tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
hugger
« on: 23 January 2013, 10:16:33 pm »
Im fed up of shite all over the bike so help me please people... post us a pic of your hugger and let me know
  • Make (obviously)
  • How easy to fit
  • How much filth does it stop
Much appreciated your opinions better than buyers reviews and seeimng pictures on a bike better than just seeing the hugger.
Cheers.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: hugger
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2013, 09:54:02 am »
Unless you also incorporate one of those weird BMW mudguards extending out over the wheel speedway-style, no generic hugger will stop all the crud spraying up round the rear.  Like the bottom of the front mudguard, huggers would probably benefit from 'extenders' to keep the filth away.  Frankly, the Japanese skimp on mudguards to appease those who want everything on display and don't ride in the damp.

I'd say get any one that extends down around the area where the underside of the rear shock is, as all the stuff around there is a real pain to keep clean (and shock linkage parts cost £££ to replace).  I also fitted a sock/tube thingy to keep the shock clean

Bloomeanie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 SA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2013, 11:05:20 pm »
I got fed-up with the stupid OE one and eventually came across one from a GSX1250 - took a fair bit of trimming, and making mounting brackets, but as it had chainguard built in I did away with fazer guard.
It doesn`t stop all the crap, but cuts it down a hell of a lot.
Will post some pics tomorrow.

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2013, 08:14:32 am »
 :)    I've had the same make of Rear Hugger on three Gen 1s .. Never any Problems.

Check out Pyramid Plastics (of Weymouth UK).   Really easy to fit .. no need to remove wheel .. ten minutes max .. close fitting over tyre .. does the job and looks the biz  8)    Available in Plastic or Carbon Fibre (as you can see here)

Stay Safe  :\     Trev    The Polar Bear (Spain)
« Last Edit: 04 February 2013, 08:16:47 am by purplebear7 »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2013, 09:48:03 pm »
I've had the same make of Rear Hugger on three Gen 1s .. Never any Problems.
Sorry top thread HiJack, but PB what the make and model of that pipe and can..?

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2013, 10:12:39 pm »
Hi Dude,

Not my thread .. but nice that you have apologised for the hijack  :)

The Can and Pipe kit are from MIVV .. Straight forward push on fit, Next to no weight, Marked up as road legal, Best sound you'll ever hear and only one good second mortgage to buy  :'(   The best never did come for pea nuts.

Made in Italy .. I got mine sent to Spain direct from the factory but I think they had a UK Agent. They did have a web-site back in 2007 .. I'm not sure now.

I sold it (and the Hugger) to guys in the group .. when I put the bike back to near standard trip .. ready for sale. Couple of more photo's .. I hope that makes your mind up  :lol

Stay Safe  ;)    Trev. The Polar Bear.

Bloomeanie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 SA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2013, 12:59:20 pm »
Pics of suzuki hugger on my FZ1 - got it from a scrappers, for a tenner. Carbon fiber effect finish but rubbed down and sprayed gloss. A bit of hassle trimming to shape for swing-arm and over brake hose, making L-brackets to screw it onto. Fixing on chain side is onto a plate fixed onto where original chain guard fixed.
Still got to improve front bracket (on center of swing-arm as its awkward to remove/refit.

Silencer is a Beowulf - far better than original black thing. Lost Exup valve but engine feels a lot sharper and sounds great too.

tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2013, 07:24:26 pm »
:)    I've had the same make of Rear Hugger on three Gen 1s .. Never any Problems.

Check out Pyramid Plastics (of Weymouth UK).   Really easy to fit .. no need to remove wheel .. ten minutes max .. close fitting over tyre .. does the job and looks the biz  8)    Available in Plastic or Carbon Fibre (as you can see here)

Stay Safe  :\     Trev    The Polar Bear (Spain)
Looks good better get on the web and find one.. Cheers
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

bigfootpete

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2013, 07:54:31 pm »
I've just ordered a Power bronze one from M&P, useless bastards said it was in stock when it obviously wasn't! still waiting after a week.

I think I tried Pyramid plastics years ago and it didn't fit, so I sent it back, now with my Ohlins suspenders I need one...

Bloomeanie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 SA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2013, 10:22:54 pm »
I tried all the hugger makes  I could find but none did a decent one for FZ1 Gen2, probably due to shape of swinging arm.
So came across one from 1250 Bandit and modded that to fit.