Date: 17-05-24  Time: 10:56 am

Author Topic: possibly the best mod I've made ??  (Read 2531 times)

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
possibly the best mod I've made ??
« on: 27 May 2015, 03:57:15 pm »
Hi,

Just made a small and relatively cheap mod to my FZ8 and I am so pleased at the difference it's made to riding the bike..

I just feel so much more connected having got rid of the rubbery, ugly OE pegs. Really chuffed and only £25.

I have fitted some billet alloy foot pegs and they feel great under my feet and no vibes because the pegs are still rubber mounted on the frame.

and here's the ebay link to the items I bought. They came from far east but I've had no issues at all and the delivery was about 10 days.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Rider-Motorcycle-Foot-Pegs-Rests-Custom-fit-Yamaha-FZ8-S-FAZER-2010-2014-/311282347251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4879dfacf3

There are UK based versions but they are nearly twice the price..

thanks for reading...
« Last Edit: 27 May 2015, 04:07:49 pm by farmer giles »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: possibly the best mod I've made ??
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2015, 10:10:55 pm »
If you want to make it better still, you can take the rubber washers from the peg mounting bracket and turn them the wrong way round. That reduces bracket flex even further.

They still don't vibrate, and it's free 8)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2015, 10:54:05 pm »
If you want to make it better still, you can take the rubber washers from the peg mounting bracket and turn them the wrong way round. That reduces bracket flex even further.

Really ??    I had taken a look at them and I had assumed that they would be the same either way round...

That's a job for tomorrow..

thanks for that...

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2015, 07:30:57 am »
Yep, did it to my old gen II. You can replace the washers with thick s/s ones which makes the mounts completely solid. Didn't do this myself as I thought vibes might get through.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2015, 04:15:17 pm »
Well I swapped the washers over today and the foot mounts are much better.

Having said that I can feel a few extra vibes through the balls of my feet but when resting on the instep of my boots I cant feel them.

I'm gonna leave them flipped for now as I think having more rigid foot mounts is worth the odd vibration..  Will have to get out and do a few miles to see how I get on..

thanks again..  great tip...   8)