Date: 27-05-24  Time: 06:17 am

Author Topic: Headlight Recommendation  (Read 671 times)

StuSid

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Headlight Recommendation
« on: 05 April 2017, 02:05:05 pm »
Thinking of removing the fairings from my 01 Fazer... previous owner did an awful job with some projectors and i think the bike looks better without the fairings anyway...

Anyhow what i need is a Recommendation of a single headlight unit to buy? i don't have 100's to spend i just want a nice looking single round headlight with a beam pattern legal in the UK...Ebay is awful for Chinese aftermarket shit now which to be honest i would buy but none have an answer for me on beam patterns they all say they have no clue which is annoying why sell something you've no f**king clue about...

Thanks for any Recommendations guys i couldn't really find anything on the forum about it.

P.S ... i mean this looks ok and would solve the having to mount the indicators problem but the beam pattern is probably everywhere on them. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331962801210?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

daviee

Re: Headlight Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2017, 06:39:58 pm »
they indicators are not legal in this country they are too close together

StuSid

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight Recommendation
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2017, 11:10:45 pm »
I checked the MOT pass and it has nothing about indicator spacing only that they must emit orange light and flash between 60-120 times per minute ive also looked for anything on laws with indicators and i cant find anything about being too close together.

Im not saying youre wrong but can you prove it to me? as i cant find anything about it is all. cheers for the info if it is infact 100% legit.

EDIT: i actually found the legislation and they should be fine... unless im misunderstanding it

Minimum separation distance between a front indicator and any dipped-beam headlamp or front fog lamp
(A)
Fitted to a motor vehicle, other than a solo motor bicycle or a motor bicycle combination, first used on or after 1st April 1991: (a) in the case of a Category 1 indicator, 40 mm; (b) in the case of a Category 1a indicator, 20 mm; (c) in the case of a Category 1b indicator, no requirement
(B)
Fitted to a solo motor bicycle or a motor bicycle combination in either case first used on or after 1st April 1986: 100 mm
(C)
Fitted to any other vehicle: No requirement
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 11:19:28 pm by StuSid »