Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:38 am

Author Topic: For Sale - Ventura Luggage for Gen1 Fazer 1000  (Read 3278 times)

joyceeboy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Tiger 800XC
    • View Profile
For Sale - Ventura Luggage for Gen1 Fazer 1000
« on: 20 March 2012, 09:54:08 am »
Already posted in For Sale/Wanted but thought I could be a bit more focused here.   I have for sale a complete Ventura luggage system to fit first generation Fazer 1000. The L bars are simple to fit by simple removing the rear grab handles and fitting the bars using the original bolts with spacer washers supplied. The rack simply locks onto the bars and the pack slips over the top. I can fit the system in little over 5 minutes so I don't leave it on the bike. The pack takes enough for many days away and is very stable on the bike. A second bag can be attached to the first if you're leaving home permanantly! The rack will fit many other bikes using the appropriate bike specific L bars.

Here is a list of the parts which together would cost £280. I got the L bars on eBay and the rest brand new as they ususally get snapped up pretty quickly with not much discount. I'm looking for £150. I'm in Coventry so if you are interested you can pick them up or I will be willing to meet within 30 miles or so.

Y075/B L brackets (RRP £83.54)
PF13/B Rack Pack (RRP £62)
GH13/19/B Grab Handle (RRP £20)
Aero-Spada VII 51 Ltr pack (RRP £112)

Cheers,

Ian

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale - Ventura Luggage for Gen1 Fazer 1000
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2012, 06:51:11 am »
ventura bags usually go for between £60 to £80 on ebay.I am watchin 3 at the moment.

pack racks might fetch £40 ish.grab rail maybe £10.

the bags always fetch the most as they fit any rack.
Good luck.

joyceeboy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Tiger 800XC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2012, 08:39:23 am »
Thanks for that, this was was my first tactic. If no luck here I was going to split into 3 lots on eBay to garner the most interest as anyone can use the bag and many the rack but only a few would be interested in the L Bars. You never know if the L bars don't go on eBay but I get good prices for the others there may be a "free to a good home offer" here.

Ian

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
For Sale - Ventura Luggage for Gen1 Fazer 1000
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2012, 07:37:32 pm »
Ayup why not sell me the bars - grab hand - bag rack.
You can sell the bag on evil bay as the bags always make good money as there is a demand for em.

Dave

joyceeboy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Tiger 800XC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2012, 11:47:58 am »
Ayup why not sell me the bars - grab hand - bag rack.
You can sell the bag on evil bay as the bags always make good money as there is a demand for em.

Dave

Dave,

Like the cut of your gib, I'm more than happy to do that mate. What's your offer? I didn't say I was taking offers but who pays full price for anything these day?

Ian

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2012, 09:53:13 pm »
pm me a price you would take for em and we will take it from there.

Dave..

markrg

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2012, 11:17:52 pm »
I've been looking at Ventura, how does it affect handling when the luggage is on and fully loaded?  Im off around europe in June and Ventura always seems like a convenient option.
Cheers
Mark

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2012, 08:44:15 am »
I cant praise them enuff m8. I have been using ventura on all my bikes since 2005 for big euro tours.I love how they dont block the airflow and are so quickly detachable. I usually bungee a grip bag to my pillion seat and have the ventura bag on the rack. This year I picked up a 15 litre second bag which zips to the main 51 litre bag, so this will save all the bungeeing.I can carry everything I need for a 12 day trip in the bags, with usually spare space. I also have a baglux tank bag for all my bits and pieces and documents etc.
the big bonus of ventura is if you change the bike, usually its just a case of buying the new side rails, as most pack racks are universal. There is a lot of ventura stuff on ebay, and it usually fetches good prices- always an indicator of how popular stuff is.
I leave my side rails on all year and bought the grab rail to fit on when I dont use the pack rack.

markrg

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2012, 12:34:37 am »
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.  Ventura it is!

Smokinjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia Rsvr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2012, 06:50:12 pm »
I would be interested in the grab rail if still available?