Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:10 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 227236 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1150 on: 27 December 2018, 08:57:39 pm »
Just to make one thing clear........ we won't be leaving in a No Deal WTO scenario :)

It just won't happen.

So all those tariff issues are hypothetical.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 27 December 2018, 09:05:34 pm »
As hypothetical as you not taking this thread seriously you mean ?  :lol 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 27 December 2018, 09:12:23 pm »
Just to make one thing clear........ we won't be leaving in a No Deal WTO scenario :)

It just won't happen.

So Mr tax duty man I am correct in what I have said then about the tariffs. I don't mind waiting while you google it. You have conveniently completely side stepped my tariff points.
The tariff point was brought up to disprove VNAs scaremongers about food/booze prices increasing because of tariffs. I have pointed out that we wont even need to have ANY tariffs on EU food if we do not want to have them and there will be FOC all the EU can do about it. 
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 09:48:40 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 27 December 2018, 09:32:42 pm »

It just won't happen.

I would like to think that will 100% be the case.  But we’ve got a parliament right now that seems utterly incompetent.  They just spent almost a whole day debating what the Labour leader did, or did not say, under his breath when we are facing an economic and constitutional crisis.

Certainly, many companies have made no NO DEAL BREXIT preparations.  On the other hand, many companies large and small have been buying up warehouse space in both the UK and EU in order to stock pile goods as they fear a NO DEAL BREXIT could bury them.  They ain’t spending all that cash on stock and storage for fun.

So whilst I agree 100% with you that a NO DEAL exit would be complete and utter stupidity and incompetence, and indeed that parliament should act to block it, I am not 100% sure that the foccing idiots will.

So what if the EU slap 30% on scot whisky, you will still have the rest of the world to sell to without the 30% EU tax added.

Well 30% of our whisky exports are to the EU.  It’s a solid market too, and right on our doorstep.  Further substantial % is exported tariff free to 40 other countries around the globe that we enjoy free trade deals with via the EU.  The Scotch Whisky Association estimates and immediate 53 million quid cost to the industry in the event of a NO DEAL at the end of march.  That does not take into account the long term impact.  Costs will also rise due to tariffs on cereals, glass and machinery - ie production costs will rise..   The Scotch Whisky Association steadfastly opposes a NO DEAL BREXIT.  It will hit the whisky industry hard.
we might see 30% slapped on Scottish Whisky heading to Europe.

And that's it isn't it, there it is -- the problem with all the remainers they only want to remain for self serving selfish reasons.
Scotch Whisky accounts for 1/5th value of all UK food and drink. It won’t just hit our industry in Scotland hard, it’s will be a major loss for the UK exchequer.   So I am at a loss as to how it is you see this as selfish.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 27 December 2018, 09:39:51 pm »

And that's it isn't it, there it is -- the problem with all the remainers they only want to remain for self serving selfish reasons.
Scotch Whisky accounts for 1/5th value of all UK food and drink. It won’t just hit our industry in Scotland hard, it’s will be a major loss for the UK exchequer.   So I am at a loss as to how it is you see this as selfish.

Selfish because - need I remind you that YOU do not want to be part of the UK so why pretend you care. I think you are not thinking straight --- perhaps a little too many Christmas drams me thinks.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 10:18:59 pm by fazersharp »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 27 December 2018, 10:00:17 pm »
I hope Theresa is reading this thread, I really do. I've learned so much about the EU and brexit, hope she's been taking notes. I still don't give a toss about any of it. We voted out could have when the other way but it didn't get over it. Greece is focced, but the sun still shines on the grapes and wine is dirt cheap there. If it comes to it i'll distil my own spirits and brew my own beer if need be. It'll sort itself out eventually just like the millennium bug. Now where did I put that drink  . . . hic
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 10:01:38 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 27 December 2018, 10:10:08 pm »
Watching Parliament Live after work this afo, Mrs May was on top form. We're lucky we have her in charge. So glad she was victorious in that leadership challenge nonsense. Dignified, resolute and determined :thumbup

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 27 December 2018, 10:15:10 pm »
Celticdog.....This is my way of thinking exactly.....All the scaremongering and doom and gloom is only relevant if we don't do anything to counteract it....Which we will and can.
As for the Scottish whiskey industry being worse off.....that's a classic example
 according to this...
https://www.insider.co.uk/news/scotch-whisky-could-benefit-brexit-12064241

And as for brewing your own.....Am already on that one...you can stick your French, German and Italian up your rectum Mr Euro.  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 27 December 2018, 10:24:38 pm »

Selfish because - need I remind you that YOU do not want to be part of the UK so why pretend you care. I think you are not thinking straight --- perhaps a little too many Christmas drams me thinks.

First and foremost, I want to be part of the EU.  Yes, I would love to see an Independent Scotland, but REMAINING in the EU, and continuity in doing so is a priority.

And Scotland wants to see the UK in the EU, and if we were to become an Independent Nation one day, we want to be in the EU and we’ll want our most important trading partner England to also continue with EU membership.

And how the hell is it selfish?  We in Scotland don’t elect Tory governments, we didn’t want that darn referendum in 2016 and we voted decisively to REMAIN.  But what you and your merry gang want to do is impose your will on us and in doing so trash our hard built industry, industry that you have been happy to benefit from.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 27 December 2018, 10:29:10 pm »
And how the hell is it selfish?  We in Scotland don’t elect Tory governments, we didn’t want that darn referendum in 2016 and we voted decisively to REMAIN.  But what you and your merry gang want to do is impose your will on us and in doing so trash our hard built industry, industry that you have been happy to benefit from.

I hear that TR loves your whisky.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 27 December 2018, 11:56:46 pm »
Watching Parliament Live after work this afo, Mrs May was on top form. We're lucky we have her in charge. So glad she was victorious in that leadership challenge nonsense. Dignified, resolute and determined

I'll ask you again after Jan 14th  :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 28 December 2018, 12:42:10 pm »
So, all of the imports from Bordeaux, Burgundy and Loire are going to be replaced by Dazza's wine made from sheep droppings  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 28 December 2018, 06:32:08 pm »
So, all of the imports from Bordeaux, Burgundy and Loire are going to be replaced by Dazza's wine made from sheep droppings  :lol

Maybe the French will snap it all up.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 28 December 2018, 07:38:56 pm »

If there's any left for the French, they're welcome to buy it but it'll cost them 30% more. :D

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 28 December 2018, 07:45:18 pm »
Quote[/size]So, all of the imports from Bordeaux, Burgundy and Loire are going to be replaced by Dazza's wine made from sheep droppings 

</blockquote>

If there's any left for the French, they're welcome to buy it but it'll cost them 30% more. [/font]

The French have previous for setting fire to English lamb produce. Heaven help them if they do it to Dazza's wine.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 28 December 2018, 10:22:32 pm »
 :eek

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 28 December 2018, 11:40:42 pm »
If there's any left for the French, they're welcome to buy it but it'll cost them 30% more.
But of course making wine for sale without an Excise License is an offense under the Wine and Made Wine Regulations 1989  ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 28 December 2018, 11:53:01 pm »
Yes, I would love to see an Independent Scotland, but REMAINING in the EU, and continuity in doing so is a priority.

You really are confused, aren't you  :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 29 December 2018, 12:12:24 am »
If there's any left for the French, they're welcome to buy it but it'll cost them 30% more.
But of course making wine for sale without an Excise License is an offense under the Wine and Made Wine Regulations 1989  ;)
Spoken like a true civil servant.....report me if you like...... Go on, make yourself look like an even
 bigger knob.  :rollin

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 29 December 2018, 12:20:37 am »
But you're not selling it are you. Surely nobody would part with good money  :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 29 December 2018, 12:29:18 am »
Well if I was.....Do you think I'd admit it to you.  :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 29 December 2018, 12:33:12 am »
And BTW, those Demijon's are full of my sloe gin....My wine is kept in barrels like any self respecting wine maker. :D

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 29 December 2018, 06:47:57 am »

Watching Parliament Live after work this afo, Mrs May was on top form. We're lucky we have her in charge. So glad she was victorious in that leadership challenge nonsense. Dignified, resolute and determined

I'll ask you again after Jan 14th  :)

You're more than welcome to, but I can tell you now that the answer will be the same. It's not her fault those MP's choose to ignore the majority vote of their constituents in the referendum when they are voting on this issue in the lobbys.

It suits me fine if she loses the vote, we'll just come out with no deal at the end of March :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 29 December 2018, 11:14:43 am »
Yes, I would love to see an Independent Scotland, but REMAINING in the EU, and continuity in doing so is a priority.You really are confused, aren't you 

Welcome back, but we've moved on. We're now talking about Dazza's flogging his strange concoctions that make you go blind (especially if you're French). That is until I come round and arrest him  :)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 29 December 2018, 11:39:28 am »
Going to need a bit more evidence than that I'm afraid.  :D

Yes, I would love to see an Independent Scotland, but REMAINING in the EU, and continuity in doing so is a priority.You really are confused, aren't you 

Welcome back, but we've moved on. We're now talking about Dazza's flogging his strange concoctions that make you go blind (especially if you're French). That is until I come round and arrest him  :)

Would love to see an ex customs pen pusher attempt to come round and arrest me.... Make sure you're wearing your POLITE hi vi so everyone knows you're a twat. :lol