Date: 17-05-24  Time: 07:12 am

Author Topic: Could this finally be a solution to rain  (Read 9922 times)

windscreenman

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Could this finally be a solution to rain
« Reply #25 on: 06 March 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
Used on all my visors for over 20 years never knacked any of them,  I know what it's for the clues in the name  ;)
Always use a clean cloth to apply
I only ever have clear visors wouldn't recommend  for tinted ones
Objects in your mirrors may be stupider than they look
Previous bikes ,Xj600,Fazer600,Tiger900 steamer,cbf1000,fazer1000 my favourite

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 March 2016, 04:03:12 pm »
What's wrong with just moving your head from side to side , works for me. The biggest pain in the rain is condensation on the inside of the visor, okay I know the twin lock system is not bad but if you wear glasses condensation is more of a pain than the actual rain.

Simply doesn't do a thing with Arai visors, water droplets stick like oil on your visor, and i've tried a few.
You could spin your head like Linda Blair in The Exorcist but the rain just stays put.
I'll stick with my Vee Wipe, there's no chance of that breaking down, and even if it did i carry a spare in the top box.

The ProGrip insert i have stuck inside my visor tends to be fine with condensation though when i wear glasses for night riding, i've never had any real issues at all.
Still got a brand new 'clear' one for sale if anyone wants it, i bought the wrong one by mistake, this one has cut outs for a pinlock visor but is no good for an Arai visor with air vents. Great for night riding too, it reduces headlight glare. £14 delivered. 

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18631.msg217011.html#msg217011

Same issue with my Shoei GT air visor and all polishes/snake oils tried.

Vee wipe works well for me and the ProGrip insert is way better than any pinlock. Need a foggy respro with a Pinlock.

Ah i have the same helmet and i am really unimpressed with the pin lock insert, took ages to get to it to seal properly and now just mists up on the inside of the insert. Would Darrsi's thing work on our helmet?

Sorry fella, yup Darrsi's thing is the nuts. Just fitted one to mine - forgot Darrsi had one cheaper than Ebay  :'(

These are supposed to react with light but tend to find that they just have a very mild tint all year round. BUY IT! Beats pinlock hands down.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 November 2016, 12:11:32 am »
My Gerbing gloves have a wiper blade on the left thumb, but I've found that, especially when combined with NikWax Visor spray, it tends to cause scratches on the visor especially when theres lots of salty road spray :(

Has anyone tried the VisorCat system and could post a review of it?

At £30 it's got to be worth a try.
I've got a Vee Wipe that's starting to split  after a year of use, so I'll give this a go.

Update: Looks like they're out of stock so I've registered my interest for when they start producing again.

Update on the Visorcat:

I've been using it for over six months now and on the whole I'd reccommend it.

Pros:
It's great for immediately getting bugs and shit off your visor in dry weather, nothing I've tried before or since works as well.
It's dear at over five times the cost of a Bob Heath V Wipe, but my V wipe lasted 6 months before splitting, so it's better value for money as it comes with a two year guarantee.

Neutral stuff:
In the rain it's no better than a vee wipe or a built-in wiper you get on some gloves, they all do the job well enough.
The cleaning fluid costs too much, but it works just as well with any cleaner like muc-off so not really a problem.

Cons:
It's a bit of a faff to fit and MAY get in the way of your grips, but you get used to it.
Because you're using your hand to do the wiping rather than your finger, it takes a bit of practice to use it properly, it's difficult to get the pressure and position right.

In conclusion, if I'd already got gloves with a built in wipe I'd not bother, but the wipered version of my gloves are more than £30 dearer thann the non-wipered version, so I've got a full cleaning gizmo for the same money in effect, so it was worth it.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 November 2016, 05:16:16 pm »
Where's he gone then?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2016, 06:30:17 pm »
Kmart. It sucked.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 November 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
What's wrong with just moving your head from side to side , works for me. The biggest pain in the rain is condensation on the inside of the visor, okay I know the twin lock system is not bad but if you wear glasses condensation is more of a pain than the actual rain.

Simply doesn't do a thing with Arai visors, water droplets stick like oil on your visor, and i've tried a few.
You could spin your head like Linda Blair in The Exorcist but the rain just stays put.
I'll stick with my Vee Wipe, there's no chance of that breaking down, and even if it did i carry a spare in the top box.

The ProGrip insert i have stuck inside my visor tends to be fine with condensation though when i wear glasses for night riding, i've never had any real issues at all.
Still got a brand new 'clear' one for sale if anyone wants it, i bought the wrong one by mistake, this one has cut outs for a pinlock visor but is no good for an Arai visor with air vents. Great for night riding too, it reduces headlight glare. £14 delivered. 

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18631.msg217011.html#msg217011

Same issue with my Shoei GT air visor and all polishes/snake oils tried.

Vee wipe works well for me and the ProGrip insert is way better than any pinlock. Need a foggy respro with a Pinlock.

Ah i have the same helmet and i am really unimpressed with the pin lock insert, took ages to get to it to seal properly and now just mists up on the inside of the insert. Would Darrsi's thing work on our helmet?

Sorry fella, yup Darrsi's thing is the nuts. Just fitted one to mine - forgot Darrsi had one cheaper than Ebay  :'(

These are supposed to react with light but tend to find that they just have a very mild tint all year round. BUY IT! Beats pinlock hands down.

I did try telling everyone they were good.
They reduce headlight glare at night, and filter the suns rays as well.
I've been using them on my visors for many years now, and wouldn't use anything else.

Just make sure you buy the correct one if you have an Arai lid like mine as they're shaped a bit differently because of the air vents.
And make sure your visor is TOTALLY clean before fitting, as in no dust, hair, etc, as once the tape sticks it ain't coming off in a very nice way. Been there, done that, and anything trapped inside the visor will obviously have nowhere to go.
Once all that kerfuffle is over it's a very good piece of kit to have.

NOTE: I use Sticky Stuff Remover to remove any old residue from a visor whenever I fit a new one, then clean that off with washing up liquid in warm water, as it doesn't damage the visor at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xprogrip+visor+insert.TRS0&_nkw=progrip+visor+insert&_sacat=0
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 November 2016, 11:57:15 pm »
Where's he gone then?  :lol

Ut ooow FART