Date: 18-05-24  Time: 08:47 am

Author Topic: Might sell my gen 1 with R1 forks and R6 shock  (Read 1774 times)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
Might sell my gen 1 with R1 forks and R6 shock
« on: 12 March 2016, 09:07:27 pm »
I might sell my gen 1 that has R1 forks and an R6 rear shock. I have been using the bike for the last few months (Not very often), but i might have the opportunity to get a tuono 1000 (depending on the owner getting back to me! The last time we spoke it took 3 weeks for a reply :lol ) The fazer is mot'd and requires nothing. The only bad points are a couple of small dinks in the tank. Handling now is Much better than a standard fazer, Engine has been serviced with new oil, oil filter and air filter. It has large screen, handguards, heated grips fitted for winter.. Haven't thought of a price but may be open to reasonable offers.. Ps.. engine paint is mint and has not been touched up. Black engine paint seems to be far better than the silver..... 53 plate 43'000 miles. I have the original grab rails and it needs a clean and polish ;)
« Last Edit: 12 March 2016, 09:13:14 pm by nickodemon »
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

MrGimly

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Might sell my gen 1 with R1 forks and R6 shock
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2016, 10:10:45 pm »
Is the front cowling the wrong colour?

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2016, 10:14:47 pm »
It has been repainted by the previous owner. It's a fairly good paint job. I didn't notice for ages after i bought it. When viewed in the flesh it's not too noticeable. My camera has very high res.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2016, 10:20:55 pm by nickodemon »

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2016, 08:13:26 am »
Don't know much about the v4 Tuono but I had a test ride on the v2 Factory with all the trimmings and I came back with a massive grin on my face. Unfortunately it was more than I could afford. I know that they are pretty thirsty and I don't expect they're as bulletproof as the Fazer but they have bags of character and from my experience great fun to ride.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2016, 11:05:02 am »
The bike i'm looking at is a v2. I had a falco v2 a few years ago and loved the engine. I own a v4 and it's the best bike i've owned. I know what you are saying about reliability regarding an old italian bike over a fazer, but sometimes you have to be brave. :evil

Kenyun

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - z1000r 2xTRX850 CB500X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2016, 08:30:48 pm »
And it looks much better with white rim tape instead of that purple!!!! :)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2016, 09:07:48 pm »
The purple was just for a laugh! I only did one side of the wheels because i knew i would change it at some point :lol . Was out for a blast today and it handles so well compared to the standard gen 1's i have owned over the years. When i first bought this bike the handling was poor, but it turned out that it had a flat spot just off centre on the old rear tyre which had been rubbing off the hugger, but after changing both tyres the handling is great. I will probably keep it, as i don't know if the tuono deal will ever happen and the fazer is a much safer bet regarding reliability etc.. I also have no idea the fazers value as it has had all the suspension upgrades.