the life that is foc-u as I'm sure that you'll appreciate the support, friendship and advice that it brings more than the offence caused by the infrequent profanity and the like.

Andy

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Let the flaming begin - Forum Rules ?
« Reply #42 on: 30 June 2013, 09:56:35 pm »
ANDY!!!! shut up u gay sausage sucker. Hahaha

Ps THIS SITE IS BRILLIANT!
« Last Edit: 30 June 2013, 09:58:26 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 June 2013, 11:59:58 pm »
ANDY!!!! shut up u gay sausage sucker. Hahaha

Ps THIS SITE IS BRILLIANT!

:thumbup
:rollin

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 July 2013, 12:12:30 am »
Simon - I apologize; I was too harsh, we all were. I understand it's hard to admit your true feelings, and don't let anyone tell you you're less of a man. We live in an enlightened age, there's no need to hide in the closet!

Being a biker and being gay are not irreconcilable, We'll still be here for you, offering understanding and support during your coming out.

Be brave, throw off your fears, enjoy being YOU.

Gaybies rule. :)
The Deef's apprentice

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 01 July 2013, 01:14:26 am »
I thought I was an anal retentive with OCD tendencies but this guy takes the trophy mind you it takes me an hour to shower but that could be down to my vastness.

No to the forum police unless its in anyway harming the young ones

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 July 2013, 12:56:44 pm »

+1  :rollin
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 July 2013, 11:36:13 pm »
I could get riled but judging by the posts it'd be pointless.

My wife told be to stop being stroppy too.

If you don't like my awesomely,brilliant and wonderful suggestion then I'll learn my lesson from it.

I suppose I should thank BBB for teaching me a valuable life lesson that funny is most definitely in the eye of the beholder which (in retrospect) certainly explains little Britain for me too (and don't even get me started on the attractions of soap operas).  Thank you BBB, lesson learnt I'll stfu.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 July 2013, 11:42:19 pm »
I could get riled but judging by the posts it'd be pointless.

My wife told be to stop being stroppy too.

If you don't like my awesomely,brilliant and wonderful suggestion then I'll learn my lesson from it.

I suppose I should thank BBB for teaching me a valuable life lesson that funny is most definitely in the eye of the beholder which (in retrospect) certainly explains little Britain for me too (and don't even get me started on the attractions of soap operas).  Thank you BBB, lesson learnt I'll stfu.

wouldnt worry about it too much m8 - arguing over the internet is f**king pointless.

you made a suggestion, it was (at times) vigorously argued against.

no harm no foul.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 July 2013, 11:53:05 pm »
Might be pointless, but its fun!!!  :D

Got to ask while Im here.... why did you type f**king instead of fucking?   Youre either swearing or your not, you cant part swear!!  ;)