Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:41 pm

Author Topic: Suspended sentence - really?  (Read 2696 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Suspended sentence - really?
« on: 26 October 2022, 08:49:25 pm »
Shame plod didn't nudge it earlier - the suspended sentence means nothing as the scrotes will take no notice of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-63396667

[Edited to fix the tiny font: GrahamM]

« Last Edit: 27 October 2022, 10:20:04 am by b1k3rdude »
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended sentence - really?
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2022, 10:11:03 am »
No licence, likely stolen machine, so no tax, no insurance, no mot, possibly a drug runner.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2022, 10:28:01 am »
Indeed, and it was barely a nudge at that. They need some broken bones to make sure it sinks in so they think twice next time.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2022, 11:42:15 am »
They need some broken bones to make sure it sinks in so they think twice next time.

Great idea! Why not give them a belt on the head with a truncheon whilst you're at it...

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2022, 04:26:25 pm »
They need some broken bones to make sure it sinks in so they think twice next time.

Great idea! Why not give them a belt on the head with a truncheon whilst you're at it...
[/quote

That's what's needed. They'll more than likely get their scooter resprayed in rainbow stripes and be given front row tickets for the cops next performance of the macarena.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2022, 04:38:25 pm »

Oh absolutely yes.
Likely as not, a lifetime on benefits beckons, interspersed with occasional interactions with the criminal justice system, further draining the public purse

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2022, 08:01:57 pm »
Likely as not, a lifetime on benefits beckons, interspersed with occasional interactions with the criminal justice system, further draining the public purse

And if we privatise the NHS they'll have to pay for their treatment too!

(For more details, see the Daily Mail...)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2022, 08:59:42 pm »

Now you mention it :pokefun

Seriously though, some of the scrotes do deserve a good tw@ting to remind them not to do it again sometimes. Suspended sentences are just an inconvenience (that they had to get up early or leave the pub to go to court) as it does nothing.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2022, 10:43:50 pm »
Were these little f***s to stop when instructed to by the police, there would be no need to knock off now would there...
I have zero empathy or sympathy in instance, these are the type of meatsacks that attack people with hammers or worse acid. A broken leg or arm, is something you recover from, a hammer to the head or acid in the face is not.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 October 2022, 11:49:37 pm »
Were these little f***s to stop when instructed to by the police, there would be no need to knock off now would there...

Well, why not just authorise the Police to shoot them then?

(These and other such great ideas can be found in the pages of the Judge Dredd comic...)

I have zero empathy or sympathy in instance, these are the type of meatsacks that attack people with hammers or worse acid. A broken leg or arm, is something you recover from, a hammer to the head or acid in the face is not.

Ah, the presumption of guilt as a justification for "assertive policing". Another great idea (that worked so well for George Floyd...)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2022, 12:46:40 am »
Im not a fan of the police by any stretch, I have been abused (physically and otherwidse) by them or more than one occasion. But regarding these scrotes and your presumption of guilt in relation to them, the fact they DONT pull over and put other peopls lives in danger while they are at it, means I have no problem with the police using tacktical contact to force them to stop, period.

On a related note everytime and I mean EVERYTIME I have seen 2 guys on a scooter, in London, they are always & clearly upto no good. The give away signs are trainers, no protective gear (beyond the crash helmet), tracksuit bottoms, the list goes on. The aformentioned then coupled with them staring at you, looking around like they are being followed and riding in a manor that means you need to GTFO away from them or the situation.

What the mayor of London should be doing instead of creating B$ schemes like ULEZ, changing the speed limit to 20 on A-roads, is give the Police more money to fund things like Operation Venice.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2022, 08:56:29 am »

Ah, the presumption of guilt as a justification for "assertive policing". Another great idea (that worked so well for George Floyd...)

If you were innocent, would you fail to stop? No - they were guilty of something which is why they didnt want to stop.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2022, 02:41:10 pm »
Also on the subject of George Lloyd (GL), while tragic it cant be compared. Different country and while there is some predudice and racisim in the met, they are no where near the same level as the popo in the US. And lastly that thug and his buddies involved in the death of GL, all got sent to prison. When british cops cause wrongfull death they need to get sent down also, but due to the broken system that we have that is not happening nearly enough.
« Last Edit: 28 October 2022, 08:16:04 pm by b1k3rdude »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2022, 04:19:28 pm »
If you were innocent, would you fail to stop?

Have you ever been stopped for being "suspiciously black"? No...?

Time for the classic Constable Savage sketch again...

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2022, 08:13:31 pm »

Have you ever been stopped for being "suspiciously black"? No...?

Time for the classic Constable Savage sketch again...

I have been stopped and even arrested for things I have not done. One thing I didn't do was run though as I knew I had nothing to hide and had done nothing wrong.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 October 2022, 09:16:33 pm »
It’s quite simple. If the cops say stop. Stop……….unless of course you’ve got something to hide.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2022, 11:08:33 pm »
I have been stopped and even arrested for things I have not done. One thing I didn't do was run though as I knew I had nothing to hide and had done nothing wrong.

I'm glad you are secure enough in your privilege...

The 2019/20 data indicates that Black people were about 5.7 times more likely to have force used on them than White people. The data further shows that officers were more than nine times as likely to have drawn Tasers (but not discharged them) on Black people than on White people. Additionally, Black people were eight times more likely to be ‘compliant handcuffed’ than White people and over three times more likely to have a spit and bite guard used on them than White people.

Report from HM Inspector of Constabulary

https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmicfrs/wp-content/uploads/disproportionate-use-of-police-powers-spotlight-on-stop-search-and-use-of-force.pdf

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2022, 11:15:53 pm »
It’s quite simple. If the cops say stop. Stop……….unless of course you’ve got something to hide.

Try telling that to the People who campaigned for Civil Rights in the USA.

It's quite simple: if the Police are liable to give you a belt around the head with a truncheon or (these days) zap you with a Taser if you don't do what they say, not only are you extremely naive and trusting, you're also jeopardising the privacy, safety and civil rights of everyone else by justifying the authorities stopping anyone they want "just in case" they might have something to hide..

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 October 2022, 08:26:37 am »

The 2019/20 data indicates that Black people were about 5.7 times more likely to have force used on them than White people. The data further shows that officers were more than nine times as likely to have drawn Tasers (but not discharged them) on Black people than on White people. Additionally, Black people were eight times more likely to be ‘compliant handcuffed’ than White people and over three times more likely to have a spit and bite guard used on them than White people.

https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmicfrs/wp-content/uploads/disproportionate-use-of-police-powers-spotlight-on-stop-search-and-use-of-force.pdf

"....The 2019/20 data indicates that Black people were about 5.7 times more likely to have force used on them than White people...."

Yeah, but you can't deny that they do have a tendency to resist more, be uncooperative, bad mannered, or simply try and do the off.

I have friends who are police officers, and they tell me exactly the same thing. They have nothing to prove or any reason to lie to me, it's just the way things are.
Get rid of the massive chip on your shoulder, cooperate in a polite manner, and stop scarpering even when you're innocent, and the future could be a lot easier and brighter for everyone, but i can't see that happening anytime soon when some people have an instant disrespect for a person in uniform.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2022, 08:27:09 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 October 2022, 08:37:13 am »

Privilege? What a ridiculous thing to say?

And irrespective of your link, the police force, especially the Met, are so woke right now that they're scared to let their officers do their job properly without fear of some sort of reprisal, normally by the repulsive media.
Like all these idiot protesters sitting in the roads of London. How on earth is that not wilful obstruction and a breach of the peace, yet the police are hardly on rapid response to remove them to let Londoners get on with their daily life without any more hinderance. Life is tough enough right now so we really don't need brainless morons upsetting everyone, because that is all that they're doing, they are not gaining any support by the decent general public whatsoever.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 October 2022, 01:00:10 pm »
"....The 2019/20 data indicates that Black people were about 5.7 times more likely to have force used on them than White people...."

Yeah, but you can't deny that they do have a tendency to resist more, be uncooperative, bad mannered, or simply try and do the off.

I invite you to re-read my previous posts and consider, if you were in their position, *why* you might behave that way.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 October 2022, 01:18:37 pm »

Do people look at you walking down the street at night and think "is he a mugger or a rapist"? Do shop assistants keep a special eye on you in case you're going to try to nick stuff? How many times have you been Stopped and Searched because your face "doesn't fit" in a particular area? etc etc etc.

And irrespective of your link, the police force, especially the Met, are so woke right now that they're scared to let their officers do their job properly without fear of some sort of reprisal, normally by the repulsive media.

"So woke"? You mean trying hard not to be "Institutionally Racist"?!

"British policing is institutionally racist. Until we admit it we’ll never win back trust"- Neil Basu is assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan police

Like all these idiot protesters sitting in the roads of London. How on earth is that not wilful obstruction and a breach of the peace, yet the police are hardly on rapid response to remove them to let Londoners get on with their daily life without any more hinderance. Life is tough enough right now so we really don't need brainless morons upsetting everyone, because that is all that they're doing, they are not gaining any support by the decent general public whatsoever.

Lol! People protesting in a way you don't like are "idiots" and, of course, YOU are part of the "decent" general public. And the fact that this planet is facing a Climate Emergency isn't as important as making life easier for you, even though when (not if!) Global Warming starts having a real effect, that's going to make life a hell of a lot more tougher for you and everyone else.

They have *tried* protesting "nicely". There have been campaigns and petitions and letters to MPs and TV programmes and warnings from scientists and successive governments have said "Yes, we agree, something needs to be done" before they kick the can down the road again.

And now we have a Prime Minister who isn't even going to bother to go to the COP 27 conference, showing exactly how much he cares...

So people are taking action that makes others have to pay attention and whilst that may be inconvenient for you and might lose some support from the "decent general public" (ie people who think like you, others are going to start thinking "maybe they have a point".

But I'm sure you'd rather the Police just lock them all away, just like those who think a "few broken bones" might deter others and we take another step down the slippery slope to living in a wonderfully dystopian Police State...

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2022, 01:47:36 pm »

Do people look at you walking down the street at night and think "is he a mugger or a rapist"? Do shop assistants keep a special eye on you in case you're going to try to nick stuff? How many times have you been Stopped and Searched because your face "doesn't fit" in a particular area? etc etc etc.

"British policing is institutionally racist. Until we admit it we’ll never win back trust"- Neil Basu is assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan police

Lol! People protesting in a way you don't like are "idiots" and, of course, YOU are part of the "decent" general public. And the fact that this planet is facing a Climate Emergency isn't as important as making life easier for you, even though when (not if!) Global Warming starts having a real effect, that's going to make life a hell of a lot more tougher for you and everyone else.

They have *tried* protesting "nicely". There have been campaigns and petitions and letters to MPs and TV programmes and warnings from scientists and successive governments have said "Yes, we agree, something needs to be done" before they kick the can down the road again.

And now we have a Prime Minister who isn't even going to bother to go to the COP 27 conference, showing exactly how much he cares...

So people are taking action that makes others have to pay attention and whilst that may be inconvenient for you and might lose some support from the "decent general public" (ie people who think like you, others are going to start thinking "maybe they have a point".

But I'm sure you'd rather the Police just lock them all away, just like those who think a "few broken bones" might deter others and we take another step down the slippery slope to living in a wonderfully dystopian Police State...

Yes, you STILL sound ridiculous, and I'm quite certain you'll find that "people like me" are in the vast majority.

You ride a motorbike, and have a motor vehicle too, yet are supporting Stop Oil Protesters?

Stop embarrassing yourself.  :groan
« Last Edit: 29 October 2022, 02:40:32 pm by darrsi »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 October 2022, 11:24:06 am »
When some people have an instant disrespect for a person in uniform.
Unfortunatly that is also me, but rather Im male, white, middle aged and privllaged according to the SJW/Woke f***wits of the chattering classes. Due to how I have been treated by the police as a motorcylist and as a regular person,  I am always wary of them and avoid interaction unless required.

Do shop assistants keep a special eye on you in case you're going to try to nick stuff?
Maybe its me, but even with my crash helmet off...!!!, security guards stare at me, which is ironic as theese guards tend to be of ethnic minority.

I agree which this statment.

When Global Warming starts having a real effect, that's going to make life a hell of a lot more tougher for you and everyone else.
The govement and councils are 'already' trying to do something about this. And while some of these inicitives are laudable, some councils are are not using upto date or accurate data to accomplish this. For example Hackney is basing its parking charges on emissions data thats 30yrs old, yeah you read that right. So 10 years before the first euro standard (2002) for motorcycles.

There are ways of starting a dialogue, it doesent always work of course. Which is why physically protesting is required, but there are ways of protesting that dont make life difficult for everyone else. For example I marshalled on the Hackney protest ride a short while back where several hundred bikers did several loops of central Hackney against the proposed parking charges. It didnt stop any one from going about thier business and it got us a meeting with a Hackney counciler.

- But I'm sure you'd rather the Police just lock them all away.
- Just like those who think a "few broken bones" might deter others
- we take another step down the slippery slope to living in a wonderfully dystopian Police State...
-On a related but important issue there is previous and exusting UK goverments have given the police too many extra powers when there was already existing law/powers in place. As in the ability to protest lawfully whithout fear of arrest, which the goverment are desperatly trying to prevent.
- Dude, you cant compare scrotes on a stolen moped to climate protesters.
- I cant argue with that, as its already happening.

But we are getting off topic here, the OP was about how the police deal with suspects on scooters.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2022, 11:29:07 am by b1k3rdude »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 October 2022, 11:32:33 am »
You ride a motorbike, and have a motor vehicle too, yet are supporting Stop Oil Protesters?

Time for this classic again...