Date: 22-05-24  Time: 11:46 am

Author Topic: Why so many Tracers for sale  (Read 1977 times)

Peasy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Kawasaki ZX-6R Trackbike
    • View Profile
Why so many Tracers for sale
« on: 31 December 2016, 08:20:49 pm »
was chatting today when walking around Webbs and saw the Tracer and it came up in conversation why there's so many low mileage ones up for sale at the moment and almost ever since launch. What is it that people don't like? Can't think it was the hype like the new R1 or MT10, just seems odd so many under 5k miles for sale...

Shappaeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Why so many Tracers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2016, 09:17:40 pm »
Do tell! I was looking at having a Tracer as my next bike.

RobG UK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2016, 09:24:19 pm »
The reason they have so many coming up is that there were so many sold.  And then there's the riders who want the next big thing so they buy at the start of the season and sell at the end.  Tracer was the best selling bike in the UK and in Europe as far as I can get info, and rightly so, it is the next gen Fazer.  BTW, cos I have been looking most mags and reviews rate the 700 higher in all forms.  How weird is that

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2017, 07:57:48 am »
The reason they have so many coming up is that there were so many sold.  And then there's the riders who want the next big thing so they buy at the start of the season and sell at the end.  Tracer was the best selling bike in the UK and in Europe as far as I can get info, and rightly so, it is the next gen Fazer.  BTW, cos I have been looking most mags and reviews rate the 700 higher in all forms.  How weird is that
According to Yamaha many purchasers of the MT09 Tracer were in the 50+ age group. These tend to be the ones with cash to spare(children grown, mortgage well on the way to being paid-& sometimes in receipt of inheritance money,matured annuities etc) So this age group is more likely to trade in after 2 years for the next "experience". The Tracer 700 is aimed more at a younger age group-dont think for a minute that its 74bhp(quoted) output makes this a "poor mans" Tracer 900.
Its a different market segment. The other factor is the number of bikes sold on PCP which means a considerable number will be traded in after 36 months.
New bikes are set to increase in price in 2017 so having a good selection of low mileage one-owner bikes in showrooms can only be good for the customer who avoids the new-bike depreciation incurred by first owner.
The Tracer 700 is a seriously good bike for "real world" riding & @ £6299 has to be a bargain compared to some other bikes.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2017, 11:35:12 am »
there are a lot of older folks with money these days good pensions etc etc ,
also most by the time they reach 55 or more kids have grown up and moved on ,mortgage paid ,no debts.
some if not most are reliving their youth by buying big bikes not realising that they are way to fast for them to handle.
I've never had a bike that is bigger than a 700cc and I don't feel that I need one.
sure I had a couple of fast bikes which are considered these days to be slow but I don't call 145mph slow!!
my favourite of all bikes is the Fazer 600 03 model.
and the nearest that I can buy new and have is a tracer 700.
any bikes that can do 100mph is a fast bike in my book.
this is what I currently own...
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

Kenbob

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2017, 12:09:50 pm »
Looked at buying a 900 tracer, too tall for me I'm afraid.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2017, 12:30:25 pm »
You can get a lowering kit for the 900 Tracer, which will be my next bike in hopefully come summer. Do not agree with the statement older folks (some if not most are reliving their youth by buying big bikes not realising that they are way to fast for them to handle) I assume you are talking about the Born Again Biker. I have been riding bikes for over 50 years and can still mix it with the young guns.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer