Date: 22-05-24  Time: 13:54 pm

Author Topic: Givi hard luggage question  (Read 1313 times)

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
Givi hard luggage question
« on: 30 April 2012, 10:55:53 am »
I have a full set of Givi hard luggage - top box and E41 monokey panniers.

On my previous FZS600 I used a wing rack when I wanted to use the full set - no problem.

I now have a gen1 1000 with a Givi monokey rack which I use daily for just the top box. If I want to use the full luggage set I could get a 1000 fitting kit for my wingrack and swap over to that. However that is a bit of a hassle and I don't like the wingrack on all the time 'cos it's fug ugly just for a top box.

You can get pannier rails (Givi PL349) for the monokey rack but advice from suppliers seems to be that these are only suitable for E21 panniers.

So my question is this. Are these rails restricted to the E21 panniers because of the attachment method or is it just a conservative weight thing? In other words would these rails allow fitting of my E41 panniers? Has anyone done it or used panniers other than the E21? If the E41 will fit is it safe - what does the esteemed knowledge of Foc-u reckon?
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Givi hard luggage question
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2012, 11:59:40 am »
its just down to weight i think, quite a few people on this site use the same boxes as you with no recorded problems.

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2012, 01:23:14 pm »
 :agree

as you see in the pic i have the rails and use the 41l  luggage to get to n from rallies, no probs at all
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
Thanks guys for the confirmation

I figured the attachment would be common and it is just Givi being safety first about how much one loads the rails.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....